Poll

Which of these finna blow up and make it big ?

Clyde Carson
10 (38.5%)
Glasses Malone
13 (50%)
Omar Cruz
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Which of these finna blow ?? (Clyde Carson, G Malone, Omar Cruz)  (Read 510 times)

Jome

Realistically, these are the most likely to blow up on the West.. (I left Bishop Lamont out on purpose for several reasons: budget, affiliates, would win the poll easily, etc.)

Clyde Carson - Oakland, California. Capitol Records. 25 years old.

Glasses Malone - Watts, California. Universal Records. 29 years old.

Omar Cruz - Los Angeles, California. Interscope/Geffen. 28 years old.

Keep it realistic, no need for Crooked I talk in here..

h2k4

Re: Which of these finna blow ?? (Clyde Carson, G Malone, Omar Cruz)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:36:24 PM »
I would have to say Clyde does.  All of his songs to date should have been mainstream winners but the label has failed to push them correctly.  I think they will do a better job this time around with his latest single.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »
I would have to say Clyde does.  All of his songs to date should have been mainstream winners but the label has failed to push them correctly.  I think they will do a better job this time around with his latest single.

lsjmayne

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:07:15 PM »
co sign

Black Gloves

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 08:21:13 PM »
What in the fuck?

Glasses is 29 years old??

Daaamn i thought dude was like 25-26 maybe. Damn.

I know Bishop is like 29-30 something but i neva thought Glasses was like that.

N damn Clyde only 25?

SOUL MECHANIX

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 08:35:10 PM »
I didn't realize Glasses was 29. Clyde got 4 years on him.

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 08:44:40 PM »
the whole poll is stupid, why just those three. . . omar cruz is on the same label, so his budget, affiliates etc aint gonna be too different! bishop doesnt have what it takes to blow up to be a hit maker he's not that kind of rapper, therefore he's never gonna "blow up" to such a degree .. g malone has the potential to be a hit maker, and omar cruz is in his own lane currently and has potential to bring somthing different to the game, on that note, clyde carson, can have nearly whatever he wants on his album etc . . and as long as capitol make sure they market him correctly, he has allready shown us potential hits, he is the next rapper to blow / along with jay rock

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 09:01:13 PM »
im hopin o dot...homies been killin em

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »
I'd like for both Cruz & Glasses to blow but it would most likely be Glasses.  I don't think i've heard of Carson.  Unless its the free downloads on dubcnn.com

remo2000

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 09:27:47 PM »
How the hell can u forget Ya Boy??
He shits on everyone at the moment.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 09:30:09 PM »
I say Glasses soon as the "Haters" video drops.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jome

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 09:52:42 PM »
the whole poll is stupid, why just those three. . . omar cruz is on the same label, so his budget, affiliates etc aint gonna be too different! bishop doesnt have what it takes to blow up to be a hit maker he's not that kind of rapper, therefore he's never gonna "blow up" to such a degree .. g malone has the potential to be a hit maker, and omar cruz is in his own lane currently and has potential to bring somthing different to the game, on that note, clyde carson, can have nearly whatever he wants on his album etc . . and as long as capitol make sure they market him correctly, he has allready shown us potential hits, he is the next rapper to blow / along with jay rock

Because those three are the most likely to blow, that's why.
They all have the right backing from a major with money behind them, and the "right" people are fucking with them.

I'm so sure that Bishop would get more than 70% of the votes, that I didn't even bother to include him.
He got the whole Aftermath/Interscope machine behind him, with all that includes.. and built up a big buzz through the mixtapes.
Besides, Bishop is already discussed to death on this forum.

How the hell can u forget Ya Boy??
He shits on everyone at the moment.

I actually had him in the poll when I first drafted it.. but then I figured, what kinda deal he got.. Precise Music Group/Done Deal Ent.. ? Is there a possible blow-up single coming.. does he have the right backing (yet).. affiliates.. album coming out any time soon.. nah, I just don't see him fitting into this group yet, maybe in a year or two.

Royce Da 5'9'' shits on everyone at the moment too, that doesn't mean he's gonna be blowing up any time soon.

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 10:22:05 PM »

Agreed and ROFL @ Jome in regards to Crooked I. He'll release it when Detox hits the shelves.

Black Gloves

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 11:12:34 PM »

Real talk//

Rappers with the potential to blow:

Jay Rock
Clyde Carson
Juice (..cuz he has the mainstream appeal, if he can get some hit songs he'll def blow up, especially if he stays fuckin with Game cuz then he'll get the whole BWS fanbase behind him)
Ya Boy
G Malone
Omar Cruz (at least on the Westcoast)
Nipsey Hussle

50-50:

Crooked I
Lil Eazy
Dubb
K-Dot

Rappers who won't blow up:

Bishop Lamont (dude still nice)
Spider Loc
Hot Dolla (dude decent)
Young Maylay (dude still nice)
40 Glocc
Topic

and some others

acgrundy

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 11:29:42 PM »
You guys are writing your reasoning as these rappers have good skills.  Soldier boy blew up...he ain't got no skills.  Its all about making a hit club/radio song.  Thats it.  These street singles/mixtapes shit...that ain't gonna do shit other than get to the internet heads.  CD's are nearly obsolete.  I never listen to cd's anymore...its all about the Ipod.  In several years there will not be a single rapper going close to platinum.  There won't be much of a reason to purchase full albums...in fact when it comes to hip hop, most people only listen to a few cuts on a hip hop album.  The music industry is going to change...its going to be all about signing someone strictly for a song or 2.  No reason for a label to put up a bunch of money for a full album when the marketing dictates that people only care about a couple of songs.  tower is out of business, warehouse is out of business, FYE will be out of business...best buy and target will soon realize that it is not worth the floor space to carry so many cd's.  A perfect example is E-40 and Tell Me When To Go.  That shit was HUGE.  The hyphy movement was HUGE.  You can find ghostriding whip videos all over youtube.  Yet I don't even think his album went platinum.  No reason to buy the full album.