Author Topic: Clippers Sign Brian Skinner  (Read 85 times)

GangstaBoogy

Clippers Sign Brian Skinner
« on: July 31, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »
The Los Angeles Clippers signed veteran forward Brian Skinner, vice president of basketball operations announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced. Originally drafted by the Clippers in the first round (22nd overall pick) of the 1998 NBA Draft, Skinner is a 10-year NBA veteran who returns to Los Angeles after playing 66 games last season with the Phoenix Suns. Skinner averaged 3.3 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 0.2 assists for Phoenix in 2007-08. “Brian Skinner is a veteran NBA player who will give us both size and depth in the middle,” Baylor said. “We are familiar with Brian and know that he will be a good fit in his return to the Clippers.”

Nice addition. Clippers lookin pretty deep.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Clippers Sign Brian Skinner
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:06:03 PM »
That's a nice pick-up for added interior depth, but that dude has to have the dumbest-looking goatee I've ever seen.
I got a bird's eye view

jaytee

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 08:44:13 PM »
They have made some surprisingly nice moves this offseason.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 08:56:12 PM »
Yea...they also waived Josh Powell. IMO, Powell was more valuable.

Clippers waive F Powell

Jul 30, 7:24 pm EDT

LOS ANGELES (TICKER) —The Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday waived forward Josh Powell.

With the acquisitions of center Marcus Camby - via a trade from Denver - and the selection of center DeAndre Jordan in June’s draft joining a Clippers team that already had forward Al Thornton and center Chris Kaman, Powell faced long odds of competing for a spot on the roster.

In 64 games last season, the 6-9, 225-pound Powell averaged 5.5 points and 5.2 rebounds

Wouldn't mind if the Lakers took a look at him.

jaytee

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 12:02:13 AM »
I like Powell as well.  He looked like he could be a serviceable backup towards the end of the season.  Someone will pick him up.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 11:06:53 AM »
Skinner brings a defensive presence

The Best of 3 Worlds