Author Topic: Blockbuster 3 team Trade: Bay to Boston, Manny to LA, prospects to Pitt  (Read 530 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: Blockbuster 3 team Trade: Bay to Boston, Manny to LA, prospects to Pitt
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 05:25:58 PM »
Mark my words Laroche is NOT gonna be a great Major League palyer.

he may turn out to be a decent player...but i feel that dewitt will be better. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Blockbuster 3 team Trade: Bay to Boston, Manny to LA, prospects to Pitt
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 02:28:41 AM »
DeWitt has been a better player in the majors than LaRoche, but they are both young and should both improve. LaRoche was really highly regarded, and he could blossom into a really great player. But the Dodgers just got Casey Blake to play 3rd, have DeWitt for the future, and got the best offensive player in the game in Manny Ramirez. If they don't win the pathetic NL West now, they are a joke..Arizona has a couple good starters and will step it up a little bit, and Colorado could get hot, but the Dodgers should take the division. They weren't going to get Jason Bay instead, Pittsburgh and Boston were already set in this, they were just looking for a 3rd team. The main reason for the trade is that Boston wanted to get rid of Manny. By the way, who plays center for the Dodgers now? I figure they start Ramirez, Ethier and Kemp, so Kemp in center?

If you really have to ask who plays CF, then are you even watching the Dodger games this year?  Dewitt and laroche both dont have enough ML at bats to see who's better, it's frankly stupid to make anything out of it.
I don't follow that many games of theirs because I'm a Giants fan, but I catch a few games when they are on. Obviously I figured Kemp would be in CF, I was just checking to see if they would choose with common sense. The first night with Ramirez in LF, Jones still started. And for the Dewitt/Laroche argument, that's pretty much what I said. Dewiit has been more productive so far, but they are both at the beginning of their careers, so only time will tell on that. By the way, Manny is out to play for a contract now and prove to everyone that he isn't a distraction, so that's a scary thought if you consider him being more motivated.
I got a bird's eye view