Author Topic: Oden Cleared To Play  (Read 661 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Oden Cleared To Play
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 12:36:55 PM »
blazers will make the playoffs
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:44:49 PM »
^^^If they don't it will be a hell of a disappointment, especially with teams like Denver and GS pretty much out of the conversation and teams like PHX and Dallas rapidly declining.

Look at the depth chart -

Bayless/Blake/Rodriguez
Webster/Outlaw/Batum
Roy/Fernandez
Aldridge/Frye/Diogu
Oden/Przybilla

Most vet teams dont even have that much talent.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 12:47:26 PM »
Interesting quote from Blazers/Team USA coach Nate McMillan:

While working as an assistant with the U.S. Olympic team, McMillan has worked closely with Orlando's All-Star center, Dwight Howard. Jensen said McMillan told him that Oden is more powerful than Howard. And McMillan last month said he thinks Oden is more powerful than Shawn Kemp was at age 20.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 03:27:19 PM »
^^^If they don't it will be a hell of a disappointment, especially with teams like Denver and GS pretty much out of the conversation and teams like PHX and Dallas rapidly declining.

Bayless/Blake/Rodriguez
Webster/Outlaw/Batum
Roy/Fernandez
Aldridge/Frye/Diogu
Oden/Przybilla

Portland might still miss the playoffs with the Clippers in the mix and Houston getting Artest, now...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 03:29:11 PM »

While working as an assistant with the U.S. Olympic team, McMillan has worked closely with Orlando's All-Star center, Dwight Howard. Jensen said McMillan told him that Oden is more powerful than Howard. And McMillan last month said he thinks Oden is more powerful than Shawn Kemp was at age 20.

The concern is speed, not power...obviously, he's powerful as fuck, especially considering he's been able to do nothing but weight training for the last year and a half.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 03:40:13 PM by Now_I_Know »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »

The concern is speed, not power...obviously, he's powerful as fuck, especially considering he's been able to do nothing but weight training for the last year and a half.

According to Blazers trainers, he has the footspeed/agility of a SF and and has not lost any athleticism or explosiveness. His main concerns at this point are having been off the court for 9 months and conditioning. 3 months to go until the season starts so he has a nice cushion to shake some of the rust off.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 06:54:45 PM »

Bayless/Blake/Rodriguez
Webster/Outlaw/Batum
Roy/Fernandez
Aldridge/Frye/Diogu
Oden/Przybilla

Portland might still miss the playoffs with the Clippers in the mix and Houston getting Artest, now...

Clippers look good on paper but I'm gonna have to see something before I consider them a threat to make the playoffs and Artest is a damn nut, but you had to figure Houston would have been in the playoffs this year with or without him.In fact Artest to Hou probably makes things slightly better for Portland because Battier, Artest and Bowen are the 3 guys Roy seems to struggle the most against. So where last year there were 3 teams that could give Roy fits, this year there are 2 thanks to the Artest deal. Also considering that we are likely to leapfrog both GS and Denver this year, I don't think an 8 seed at the very least is out of the question. It will still probably take 50 wins in the West to get in but remember we are adding the most touted center prospect since Shaq, the MVP of the Euro league and a (widely considered to be) top 4 talent in Bayless.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 10:56:11 PM »
My prediction:

1.Lakers
2.New Orleans
3.Utah
4.Houston
5.San Antonio
6.Dallas
7.Clippers
8.Phoenix

The west is fuckin insane.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 06:50:59 AM »
My prediction:

1.Lakers
2.New Orleans
3.Utah
4.Houston
5.San Antonio
6.Dallas
7.Clippers
8.Phoenix

The west is fuckin insane.

i say Dallas is the odd-man-out

Portland takes their place
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 02:57:48 PM »
http://blogs.trailblazers.com/risewithus/2008/07/02/greg-oden-hits-the-court

Oden looks pretty agile for a guy that size. Nice little jump shot he's developing too. Hakeem the 2nd! lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »

Oden looks pretty agile for a guy that size. Nice little jump shot he's developing too. Hakeem the 2nd! lol

If Oden=Hakeem, Bynum=Kareem.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 08:00:58 PM »

Lolz 13 points and 10 rebounds a game, DOMINATING

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 12:21:44 AM »

Lolz 13 points and 10 rebounds a game, DOMINATING

2nd Best Player on the Lakers, averaging a double-double at the age of 20, highest field goal% in the league. "Lolz"@that.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 02:43:45 AM »

I suppose my homerism is not about to be outdone by yours! :D