Author Topic: WHAT U LA FOLKS GOTTA SAY ABOUT NOHO? (SFV)  (Read 414 times)

J Bananas

WHAT U LA FOLKS GOTTA SAY ABOUT NOHO? (SFV)
« on: August 09, 2008, 04:49:30 PM »
I'll be moving back out of Vancouver on the 20th of this month, and will be staying in Seattle/SJ/Monterey for a couple months, gathering stuff for the big move and doing some financial shit.
Then I'll be heading down to LA November 1st.
I wanna do the valley just cuz it's near a lot of major and not so major studios, and that's my career field so....
I've been apartment hunting,  and right now I'm eying North Hollywood, Van Nuys, Burbank, and Glendale as the strongest possibilities just for $$$ and location.
I've got a family friend in real estate and she's like, yeah that's fine, and is scouting some places for me..

But I wanted to get your opinions as well..

WestCoasta

Re: WHAT U LA FOLKS GOTTA SAY ABOUT NOHO? (SFV)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »
I'm down by the beach..  Venice, Santa Monica, the marina, Culver City.... whatever direction I go, that range of area

couldn't tell you much about Burbank or Glendale because that's a ways away

North Hollywood, I knew a guy who stayed there, couldn't give you a real opinion though

one thing I do know, parking is a bitch...  LA is a giant area so you got options

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »
Van Nuys and North Hollywood can be ghetto as fuck

Glendale and Burbank can be pricey, but closer to the studios and no problems with motherfuckers breaking in and stealing your cassette player for crack rocks.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 05:03:22 PM »

Glendale and Burbank can be pricey, but closer to the studios and no problems with motherfuckers breaking in and stealing your cassette player for crack rocks.

piffy, i knew VN and noho were diverse but if it's really ghetto then i don't wanna live there.

as far as by the beach, can me and one other afford a decent apartment for 12 or under, or could you say?

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 05:23:12 PM »
as far as by the beach, can me and one other afford a decent apartment for 12 or under, or could you say?

it could be possible but you'd have to search hard, that's for sure

there is tons of apartments being built everywhere

I'd say you're looking at 12-14, but I don't know too much about the game...

I know a guy who lives down on Venice & Sawtelle by my house and he's in that range

nice little spot, I'd sure as hell live there, not too ghetto or anything, nothin you haven't seen before

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 08:23:24 PM »

piffy, i knew VN and noho were diverse but if it's really ghetto then i don't wanna live there.

north hollywood has really nice parts, van nuys tho'.....not so much. you should stick wit burbank or glendale if saftey and non-ghettoness is a concern.....i stay in a one bedroom duplex on hollywood way on the border of sun valley & burbank and pay roughly about a G a month....but i been there for a minute so a brand new tenent would be lookin' at sumthing a lil' more expensive...but you should check out all the duplexes up and down hollywood way & buena vista, you can find sum really nice spots around there for reasonable rent....no rent control tho....but ideal location for anything entertainment industry related....shit, i just saw dj muggs at the ralphs on buena vista & victory last month so there u go...
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

westsiderider323

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 08:26:45 PM »
either North Hollywood or Glendale

J Bananas

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 08:42:26 PM »

north hollywood has really nice parts, van nuys tho'.....not so much. you should stick wit burbank or glendale if saftey and non-ghettoness is a concern.....i stay in a one bedroom duplex on hollywood way on the border of sun valley & burbank and pay roughly about a G a month....but i been there for a minute so a brand new tenent would be lookin' at sumthing a lil' more expensive...but you should check out all the duplexes up and down hollywood way & buena vista, you can find sum really nice spots around there for reasonable rent....no rent control tho....but ideal location for anything entertainment industry related....shit, i just saw dj muggs at the ralphs on buena vista & victory last month so there u go...

shit, thanks a lot bro that helps a lot. +1

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 12:00:41 AM »
Also, I got a friend who lives in Burbank on Alameda where a lot of apartments are at. He get a decent size apartment for about $900. I don't know who he blew, but it's a pretty good deal.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 01:28:28 AM »
lol for real thats hard to find there^

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »
Go to Glendale...you'll fit in best with all the Armo's.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 01:26:56 PM »
yeah it would be like an episode of keeping up with the Kardashians j/k

J Bananas

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 02:36:10 PM »
armenians are good people to know since its like they all know each other :laugh:. my aunt lives in fresno near a shitload of them and she always gets free car detailing and other little perks just through making connections.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 11:44:20 PM »
^u right about that shit got to know them

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 11:58:06 PM »
All Armenians are cool as fuck if you're good peoples. That's why The Game lives in Glendale.

THA SAUCE HOUSE