Author Topic: Tim Lincecum is the best pitcher in Baseball  (Read 559 times)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Tim Lincecum is the best pitcher in Baseball
« on: August 17, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »
13-3 with a 2.60 ERA and the most Strikeouts in the Majors while doing it on the Giants in his real full first year,  yeah he is the best pitcher in the league.  The Giants bullpen has blown 6 quality starts for him also,  if he were on a team with a better than average lineup and decent bullpen he would be at least 20-2 or 20-1 right now,  probably better,  best pitcher in the league hands down

DIP DIP SET SET

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Tim Lincecum is the best pitcher in Baseball
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 04:35:08 PM »
Cliff Lee: 17-2  2.43 ERA  1.078 WHIP  179 ERA+
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GottiValentino

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 05:08:19 PM »
K-Rod 8)

for starters I gotta say between Webb, Lee and Halladay but Lincecum is the best young pitcher

hopefully he doesnt get hurt he is fun to watch pitch

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 05:57:12 PM »
13-3 with a 2.60 ERA and the most Strikeouts in the Majors while doing it on the Giants in his real full first year,  yeah he is the best pitcher in the league.  The Giants bullpen has blown 6 quality starts for him also,  if he were on a team with a better than average lineup and decent bullpen he would be at least 20-2 or 20-1 right now,  probably better,  best pitcher in the league hands down

with our bullpen, he woulda been had those 20 wins already :D

enjoy him while you have him, when he hits FA, the big spending clubs will go after him HARD. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

herpes

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
I would wait another season or two before calling him the best pitcher in baseball.  Lets not forget Doc Gooden's second season is one of the best in baseball history and we all know how that turned out.  Though I dont think Tim will flame out like Doc.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 09:17:20 PM »
joba chamberlain, cole hamels, scott kazmir, chad billingsley

lots of young pitching talent to go around in baseball

Lincecum in 2008 indeed is the man, but Webb/Haren are still better and as is Peavy
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »
^^How do u figure?  He leads the NL in ERA,  and has 30 more strikeouts than the 2nd best in NL

DIP DIP SET SET

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 09:36:35 PM »
^^How do u figure?  He leads the NL in ERA,  and has 30 more strikeouts than the 2nd best in NL

strikeouts aren't everything.  getting outs is the priority.  Webb, Haren and Peavy are experienced proven commodities.

Lincecum is in his 2nd season.  You know who else had a solid 2nd season?  Doc Gooden.

Lincecum was a PHENOM in the minors so he certainly projects into a great future, but he is not the best pitcher in the entire game.  or NL.  or NL West.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:39:59 PM by Hack Wilson »

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 11:22:57 PM »
^^He has the best ERA in the NL so what you said doesnt make a whole lot of sense, he is the best pitcher in the NL and you can make the argument he is the best in all of Baseball, and again he is doing all of this while playing for the Giants

DIP DIP SET SET

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 11:28:34 PM »
enjoy him while you have him, when he hits FA, the big spending clubs will go after him HARD. 

;D

herpes

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 04:43:05 AM »
^^He has the best ERA in the NL so what you said doesnt make a whole lot of sense, he is the best pitcher in the NL and you can make the argument he is the best in all of Baseball, and again he is doing all of this while playing for the Giants

You missed his point you fucking moron.  He is basically saying its premature to label him the best pitcher in baseball.  Doc Gooden had one of the greatest seasons pitching ever in his 2nd year and never came close to repeating that.  Let Lincecum do this for another season or two before calling him the best pitcher in baseball.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 09:28:13 AM »
^^Fits you fucking moron I'm not paying attention to this Doc Gooden comparison crap, I am talking about where Hack said getting outs is the priority and then I came back and said Lincy leads the NL in ERA so I think that qualifies as getting outs LOL at your petty insults, grow up man and just talk sports without your vagina getting in the way.

DIP DIP SET SET

herpes

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »
^^Fits you fucking moron I'm not paying attention to this Doc Gooden comparison crap, I am talking about where Hack said getting outs is the priority and then I came back and said Lincy leads the NL in ERA so I think that qualifies as getting outs LOL at your petty insults, grow up man and just talk sports without your vagina getting in the way.

LMFAO that is the funniest thing I have ever read on this board... petty insults... looks whose talking.  Weren't you supposed to leave this place.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 04:20:27 PM »
Is pitching the best right now, would be the best thing to say..And i think he is the best pitcher in the league as well, who else has a 97 mph 2 seam fastball, and who else does this in there FIRST FULL YEAR? End of next year, I GUARANTEE nobody will b able to argue this claim...LOL@ Doc Crackhead gooden

The Best of 3 Worlds

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 05:04:06 PM »
David Price will be the best pitcher in baseball in 5 years. ;D

as for this discussion, Tim is pitching the best. doesn't mean he is the best in all of baseball. Pujous came into the league and tore it up, nobody screamed "best in baseball". now as seasons went on and he continued to put on those numbers people realized he was. what if Lincecum gets injured (knock on wood)? i coulda debated Fransisco Lirano was the best in baseball when he was healthy, but once he got hurt he was taken out of discussion. give it a year or two, then you can make your statement.

im impressed with the numbers he has thus far, only downside to him is playing in the worst division in baseball. the majoirty of Giants schedule is vs. sub-par teams. id like to see him pitch vs. the Angels lineup a couple of times a season, then we might be having these talks...imo.