Author Topic: UFC ANNOUNCES UFC 91: COUTURE vs LESNAR  (Read 1306 times)

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: UFC ANNOUNCES UFC 91: COUTURE vs LESNAR
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »

Also does this mean Nogeura has been stripped of his title? and his fight against Frank Mir is for the number 1 contender?

Yea..like wtf man? if i was Nog...i'd be pissed...i mean, Brock just leaped frog the mother fucker.

So i think the winner of Frank Mir and Nog fight fights the winner of this two.

The thing that bothers me the most is that how they come up with the matches isn't really explained. Boxing has a ranking system, what does UFC has.  And if Lesnar already lost to Mir then why is Mir stuck challenging the interim champ rather than the real heavyweight champ.  I'm sure there's more well deserving challengers in the division but some of these matchups have had me upset lately...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 12:07:04 AM »
^ $$$$$

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 01:49:45 AM »
yup its all about the cash.

Brock Lesnar brings the crowds Frank Mir doesn't.

It's the same reason Chuck will get a title shot after his next win, Because its the biggest draw. Dana White is predicting 1.1 to 1.5 million PPV buys. he wouldn't get anywhere near that if Frank Mir was fighting Randy

[img]

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 09:41:02 AM »

Also does this mean Nogeura has been stripped of his title? and his fight against Frank Mir is for the number 1 contender?

Yea..like wtf man? if i was Nog...i'd be pissed...i mean, Brock just leaped frog the mother fucker.

So i think the winner of Frank Mir and Nog fight fights the winner of this two.
And if Lesnar already lost to Mir then why is Mir stuck challenging the interim champ rather than the real heavyweight champ
Because at the time Couture was retired

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 03:35:02 PM »
I think this is too risky of a fight for both guys this quick, i mean what happens with Coture if he loses? And what about Brock with all that momentum he got with that win over herring, and then he loses? That would just put him back to stage 1, all that momentum GONE..But it is a money maker, but i dont think its that great for the biz down the line, and if Randy does lose, that might end all talk of the Fedor Randy talk..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 01:04:15 PM »
Lesnar will get rocked

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 09:48:21 PM »
I think this is too risky of a fight for both guys this quick, i mean what happens with Coture if he loses? And what about Brock with all that momentum he got with that win over herring, and then he loses? That would just put him back to stage 1, all that momentum GONE..But it is a money maker, but i dont think its that great for the biz down the line, and if Randy does lose, that might end all talk of the Fedor Randy talk..

Brock is too charismatic to not be able to bounce back from a loss to Couture, no matter how bad a loss. The only way this hurts money down the line is if the small chance of Brock winning happens, but that only hurts the wallets of those associated with the Couture/Fedor fight.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »

Brock is too charismatic to not be able to bounce back from a loss to Couture, no matter how bad a loss. The only way this hurts money down the line is if the small chance of Brock winning happens, but that only hurts the wallets of those associated with the Couture/Fedor fight.

I dont care if he bounces back, its still got hurt his momentum for a while, thats all i said

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »

I dont care if he bounces back, its still got hurt his momentum for a while, thats all i said

Losing his first fight the way he did hurt his momentum too and that was stupid on all accounts by Dana White; to put BRock in with a guy who knows submissions. At least this way they make big money.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 02:12:37 PM »

Losing his first fight the way he did hurt his momentum too and that was stupid on all accounts by Dana White; to put BRock in with a guy who knows submissions. At least this way they make big money.

For sure, its great from a money standpoint

The Best of 3 Worlds

OchoCinco

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 07:52:50 PM »
lesnar doesnt even come close to deserving a shot...just shows how weak the heavyweight class is in ufc...lesnar is just there for the ratings....sad

bez

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »
I cant believe Lesner is stupid enough to even do this though. Everyone knows he aint ready for this. If anything he needs another ten fights +  until he is ready for someone of Couture's calibre. He's a silly silly boy for doing this. This defeat could affectivly end his career before it has started, then again, if he wins ...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 11:23:36 AM »
besides NOG And Mir who else is there in the heavyweight division? Kongo? TOO BAD ANDRE LEFT  :-\
HE LOOKED VICIOUS HIS LAST FIGHT WOW!!  :o

The Best of 3 Worlds

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »
^ Gonzaga

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight