Author Topic: :( Aaliyah, Why did she of all people had to go...  (Read 479 times)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: :( Aaliyah, Why did she of all people had to go...
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 08:05:28 AM »
Are You That Somebody is her best track IMO, the song´s production is also the blueprint for a lot of late 90´s/2000 RnB.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »
"At Your Best (Remix)" was my favorite song from her followed by "One In A Million".

IMO She was the hottest chick in the game at the time. Too sexy. And One In A Million the album was a classic, changed the game.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:56:00 AM by Fool I'm A Vet »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 03:38:09 PM »
I didn't bother 2 read everyone's comments on this.  I know that really sucked when that happened.  She died doing a video of my no.1 favorite song of hers.  I can't listen to that song anymore :'( . Or Back & Forth.  She & some other women are the kind you'd wanny be with marry, have families with, want your daughter to be like, want your son to date & marry.  And they die so young. :'(  But the females who act like the ones on Springer, Maury, Steve Wilkos, the soap operas that be the reason the words bitch, slut & whore are healthy, wealthy & wise....they get to live 4ever >:(  Shoot, I don't wanna be with that kind.  Been sick & tired of that junk.
   Cut 2 the chase, my uncle who is very religious did tell me that no matter what person you are.  Even very religious or born again, if there's a voice in your head saying 'DON'T GO ON THAT PLANE' listen to it.  If you still go on, you're likely gonna get screwed :(  Aaliyah & others probably didn't have that voice in their heads not 2 go on the plane.  And also they were in a rush getting back to America & the plane & pilot wasn't in good shape.  May not sound true to anyone here but there have been some incidents 2 prove it.
You hear a few incidents about people missing planes that crashed.

Roberto Clemente took a plane to his home country even though people close 2 him said not to go on the plane.  They had a weird feeling & sadly that weird feeling was right.

Not a plane incident but just as messed up. Former Packer great McGee[don't know his 1st name] was told by his wife not 2 go on the roof & fix something.  He did it anyway & paid 4 it.  Falling & ended up dead.

There was an incident where something in my head told me something.  In 1995 in some cesspool suburb I was in, the eve of 1 of the worst kind of superbowl...an all California superbowl :monkey_piss: I took a nap & when I woke up, & thought about going 2 a nearby hangout at night, something in my head told me nah take the night off on that & watch America's Most Wanted.  I could head out there next night.  So minutes later I was watching AMW and at 9:10 some shots rang out :scarface: & I hit the floor just in case.  Where that incident took place nothing woulda happened 2 me anyway cause I woulda been long gone but that was scary though.  IT was a car to car shooting over cash & someone died. 

The moral of these incidents is to listen.  When you don't the bad part of history keeps repeating itself. 

A bonus song of Aaliyah that most have never heard on youtube.  Chopped & screwed. I can listen to this & be alright.

and another one.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:57:47 PM by DJ SUGAFREE QUIK »

thuglord

• 'G'
  • If I die press play and I will be resurrected...
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 05:30:53 PM »
I have just seen on YouTube the tribute that his brother Rasheed Timbo, Missy, Ginuwine and Janet Jackson gave to her at the MTV VMA and well, it's really moving.
Seven years passed since then but her spirit is still around thanks to her music, like this tragedy never really happened.

I forgot to mention another song I really love, "I care 4 u"... feels like listening to the end titles track on her short but wonderful story.

R.I.P. Aaliyah, and R.I.P. Left Eye too.

22 Twoz

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 11:48:19 PM »
"At Your Best (Remix)" was my favorite song from her followed by "One In A Million".

IMO She was the hottest chick in the game at the time. Too sexy. And One In A Million the album was a classic, changed the game.

how did that  album change the game? im not arguin with u im just askin
"Hi Travy"

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 12:21:48 AM »

It might not have changed the game in a big way but the album was ahead of its time production-wise, and it was also a somewhat darker and moodier album than most R&B at that time.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 12:49:50 AM »

Well production wise it changed the game because of Timbaland and it brought that whole stutter-step era of beats. Everyone during that era '96-'97-'98 copied the stutter-beat that Timbaland used on "One In A Million", "4 Page Letter", etc. that appeared on the album. R&B singers did try to bite Aaliyah's whole singing style too to go along with those beats but that could be credited to Missy cause I think she wrote a lot of those songs. It was Aaliyah's album nonetheless so she should get some credit.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:54:19 AM by Fool I'm A Vet »