Author Topic: What you know about 1996 Kanye productions?  (Read 557 times)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
What you know about 1996 Kanye productions?
« on: September 12, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WP5NNc7aI4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6WP5NNc7aI4</a>

shit is dope as fuck, you could hear another spin on the drums Premier used for Showbiz & A.G.'s classic Next Level

also, check that guy's album out.Kanye produced half of it and Dug Infinite (No I.D.'s protege) did the rest, with No I.D. lacing a banger too
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: What you know about 1996 Kanye productions?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 04:15:05 PM »
how old was he in '96? ???

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 04:31:56 PM »
i first heard of kanye in '98 on jermaine dupri's first album. it was a song wit nas.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chief

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 08:53:55 PM »
shit he's come a long way! pretty cool beat though, has an e-dub kind of sound to it

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 12:58:33 AM »
i first heard of kanye in '98 on jermaine dupri's first album. it was a song wit nas.
yup, that beat went pretty hard.one of the best songs on that album,might have to give it a few spins these days
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 09:00:02 AM »
Kanye ghosted for Derrick D.Dot Angelettie in the mid/late 90's.  I know he did some work on Mase's album.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »
Damn that shit goes hard, thanks :).
It's funky enough!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
shit he's come a long way!

word, he's dope all around.

so what do yall think...is Kanye a better rapper/artist or a better producer?

Chief

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 11:04:55 PM »

definetly a better producer... and he makes beats that really suit his charisma on the mic

not always the best singers/songwriters are the favourites, it also comes down to how an artist carries themselves on a track

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 04:48:37 AM »

definetly a better producer... and he makes beats that really suit his charisma on the mic

not always the best singers/songwriters are the favourites, it also comes down to how an artist carries themselves on a track

Hmm...interesting. I feel he is a better artist than rapper/lyricist, just like I feel Snoop is. His overall persona, image, and content outweigh his straight up rapping skills. My homeboy said Kanye is like a "Dope wack rapper" in that he reminds you of those people who aren't really good rappers, but it's something about em that draws you in, and they are hella clever about things.

It's hard for me to say if he's a better rapper or producer...I have always felt Just Blaze was a better producer, as most people who know his work would feel....but I think the fact that Kanye raps and produces elevates both sides of it. I'd say he's a better producer, because that's how he got in the game, and I think he'd have a better chance as ONLY being a producer versus ONLY being a rapper...he never would have been heard by Jay or anybody as just a rapper.

Chief

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 07:04:44 AM »
^i agree

at the end of the day, not many artists could pull off singing on a track like kanye did (auto tune played a major rols in the track sounding good) he is an established artist thats why i think its admirable that he is doing stuff like this out of his comfort zone.

there arent many artists in any genre that produce quality material which is better than previous work (talking about graduation vs college dropout & late rego)

personally i think graduation is kanyes best work, followed by CD and LR. with CD being a bit better than LR, but those two albums had very similar feels... graduation was a step forward and a really cool new sound that still sounds like kanye

imo kanye is the best in the hiphop game atm, i'm glad i saw him live earlier this year!! fukn rocked it and played some of my favourite tracks (didnt expect "get em high" it fukn rocked!)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 08:49:14 AM »
kanye was a dope rapper on college dropout as he felt like he had to prove he could rap.

Ever since then he has steadily got worse with his subject matter becoming more and more limited but he still draws you on with his production.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 12:41:35 PM »
kanye was a dope rapper on college dropout as he felt like he had to prove he could rap.

Ever since then he has steadily got worse with his subject matter becoming more and more limited but he still draws you on with his production.

as an artist, he may not come like he use to...he hasn't feel off like some artists in the game today.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 11:26:21 AM »
yo easy where can i get his cd? I was thinking about this tight ass song the today!

penenstamp

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 12:47:29 PM »
Check out some of Kanye's other early productions and songs. He fucked with some of the best lyricists.