Author Topic: "It could be worse" new England fans  (Read 617 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
"It could be worse" new England fans
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:21:20 AM »
I was reading Bill Simmons emails about the Brady shit...and i found a funny one

Q: Brady's out. That really sucks. But it could be worse -- you could be a Seattle sports fan. Let me break it down for you: The Mariners are struggling through one of their worst seasons ever. Our Sonics, the only team to win a professional title in Seattle, moved the team to Okla-friggin-homa and stuck us with the Storm. And the Seahawks -- in Holmgren's final year, mind you -- are now without their TOP FOUR RECEIVERS! Imagine losing Moss, Welker, Gaffney AND Kelley Washington. Plus our quarterback is having back problems (including rumors of bulging discs), and our best running back left last week's game with an injury. Of course, a 6-10 record might win our division, which means we get to lose in Round 1. Oh, and the travesty that was the excessive celebration call on Washington's Jake Locker. But on the bright side … well, I give up. Be thankful you don't live in Seattle.
-- Dan Gomez, Seattle

SG: I have to say, that made me feel a little better. Maybe the good people of Seattle should form an organization called "It Could Be Worse," in which they send e-mails to suddenly traumatized sports fans from other cities to talk them off the ledge.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

OG Hack Wilson

Re: "It could be worse" new England fans
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:31:16 AM »
ppl in seattle like living there lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »
Isint it always raining and shit in seattle and all depressing out there?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 12:45:42 PM »
i guess, but the Pats are always a favorite to win it all, and this injury just ended that...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 12:57:34 PM »
i guess, but the Pats are always a favorite to win it all, and this injury just ended that...

yeah they didnt even win it last year WITH brady hehehe
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 02:06:23 PM »
ha ha.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 02:43:03 AM »
Yep, same thing with portland & vancouver.  Nobody wants to go to work there.  Might explain why washington & oregon have the highest minimum wage.  If you're famous & go to bars there, everybody in the bar hates your guts cause you was on TV.  Vancouver is considered a beautiful city but it rains too much there.  That's why basketball failed there, plus the team sucked, the bad drafting.  Nobody wanted to play there.  I remember hearing about Doug West being told he was traded to Vancouver & then he turned alcoholic :cheers: .  He was on a losing team with the Wolves & when they were finally winning, & then he gets traded to another losing team.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 10:59:03 AM »
The Seahawks defense is playing VERY suspect too

The Best of 3 Worlds

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 10:45:03 AM »
Yep, same thing with portland & vancouver.  Nobody wants to go to work there.  Might explain why washington & oregon have the highest minimum wage.  If you're famous & go to bars there, everybody in the bar hates your guts cause you was on TV.  Vancouver is considered a beautiful city but it rains too much there.  That's why basketball failed there, plus the team sucked, the bad drafting.  Nobody wanted to play there.  I remember hearing about Doug West being told he was traded to Vancouver & then he turned alcoholic :cheers: .  He was on a losing team with the Wolves & when they were finally winning, & then he gets traded to another losing team.

Nobody wants to work in vancouver? You kidding me? we got a bunch of people from the east coming and working here while we got this "boom"

Fuck the French

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »

Nobody wants to work in vancouver? You kidding me? we got a bunch of people from the east coming and working here while we got this "boom"

Fuck the French

i hope our kidding

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 08:41:20 AM »

Fuck the French

i hope our kidding

Fuck the French part i was kidding...but fo real..we got so many people from Quebec, and other places far east just to work here. Alberta got that problem too hahah

but i understand the basketball situation.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »

Fuck the French

i hope our kidding

Fuck the French part i was kidding...but fo real..we got so many people from Quebec, and other places far east just to work here. Alberta got that problem too hahah

but i understand the basketball situation.

ok cus im french i take offence to english canadians saying stuff like that.

westsiderider323

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »
Well right now it will get worse for them.  And I dont' feel sorry for the NFL version of most Laker fans.  The next 5 games they could go 1-4.  Equaling 3-6.  Only win vs. the Rams.  NE don't win at Frisco, Denver is a lot better than the Fish, the Dolts will be looking for some payback.  And the Fraudgers can beat the Ingratriots, if they can STFU & play to win instead :-X.  Like they did at Foxboro in 2005.  And they don't even play Buffalo yet.