Author Topic: Whats a really good laptop that is out right now?  (Read 264 times)

AnybodyKilla

Whats a really good laptop that is out right now?
« on: September 17, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »
Whats a good laptop that is out right now? I was thinking of picking one up soon. Anyone got any reccomendations?

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Whats a really good laptop that is out right now?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »
Whats a good laptop that is out right now? I was thinking of picking one up soon. Anyone got any reccomendations?

PC or Mac?

Al Bundy

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 05:26:12 PM »
depends on what you're looking for.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 09:56:11 PM »
gateway fx series..bad ass for gaming comp. or mac pro.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Chief

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 04:17:15 AM »
i have a compaq presario and its awesome... does what i need, plays music, burns dvd's, watch movies, browse internet, word processing...

all i need it for and does it all without a hitch running vista

i guess it depends if you'll be doing any graphics or playing games, even music dvd editing... i dont do that shit so i bought the cheapest laptop out.

if i had more cash i would have got a DELL though, so check em out www.dell.com they got good variety and the lowest prices (for what you get)

Prof@ssor

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:55:15 AM »

if you want some high-end shit, then Alienware for the win ;)
Dell, and Sony are very good alternatives.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:36:53 AM »
www.apple.com/macbook/

www.apple.com/macbookpro/

www.apple.com/macbookair/

pick what fits you best of the 3 above and you wont be dissapointed.  ;D

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 04:30:19 PM »
lol @ starting at $1799 for a Macbook Air.   If you want to pay more for a inferior product get a Mac.

I got a Sony Vaio for $799 in January and it has worked perfectly fine since.  I wouldn't recommend an Acer.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
Im not looking to get a Mac cause there expensive as fuck and i dont just want the regular one, id get the Pro. But i was thinking of a HP one or a Dell, i dont really know!!!

Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 04:52:24 PM »
Im not looking to get a Mac cause there expensive as fuck and i dont just want the regular one, id get the Pro. But i was thinking of a HP one or a Dell, i dont really know!!!

How much are you looking to spend?

Matty

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »
PC wise HP and Sony are good options. I had a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop that got used 24/7 for almost 4 years and still works even now, but cost was a consideration and it was a really good price/performance ratio machine at the time. The Sony Vaio's are well built and look the business if you dont mind a slightly higher premium for what you get...

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 10:36:36 PM »

How much are you looking to spend?

Def nothing over $1000, something between 700-900, and it has to be at best buy cause imma do that finance shit. Im not a big gamer or anything, just need it for downloading musiic, surfting the web, burning shit and thats bout it!!!

JAZ

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 10:04:01 AM »
well if you start comparing the prices on the Pro with competitors for similar specs...... you are paying for what you get...

thats like me saying i wont buy a Honda Accord because its too expensive but i am buying a a Toyota Corolla....

two different type of products...

now if you stated i wont buy a Honda Civic because its too Expensive but i am buying a Toyota Corolla... then you are talking about the same type of products and in reality the prices are just about the same...

same thing with PC's and Macs... the whole price thing is a myth...

pay for what you get.