Author Topic: Game Tribute Tracks  (Read 525 times)

love33

Game Tribute Tracks
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:04 AM »
I love how The Game pays homage and does tribute songs to the East Coast and he's always shouting out "Brooklyn" and "New York" and rocking out NYC fitted hats.  I was wondering if he's going to do a tribute track to The South.  Also, is he going to work with Diddy again -- I would like to see a whole Game album produced by Diddy and Funk Flex (look at what he did with Notorious B.I.G.).

Also, howcome The Game never does any tribute tracks towards The South? He does a lot for the East, but not really so much the South.  I know Notorious B.I.G. is his favorite rapper along with Ice Cube.

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Game Tribute Tracks
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 06:50:40 AM »
Because The South Hasn't Impacted Anyone Musically, Only Sales Wise....In Other Words, The South Holds No Weight At All....

love33

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:01:59 AM »
You're crazy..what country do you live in?? The South has been running the rap game -- it's ALL ABOUT SALES kid.  Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Ludacris, T.I., Bow Wow, Scarface, Young Buck, Dem Franchize Boyz, Master P, Lil Jon, Crime Mob, Mystikal, UGK, Plies, Three Six Mafia, Juvenile, Eightball & MJG, Baby, Outkast -- I could go on with a 30+ size list.  If you said this on a regular Hip Hop forum, you would get laughed off the message board.

That's like saying "West Coast rap in the 90's had no impact" -- just cause you don't like the South and their success, don't be a hater -- they got a movement going like when we had G-Funk

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 07:31:18 AM »
Because the south hasn't impacted anyone musically in the positive way, only sales wise....
Corrected.
They have certainly impacted the negative way (everyone using wack millie-type beats).

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:20:35 AM »
You're crazy..what country do you live in?? The South has been running the rap game -- it's ALL ABOUT SALES kid.  Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Ludacris, T.I., Bow Wow, Scarface, Young Buck, Dem Franchize Boyz, Master P, Lil Jon, Crime Mob, Mystikal, UGK, Plies, Three Six Mafia, Juvenile, Eightball & MJG, Baby, Outkast -- I could go on with a 30+ size list.  If you said this on a regular Hip Hop forum, you would get laughed off the message board.

That's like saying "West Coast rap in the 90's had no impact" -- just cause you don't like the South and their success, don't be a hater -- they got a movement going like when we had G-Funk

Most of that music incredibly sucks. Lil Jon at least is entertaining, people like Bow Wow, Ludacris, Wayne, Jeezy are destroying hip hop.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
how could you put Ross' name to same post as Scarface? new south is wack, old school is dope

and Luda is dope

and sales dont matter, just look at Akrobatik, Cunninlynguists and other artists that make dope muzik but dont sell more that 5k
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:12:37 AM by RingMan »

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

love33

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »

Most of that music incredibly sucks. Lil Jon at least is entertaining, people like Bow Wow, Ludacris, Wayne, Jeezy are destroying hip hop.

You're just hating on the South because it's way better than the West is right now.  The West was the best in the 90's but just because the West is down doesn't mean hate on the South.  There are a lot of South haters on this forum.  I guess people hate you when you are successful.  The South is way bigger in the clubs also.  Rick Ross is a legend ("Trilla" debuted at #1) and "Port of Miami" is a classic.  You can bump a Rick Ross album straight through and do nothing but rewind.  The South has way better beats going right now (just like when the West had G-Funk it was the best thing going).  And FYI, Lil Jon was discovered by Too Short, the biggest legend in the history of the Bay Area. Biiiiatch!

wardy

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 03:47:28 PM »

I thought Bow Wow was from the Midwest ???
WWW.MJTKFS.COM

love33

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 04:03:09 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bow Wow is originally from Ohio but he reps Atlanta.. he changed his rep to ATL when he relocated there because JD's So So Def label headquarters is located right in the ATL.  Bow Wow reps Atlanta hard on that "Let Me Hold You Down" track he did with westcoast legend Omarion.

Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 04:22:40 PM »
Because The South Hasn't Impacted Anyone Musically, Only Sales Wise....In Other Words, The South Holds No Weight At All....

??? so much dope shit has come from there

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
game knows his shit...he gives props 2 everybody...ugk, geto boys as far as the south goes...kool g rap big daddy kane on the east eazy, cube, and pac on the west...he give props all the time...

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 02:39:22 AM »

[/quote]

Bow Wow is originally from Ohio but he reps Atlanta.. he changed his rep to ATL when he relocated there because JD's So So Def label headquarters is located right in the ATL.  Bow Wow reps Atlanta hard on that "Let Me Hold You Down" track he did with westcoast legend Omarion.
[/quote]

Omarion is a westcoast legend??? Am I missing somthing???

love33

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 04:56:37 PM »

Omarion is a westcoast legend??? Am I missing somthing???

Yeah, Omarion is from Inglewood (the same place Mack 10 is from) -- he reps Inglewood to the fullest.  Where do you think he learned all those slick dance moves from?  Him and Marques Houston (who is from Los Angeles, also a big westcoaster) used to be in a group together (remember the hit record "I Like That" with Chingy and Big Nate Dogg on the hook? that was Marques Houston).  I think he should collab with Warren G -- Warren G & Ray J were perfect together on the "Crush" track -- imagine Warren G and Omarion westcoastin' on a pimp track.  Warren, if you're reading this, you gotta collab with him man!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:58:19 PM by love33 »

midwestryder

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 10:00:16 PM »

the south never mad hip hop big as it is today . the east coast & west coast are the main reason hip hop is as big as it is . also the east coast came first ,the west coast came second , & the south came third.s game only give props to east coast becuase it started hip hop not the west coast or down south.alsos when game was growing up the south did not mean shit . when game was growing up the east coast & west coast only mattered & controled everything in hip hop . the truht is the south stole everything from the west coast . the bass sound down south has was stolen from too short & the bay.the south is not original & hasd nothing to do with the rise of hip hop like the east coast & west coast. without the east coast & west coast there would be no downsouth .
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:02:30 PM by midwestryder »