Author Topic: Wife of Big Pun Blasts Fat Joe in New Interview  (Read 392 times)

Elano

Wife of Big Pun Blasts Fat Joe in New Interview
« on: September 29, 2008, 06:26:46 AM »
Liza Rios, the wife of late rapper Big Pun recently sounded off on a number of industry issues in an interview with Forbez DVD, including Fat Joe and Pun's finances.
One issue Rios has with those close to Pun is the lack of effort to keep his memory alive. She likens the situation to people close to 2Pac and the Notorious B.I.G. since their deaths in the 90's.
“Like Puffy was in a position with Biggie, to keep his memory alive… the people that was in that position to do it with Pun should’ve did it," she says of the lack of attention Pun has received since his death.
The first deal [Pun] got was a $275,000 deal. Any payments were split with [Fat] Joe. There was a point where [Joe] was asking for his royalties.
Rios says her lawyers haven’t been as aggressive as she feels they should be in contacting Fat Joe, and according to her, all of Pun’s royalty money goes through him first.
“It’s been ten years,” she says. “It’s been recouped.”
Rios also says that her finances have been stretched between taking care of her children and maintaining household expenses. She denies the allegations that she’s blown much of her late husband’s money on material things.
“I do what I gotta do,” she says on how she gets by since Pun’s passing. “I’m going back to school, that’s gonna be good. My whole point is that I’m not asking anybody for anything.
“I don’t want Joe to take care of me, I just want what’s due to Pun.”
Rios also believes that Fat Joe is purposely keeping Pun's memory in the background, in hopes that the late emcee will be forgotten. She also levies the allegation that Fat Joe owes much of his current success to Pun.
“Pun had mad love for [Joe] and put him on the map, wrote all his shit. Every song that Joe’s on, Pun wrote everything. He was the creative force behind Terror Squad. Everybody write’s [Joe’s] shit.

“If he was alive, none of this would be going on.”
While Rios lays much of the blame on Fat Joe, she also says that Pun shares some of the blame for not being up on the business aspect of his deal.
“Hell yeah, he should’ve been smarter.”
Rios also revealed that she’s trying to set up a foundation in Pun’s name, possibly focusing on addressing the issue of obesity in the Hip Hop community.

Inland_Bound

• Lil Geezy
Re: Wife of Big Pun Blasts Fat Joe in New Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:20:45 AM »
Damn, that's some real talk. I've always wondered the same...when Pun was alive, he was putting Joe on, now that he's gone, can he at least get a mention from dude?! Everybody is always giving it up to they fallen dead ones, but in this case, I never heard "Joey" give it up to nobody but himself. No mentions of his brother whatsoever. What the fuck is up with that?? All I know was, when Pun was out, it was all about him, he was the one making all the hits, nobody even really gave a shit about Joe

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:07:39 AM »
fuck Fat joe

pun althought i wasent much into his music when he was alive i can reconise now hes dope!

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »
Surprising.  I didn't know she cared that much.  Especially when Pun was alive, he'd beat the shit outta her a lot. 

thisoneguy360

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »
Isn't there a video of him pistol whipping that chick?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 12:27:10 AM »
Yes.  It's on his DVD they put out.

Inland_Bound

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 09:03:34 PM »
Isn't there a video of him pistol whipping that chick?

Whoaaa, that's crazy. Why'd he do that?

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 09:28:23 PM »
Pun didn't die a violent death like the circumstances and conspiracies that follow pac and big's unsolved murder cases... from what i understand he died from health probs... and Pun's impacked on the industry was not as big as pac or big i would say..so that could be why it's hard to keep up his legacy... not enuff interest from the masses basically

Fat Joe could make an effort to change this though no doubt he has enough power and influnce in the comunity to do so
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:29:56 PM by .:TimeLock:. »

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 09:36:58 PM »

That's disgusting.  Big Pun was a bum

DIP DIP SET SET

ABN

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 04:28:14 AM »
Fat Joe took care of her and the kids before she put out that dvd. he thought that it was uncalled for to put that shit in it since he had already passed away so he stopped taking care of them after that. and if it wasn´t for Joe, Pun´s wife wouldn´t have had anything since he´s the person that put Pun on and got him his deal. and Joe bugged out even more when she tried to auction off Pun´s TS chain coz he thought that was disrespectful aswell. i dunno what to think of this whole mess, dunno why she´s complaining about Joe though since he´s a businessman and if it was a legal way for her to get some money best believe she would´ve gotten it by now. her husband might´ve signed a fucked up contract but don´t blame Joe for that..

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 09:17:38 AM »

That's disgusting.  Big Pun was a bum

It was Puns wife that put the video out, i think

herpes

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »
big pun before he was fat

Kool Beenz

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 03:16:03 PM »
is his wife a whale too?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 06:29:27 PM »
LMFAO.....damn joe was suge knightin' dat nigga. that's fucked up. i tried to find that documentary on youtube again. that shit is crazy.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BIG D O

• 'G'
  • Spreadin' That Good Music....
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 11:21:35 AM »
actually saw the video of this....

I agree with a lot of what she said but my major problems were this:

she tried at one moment to make it seem like she just wanted this money so that the legacy of Pun could be upheld----Pun's legacy is intact and was pretty upstanding until you put out a DVD with that nigga pistol whipping you in the head....if hi legacy is in any danger, it is so because of you....and I really don't know what she expects man....the nature of the bussiness is cut throat....ain't no one gonna give you shit....Joe has given her money time and again, she just squanders it....

Up here saying shit like "I can'[t maintain the lifestyle the kids are used to", well no shit....your husband no longer makes hundreds of thousands of dollars....them kids are gonna have to fall back a bit on what they expect...I know it sucks going from Nike to used shit, but hey, that is life sometimes....

hopefullyu Liza will re-coup a lil' bit of money...I do have some sympathy toward her, she does have 3 kids man...that can be really tough on your own...

Out Now!!

Download for free here:
www.myspace.com/d_o_beatz

CHECK THE ILLEST BLOG ON THE NET:
www.purehip-hop.blogspot.com