Author Topic: 08 a good yr....  (Read 181 times)

eRick!

• Lil Geezy
08 a good yr....
« on: October 06, 2008, 08:58:58 AM »
I think 08 so far has been a pretty good year for west coast hip hop..I'm going to list the rappers who have been grindin this year and gettin some type of recognition for it from the mainstream.

Game-Lax was dope and my life is gettin a lot of radio play nd video is on mtv and bet a lot

Glasses Malone-certified got him known and now haters is doing pretty good..videos on mtv and bet as well.

Murs-one of my personal favorite artist ever..dude is creative w/ his shit and diffrent then other rappers...He's been getting crazy promotion on .MTV which is as big as it gets when it comes to music..Murs for president is a dope album but Murs 316 nd murrays revenge are above this those are 2 classic albums imo.

Tyga-not a fan of dude but he did gettin a lot of promo thru MTV and is fukin w/ wayne nd Travis from GCH.

U-N-I-they have there video on mtv "beautiful day" and have been gettin sum recognition lately...I remember I saw them perform w/ murs a year and a half ago at the dunkXchange in fullerton...it was a very dope little concert only about 200 heads there cuz it was a small place (club incahoots)I dunno if I spelled it rite but close enuff lol...that was before they were really known even murs wasent really known to a lot of people b4 mtv..he's dope tho he wus just chillin wasent even scheduled to perform but he did neways.

And a lot of other artist came w quality material..jay rock/bishop lamont/C san/clyde carson/ya boy/problem etc.

coast2coast

• 'G'
Re: 08 a good yr....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:49:12 AM »
crooked i's hip hop weekly was also big in 08

"i roc hoes while u roc fellas"

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:54:52 AM »
Good year, and Raw Footage hasn't been even mentioned yet in this thread.

Flava In Ya Ear

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »

In total, not just the west, hiphop was def better this year than last year but none of the albums that dropped from a single artist was mindblowing or anything. Alot of albums failed to meet the fans expectations. Maybe the fans are expecting too much i unno but still.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 12:07:24 PM »

In total, not just the west, hiphop was def better this year than last year but none of the albums that dropped from a single artist was mindblowing or anything. Alot of albums failed to meet the fans expectations. Maybe the fans are expecting too much i unno but still.

Yeah, fan expectations are too high I think. We've all turned into armchair A&R's and forgotten how to enjoy the music sometimes. We've also turned into music critics like we're being paid for it.

Flava In Ya Ear

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »

Yeah, fan expectations are too high I think. We've all turned into armchair A&R's and forgotten how to enjoy the music sometimes. We've also turned into music critics like we're being paid for it.

exactly homie, i agree.