Author Topic: Should I buy a PS3? Or an XBox 360?  (Read 1655 times)

Rugged Monk

Re: Should I buy a PS3? Or an XBox 360?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 11:00:20 PM »
^yeah ps3's blu rays bot 50gb of memory on em whereas xbox's 'only' 30Gb, means ps3 games are capable of way more shit....

I gots my mind made up.

Matty

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
i think the disc capacity is overhyped most games dont need more than a dual layered dvd, but its still a nice advantage. your looking at around 8.5gb for a dual layered dvd whereas blu-ray discs are about 25 gig single layered and 50gb double ;0

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 10:36:54 AM »
if you got enough money get the PS3

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2008, 03:09:17 PM »
ps3 can't play most of the old school games.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Raphael

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 06:29:15 AM »
you mean the 40 and the 80 gb? the 60 gb can play almost all of the old ps1 and ps2 games.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 12:32:08 PM »
you mean the 40 and the 80 gb? the 60 gb can play almost all of the old ps1 and ps2 games.
yeah, but they don't make 60 gigs no more..and plus, 60 gigs can play ALMOST all of the olds...but not all..
I still think ps2 is the best when it comes to playing old games.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 01:46:57 AM »
33% failure rate on xbox 360

My PS3 had the 'yellow light of death', but lucky for me, I purchased an extended warranty and got a brand new 60gb the following week.

It's comes down to personal choice. I'm quite fond of the PS3, the interface is great, you can store music, photos and movies (no need to burn dvd's, just transfer the avi's straight to your PS3). My only gripe is the lack of a chatroom or some kinda place to meet others on the network.

If you're still playing your slimline...............mate, you're living in the past..............UPGRADE FFS!! lol.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2008, 04:58:22 AM »

Who gives a shit? Nobody buys a ps3 so they can play ps1 and ps2 games.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 05:10:27 AM »
Ive had my PS3 for just about a year exactly, and I'm already on my 3rd, but it was my fault my first 2 crashed as i game way too much and it kept overheating although it was in a relatively open area, since I've moved it though its been fine (Sony customer service is amazing by the way, you get a replacement within 5 days max).

Everyone says that Xbox online is so much greater than PSN, but i know alot of people who own both consoles and they all say that there's no major difference, not a difference which is worth paying £40 a year for. PS3s online service has been fine for me and ive been playing COD4 online for practically a year, with Home (PS3s equivalent to Xbox Live) finally comming out the service will get better.

Xbox definitely has better games at the moment but thats mainly because its taken companies a while to get use to the PS3s infrastructure which makes it harder to create a game on than the 360, hence the reason why MOST games on PS3 are 360 ports, but alot of companies have spoken recently about finally being able to produce games on the PS3 with less problems, and the PS3s starting to be used as the main console for future games. Xbox has been getting alot of Sony exclusives turned into multiplatform games but thats only because Microsoft throws cash around for fun. But the PS3 still has some great exclusives: MGS4, Uncharted (Amazing Graphics), Resistance 2, LBP and of course Killzone 2 which has had a release window of Feb 09 for a long time but its finally starting to come out, with talk of a Beta being released, more info coming out.

The PS3 has more to it with Internet, Blu-Ray (which has practically won the war with HD) etc, but if you want a console only for gaming then get a 360 because as of rite now it has a better range of games.

Raphael

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 06:48:13 AM »

exactly if you wanna be ultra old school than play them on your old console :laugh:

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 12:00:53 PM »
I have had my PS3 for 9 months and have not had a single problem but one of my big regrets is I didn't purchase the extended warranty, man I hope that doesn't come back to fuck me

DIP DIP SET SET

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 12:07:44 PM »

exactly if you wanna be ultra old school than play them on your old console :laugh:
well..if the old shit breaks...what then? :)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 08:36:46 PM »

Then quit being a fuckhead and start playing ps3 games like everybody else.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »

You need to quit ya fuckin' yappin. I'm just saying there are people still down with old games. dick head.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 02:52:40 AM »

You need to quit ya fuckin' yappin. I'm just saying there are people still down with old games. dick head.

lol sorry I didn't know you were sensitive...take it easy buddy