Author Topic: Should I buy a PS3? Or an XBox 360?  (Read 1654 times)

Rugged Monk

Should I buy a PS3? Or an XBox 360?
« on: October 08, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »
I like the look and feel of the PS3 and its controller and the graphics look great,

BUT the Xbox360 is cheaper (even though it looks kinda weird and the graphics not as good they say or just the same?)

Is the Ps3 worth the extra $250 or so?

Whatchall think......

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Should I buy a PS3? Or an XBox 360?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »
Well, you get an Blu Ray player with the PS3, and I guess that's the future.

I currently got a 360, but I don't play that much.

kemizt

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »
I like the look and feel of the PS3 and its controller and the graphics look great,

BUT the Xbox360 is cheaper (even though it looks kinda weird and the graphics not as good they say or just the same?)

Is the Ps3 worth the extra $250 or so?

Whatchall think......

i was surprised at the price of the 360 aswell.

But my buddy was saying that the reason the 360 is cheaper cuz it doesnt include the hardrive or someshit. (which means you cant save memory to the system without one)

SO once you buy the hardrive additionally, itll be around the same price as the ps3. But the ps3 is better anyways. So buy the ps3

everlast1986

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:54:12 PM »
PS3 is great but it doesn't have as much quality games as XBox 360 has yet. If you're into blu-ray i guess it might be worth getting one but i might wait for the price to drop again so its more worth my money.

Rugged Monk

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 07:19:10 PM »
Thanx for the advice yall!!!!!

The Ps3s selling now got 80gb of hardrive!!! Why would it need that much!!!???? :o

Are the graphics better on ps3? They look a little better, are they really or are my eyes just playing tricks on me?

I just wanna play Call of Duty 4 and Fallout 3, maybe that new Metal Gear too...

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »
if you have a HDTV or you are getting one in the future then definitely get the PS3

DIP DIP SET SET

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 08:39:09 PM »
Games that comes out on both systems have equal graphics, sometimes a little bit better on the 360 (assassin's creed, gtaIV, devil may cry, etc). All the prices for all the 360s models went down last month. You can get a 60 gb premium model for 299$. I paid 399$ one year ago for my 20gb model. The game catalog is 3 to 4 times bigger on the 360. You also get add ons for multi systems games (gta IV and tomb raider to name those twos).HD is not and argument both systems are equiped with componant and hdmi connections so you can play games in 1080p. And if you want to know, hdmi is just a gimick, it's true that the image is a little better, but the sounds is the best on a componant connection. The only advantage the ps3 got on the 360 to me is the free multiplayer ( but it's arguable since the xbox live is far better) and the incorporated wi-fi (if you need it). If you have a good internet connection you can rent movies on the live network for 3-4 $ in HD format so the blue-ray will soon be an argument of the past. There's already rumors of the future ps4, i think sony will give it up on this generation and come back with a similar system with inovations like they did for the wii which is basically a gamecube with a cool controller.

Also chose the system with the games you like the most. For me it's shooters and racing simulation, and personnaly nothing get close to gears of war 2 and the forza serie.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 08:41:32 PM by Waassup Bitch »

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 11:01:16 PM »
the only reason i bought a 360 (halo 3 edition 20 gig hard drive, $400+ but i'm sure the price of a regular xbox with 20 gigs of hard drive is way cheaper) was for Halo 3 but i'm really glad i bought it. it's totally worth it and even though the ps3 has better graphics and blu ray, the xbox 360 has far better games. (halo, gears of war 2, etc etc) along with better graphics and blu ray, the ps3 offers free online gaming, but i think that's the only thing that separates both systems but at 50 dollars for a year of xbox live, it's totally worth it just for the marketplace on xbox

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 04:18:44 AM »
i have both. and the only thing i would say

graphics: ps3 > xbox360
online play: xbox360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ... >>>>>>>>> ps3
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Raphael

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 08:42:46 AM »
Games that comes out on both systems have equal graphics, sometimes a little bit better on the 360 (assassin's creed, gtaIV, devil may cry, etc). All the prices for all the 360s models went down last month. You can get a 60 gb premium model for 299$. I paid 399$ one year ago for my 20gb model. The game catalog is 3 to 4 times bigger on the 360. You also get add ons for multi systems games (gta IV and tomb raider to name those twos).HD is not and argument both systems are equiped with componant and hdmi connections so you can play games in 1080p. And if you want to know, hdmi is just a gimick, it's true that the image is a little better, but the sounds is the best on a componant connection. The only advantage the ps3 got on the 360 to me is the free multiplayer ( but it's arguable since the xbox live is far better) and the incorporated wi-fi (if you need it). If you have a good internet connection you can rent movies on the live network for 3-4 $ in HD format so the blue-ray will soon be an argument of the past. There's already rumors of the future ps4, i think sony will give it up on this generation and come back with a similar system with inovations like they did for the wii which is basically a gamecube with a cool controller.

Also chose the system with the games you like the most. For me it's shooters and racing simulation, and personnaly nothing get close to gears of war 2 and the forza serie.
I'm beginning to think you work for Microsoft lol.

But anyway it depends on your own taste, the xbox has many sci-fi/fantasy and fps games while the ps3 has many action/adventures games.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 09:22:17 AM »
Beside drake's fortune what game got better graphics than gears of war on the ps3? it's not true that the ps3 has better graphics, in fact the 360 graphic card got twice the memory of ps3's one

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 09:24:20 AM »

I'm beginning to think you work for Microsoft lol.

But anyway it depends on your own taste, the xbox has many sci-fi/fantasy and fps games while the ps3 has many action/adventures games.

was a big fan of the ps2 because of the games, but seeing the ps3 being more a multimedia plateform than a gaming system really turned me off. In my head it was clear that i'd buy the ps3 in the beginning i couldn't wait for gran tourismo 5. The game is always getting delayed, same thing for killzone 2

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 03:18:45 PM »
i have both. and the only thing i would say

graphics: ps3 > xbox360
online play: xbox360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ... >>>>>>>>> ps3

Fun and joke aside the graphics are basically identical, don't come off about PS3 is better graphically, there's been numerous comparisons of games for both consoles (Sport ones like NBA and so on) and it's practically the same. Another prime example, COD4, they're the same. If one game looks better on one console against the other it's purely because the creators felt they had to give a little difference or more shadowing or some dogfart like that.

It all depends on how far a developer / programmer takes the level of graphics for that particular game.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Rugged Monk

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 06:53:51 PM »
Thanx everybody for the ad-vice!!!

I'm leaning toward the PS3 now, here my reasons (call me out on any if you wish, it will help me decide):

-you can store all sorts of files on the PS3 like downloaded movies and pictures, whereas I don't think you can on the Xbox360....you can only store stuff you've downloaded from xbox/microsoft sources and paid for.

-im a fan of old ps2 titles like Tenchu, resident evil and Hitman, so its cool I can still play them on the ps3

-the graphics are the same on most games, but I was looking at Metal Gear Solid 4 and final fantasy sumthing, the graphics look nuts, better than xbox...but I guess thats because they are exclusive titles...So word:
It all depends on how far a developer / programmer takes the level of graphics for that particular game.

-blu-ray dosn't mean a thing to me tho..although it does look cool especially in 'real time'.

-i guess ive just gotten used to the ps controller...

-i think i like the look of the ps3 better...

-you gotta pay to play xbox360 online, that turns me off, because im already paying the internet bill on top of that....

Otherwise I guess it isnt much of a difference in performance and so it comes down to more a personal preference thing: not that one is better than the other.

Matty

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 06:58:30 PM »
im completely neutral in this xbox vs ps3 thing and i would say the xbox is still a better option for a gamer but it does depend on the titles you want to play. ps3 is starting to get some good stuff and catch up though...