Author Topic: Why Hockey Rules...  (Read 322 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Re: Why Hockey Rules...
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 01:16:40 PM »
sorry man  but the empty seats i could see in the wing's arena at the opening and during the last playoffs didn't change my opinion on your favor. It's called hockey town usa, hard to believe

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 09:28:47 PM »
sorry man  but the empty seats i could see in the wing's arena at the opening and during the last playoffs didn't change my opinion on your favor. It's called hockey town usa, hard to believe

SO what are you trying to argue buddy? Last year was the first time in a long time that the Red Wings didn't sellout games. You don't think NHL not having a MAJOR TV deal with ESPN doesn't have an effect on that shit?

Anywayz...they should call Minnesota  Hockey Town USA now.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 09:53:18 PM »

Damn right. 8 years of sellout games and counting! Even high school hockey tourneys sellout here.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 05:35:20 AM »

Damn right. 8 years of sellout games and counting! Even high school hockey tourneys sellout here.

yea man thats crazy...they love it there hockey a lot. Great to see  8)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
As long as the NHL stays alive and great players keep coming into the league, I don't mind that hockey isn't as popular as it should be. It's a tougher sport to hop on the bandwagon with because you have to pay attention to what's going on, so you get less jackasses chiming in just because the local team has success. Hockey is one of the best live sports to witness, always a great time.
I got a bird's eye view

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 05:59:38 PM »
I think the reason it fell from the spotlight, aside from the ESPN thing, is because there are significantly less fights than there used to be. You didn't need to be able to follow the puck when the enforcers were exchanging blows every 5 minutes.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 04:07:22 AM »
They're probably called hockeytown cause they have the most stanley cup titles in america.  And Detroit is a poor neighborhood, & red wing tickets probably cost too much.  Sadly I heard that Detroit doesn't appreciate the wings :(  They'd rather support the sorry ass Lions who don't care about winning.  And the Tigers who have terrible uniforms.  And also baseball has been a dead issue for years.  Fans fill new tiger stadium only when they're winning. 

And you mention about the other stuff getting more attention than the nhl.  The american media now, especially in sports are prejudiced against foreigners.  They hate anyone & anything that isn't american dominated >:(  NHL is mainly foreigners in it.  Funny how the same media hated on John Rocker for not being fond of foreigners, they now more prejudiced against foreigners than Rocker.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »
TOR @ EDM (6PM PT)

It's goin down tonight 8)

LETS GO OILERS!!!

OchoCinco

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 06:17:55 PM »
i dont watch much hockey but jarome is the only real player in the nhl...is a superstar and aint afraid to drop the gloves.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 06:21:49 PM »
Luongo>Iginla

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 06:28:58 PM »
Luongo>Iginla

HAHAHAHA.....no

and how can you compare a goalie to a forward?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:36:46 PM by ANIKI »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 07:17:07 PM »
i dont watch much hockey but jarome is the only real player in the nhl...is a superstar and aint afraid to drop the gloves.
The superstars aren't supposed to fight actually.  That's what the goons/enforcers are there for.  Think of them as bodyguards :)  I wish that Iginla can be traded out of Calgary.  Cause he won't win with the Flames & the Flames deserved 2 be 4ever cursed cause they hired Dyke Keenan.  Keenan should be the one that's blackballed from the league.  But you know there's always gotta be a dumbass out there who don't get the message.  He should not be allowed to coach in the NHL again for how he does things.  Hating on rookies, trading everybody.  I know there are Blues fans who will feel the same way. 

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 07:43:16 PM »
Luongo>Iginla

HAHAHAHA.....no

and how can you compare a goalie to a forward?

LMAO @ your idiocracy

NHL GMS TAKE PART IN THIRD ANNUAL POLL FOR TSN

If you could pick one player to build your team around for the next five years, who would it be?  A sniper like Alexander Ovechkin?  A playmaker like Sidney Crosby?  Maybe a stalwart goaltender such as Roberto Luongo?

It's a tough choice, and it's one that TSN asked NHL general managers to make as part of a poll conducted for the NHL on TSN Season Preview Show, which aired Wednesday.

Twenty-eight GMs took part in the third annual poll for TSN, and the franchise player most coveted was Crosby, with 98 points in a 5-3-1 weighted system. Crosby was the top choice on 15 ballots.

Ovechkin topped Luongo 66 to 38 in terms of voting points, but its worth noting that Canucks captain had more first place votes (7) than the Russian gunner (5).

Others getting votes were Dion Phaneuf (21 points), Henrik Zetterberg (12), Carey Price (4), Zdeno Chara (3), Eric Staal (3), Ryan Getzlaf (1), top prospect Viktor Hedman (1), Evgeni Malkin (1), Ryan Miller (1), Jonathan Toews (1) and Shea Weber (1).

All 30 Nhl GM's Voted on who they think is the best franchise player. Luongo came third behind Ovie and Sid the kid with 38 votes, while Iggy was not voted for once. Although Phaneuf got 21 votes.

All 30 Nhl GM knowledge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your opinion
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:44:50 PM by ωεεźγ ғ »

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 08:18:48 PM »
well u weren't really specific in ur first post. i assumed u were talking about which is the better player, which isn't comparable..sorry for not knowing you were talking about a Fantasy Draft! lol

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 02:25:03 AM »
well u weren't really specific in ur first post. i assumed u were talking about which is the better player, which isn't comparable..sorry for not knowing you were talking about a Fantasy Draft! lol

LOL the tsn annual GM poll is not a Fantasy Draft LMAO. But either way fantasy draft or not the common sense around the league = Luongo>Iginla but this thread is going lengths to prove to me even more that common sense is not that common.
Luongo is far more valuable to a team than Iginla therefore Luongo>Iginla, i assume that next your going to ask me to compare these to players in baby language, which unfortunately for you i evolved out of.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 02:27:27 AM by ωεεźγ ғ »