Author Topic: TUPAC…NEW ALBUM?  (Read 981 times)

woof

TUPAC…NEW ALBUM?
« on: October 14, 2008, 05:39:59 AM »
AHH.COM

With Lil Wayne putting in all this work, I think Tupac might have caught feelings. I hope that doesn’t offend anybody. But rumor has it, Tupac will come out with a new album in 2009 called “The Lost Scriptures.” That title might change. I’m not sure. Anyway, I heard these are never-before-heard songs. I also heard the songs will not be altered or remixed so all the purists out there should be pleased. The late Johnny J railed against the remixes and the new spin put on Pac. There is a lot of legal rumors about who is actually putting this out, but it appears that the new owners of the Death Row catalogue will be doing that.

Kilo2

Re: TUPAC…NEW ALBUM?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 06:09:51 AM »
AHH.COM

With Lil Wayne putting in all this work, I think Tupac might have caught feelings. I hope that doesn’t offend anybody. But rumor has it, Tupac will come out with a new album in 2009 called “The Lost Scriptures.” That title might change. I’m not sure. Anyway, I heard these are never-before-heard songs. I also heard the songs will not be altered or remixed so all the purists out there should be pleased. The late Johnny J railed against the remixes and the new spin put on Pac. There is a lot of legal rumors about who is actually putting this out, but it appears that the new owners of the Death Row catalogue will be doing that.

The title isn't correct. That's like the same title Death Row tried using in 2000 to release a unheard 2Pac album.

Lee3162010

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:29:04 AM »
I think everyone would be happy to see an unaltered collection of unreleased Tupac songs released.

I know the unreleased material will run out eventually, and I've got a couple of ideas for things that I'd like to see after that material does run out. Firstly, I'd like to see an album of tracks that are put out closer to their original format - advertised as a remix album or something. Secondly, I think they should put out an album of rare tracks like Pain and songs he re-wrote for the radio, like How Do U Want It, I Ain't Mad At Cha, etc.

I doubt either project would ever happen. I'm just thinking out loud.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:49:15 AM »
I'm ready for another 2pac album too.  Amaru had been pretty good about releasing one 2pac project a year, whether it be an album, or the "Rose The Grew From The Concrete" volumes, or the movie.  But there was nothing this year. 

I always figured Afeni would release everything she had in remixed form.  Then once that ran out, re-release everything unaltered in OG format.  So, in essence, she'd double the amount of unreleased songs she had to work with, thus, extending 2pac's legacy.  I still think someday it might happen, will it be in our lifetime, who knows?

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 09:28:32 AM »
i been bumpin pac for awhile now i watched tupac ressurection AGAIN yesterday i never get tired of it.

D Breezy

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »
like 20 2pac tracks were supposed to be included with the dr deal, but the people that bought it couldnt pay last i heard. im not sure if anyone else put a bid in for the company but i dont think anyone ownes it right now.
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

Kilo2

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:30:13 PM »
like 20 2pac tracks were supposed to be included with the dr deal, but the people that bought it couldnt pay last i heard. im not sure if anyone else put a bid in for the company but i dont think anyone ownes it right now.

Global owns it and Global paid despite what various Suge puppets might say. By the way, you remember 50 Sacc right? Lol. It's that bonus track of on the Revenge Retaliation Get Back cassette. ;)

chunkc85

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Tha Buziness
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 01:50:45 PM »
They played a interview from 2007 with johnny J on the wake up show this past Sunday and he said he had about 30 unreleased tracks by pac now I'm not sure if those had ever been released or not but he made it clear that at the time(2007) nobody had heard em and he said their were full 3 verse songs with chorus and all.

Here's the video from the wake up show website

http://ursession.com/wakeupshow#5299
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 02:17:21 PM by chunkc85 »

MakaveliThaDon1996

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 03:05:11 PM »
Most of the songs in this deal are already leaked or other people have them.

They want to name the album The Lost Scriptures because Pac wanted his album after 7DT to be called The Lost Scriptures, and it was going to be the first Pac album on Makaveli/Death Row.

GMG might own those 20 Pac songs and intros, but they can't do shit without Afeni's permission.

Kilo2

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »
Most of the songs in this deal are already leaked or other people have them.

They want to name the album The Lost Scriptures because Pac wanted his album after 7DT to be called The Lost Scriptures, and it was going to be the first Pac album on Makaveli/Death Row.

GMG might own those 20 Pac songs and intros, but they can't do shit without Afeni's permission.

You are wrong about the last part. It's with Evergreen's permission.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 03:57:57 PM »
I really hope it comes out in it's original form.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »
Nah man no more pac albums expecially not like the last one

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Schreibs21

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »
GMG does not own the Death Row catalog (and I'm about 99% sure they never will), they failed to pay up so the Trustee's cancelled their bid and in turn are suing GMG for fraudulent bidding (not paying up). There is another hearing scheduled for November and the way it's looking (and what the trustee's want to do) is that Death Row will go back up on the auction block, all of this can be read in the legal court documents.

Kilo2

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
GMG does not own the Death Row catalog (and I'm about 99% sure they never will), they failed to pay up so the Trustee's cancelled their bid and in turn are suing GMG for fraudulent bidding (not paying up). There is another hearing scheduled for November and the way it's looking (and what the trustee's want to do) is that Death Row will go back up on the auction block, all of this can be read in the legal court documents.

Actually they paid up due to the Mediatechnics deal. I hope you do attend the party in Mobile, Alabama.

Schreibs21

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »

Actually they paid up due to the Mediatechnics deal. I hope you do attend the party in Mobile, Alabama.

I'm not going to argue with you but, they can't pay up when the bid has been cancelled and they're being sued by the trustee's, on top of that there would be court documents saying they paid up, but there hasn't been anything, as much as you'd like to believe that they have the simple fact is that they haven't, can't and won't.

A little side note about mediatechnics, their gross monthly earnings is $8,000 and change, no company in the world could afford $24 million on that.