Author Topic: Trevor Ariza should be in this years dunk contest.  (Read 546 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Trevor Ariza should be in this years dunk contest.
« on: October 19, 2008, 02:31:34 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aE6JIjdO5ZQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aE6JIjdO5ZQ</a>

he stay posterizing muthafuckaz.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Trevor Ariza should be in this years dunk contest.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:44:41 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R-TbWNDmJsA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R-TbWNDmJsA</a>

:o

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:53:38 PM »
dudes got some serious ups...the first one you posted, he took off outside the key and dunked on buddy which is really hard to do.  Vince Carter used to do that shit all the time back in the day.  It would be good to see Ariza in the DC this year for sure.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »
For real, dude's definitely young enough to do it too..

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 10:52:04 PM »
Hmmm...I don't know. He doesn't really seem like a dunk contestant type of dude. He's more of a great in-game dunker.

On a somewhat separate issue, I'm extremely disappointed Lebron was never in the dunk contest. You'd think a guy who's entire offensive game is based around dunking would be thrilled to atleast participate in the dunk contest once.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 10:56:40 PM »
Hmmm...I don't know. He doesn't really seem like a dunk contestant type of dude. He's more of a great in-game dunker.

On a somewhat separate issue, I'm extremely disappointed Lebron was never in the dunk contest. You'd think a guy who's entire offensive game is based around dunking would be thrilled to atleast participate in the dunk contest once.

what a joke

DIP DIP SET SET

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 07:36:26 AM »

what a joke

Obviously dude can do more but his offense is definitely centered around driving to the hoop, he definitely should have done that shit atleast once.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 07:50:05 AM »
^He said from the beginning that he doesn't want to be remembered for his dunks. He doesn't want to be the next Vince, which is quite understandable. As for the topic, I think niggas are only allowed to participate during their first 2-3 years or some shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 10:38:10 AM »

what a joke

Fine, dunks AND free-throws. Happy now?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »

what a joke

bastard
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »

what a joke

LeBron doesn't make free-throws... ???

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 12:42:38 PM »

On one hand you say Ariza is more of an in-game dunker and on the other hand you say LeBron should be in the dunk contest...LOL. LeBron has one or two power dunks that he does over and over in games...Ariza's dunks>LeBron's dunks

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »
seems like the players think they are too good for that shit anymore. Ego's need to get checked and get some fun back into all-star weekend.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 08:32:26 PM »
seems like the players think they are too good for that shit anymore. Ego's need to get checked and get some fun back into all-star weekend.
It's not just that. A lot of superstars/veterans see a downside to being in the dunk contest. Imagine Kobe, LeBron, etc. competing and not winning. It would be embarrassing for them. Some where down the line, the dunk contest became a stage for younger guys and role players to get recognized. The vets don't want to risk it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 09:40:40 PM »
I can understand Kobe not doing a dunk contest.

1. He's already a dunk champion
2. The nigga just turned 30

But Lebron definitely should've done it, atleast for fun.