Author Topic: Quick Ludacris "Theater Of The Mind" review (Luda, Jay and Nas on 1 track)  (Read 399 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yesterday I got an email from Chaka Zulu's assistant granting my request to listen to Luda's new album, Theater Of The Mind. Anyone who checks in to SOHH Atlanta from time to time knows that I've been very expressive in my requests to listen to it. Check out my review on Chris' album below.

When the official album cover was released last week I instantly liked it. Right away I could see that it was art because anyone could look at it and walk away with a different perception-much like a feature film. SOHH it was great to hear that the cover art matched the actual art.

Theater Of The Mind, has to be Ludacris' best work since Chicken-n-Beer. Usually when a rapper takes that trip to "Hollywood" they don't fully return to the mic with the same enthusiasm and there projects almost always suffer as a result. But, after listening to the cuts on the project it's abundantly clear that Luda wasn't letting that happen with T.O.T.M

Chris teamed up with T-Pain, Lil' Wayne, Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Spike Lee, Chris Rock, Ving Rhames, T.I., Plies, Jaime Foxx, the Trackmasters, 9th Wonder, Don Cannon and DJ Premier on his musical project. But, the record that's going to have all the hip-hop heads gagging is the record that teams Ludacris up with Jay-Z and Nas.

That's right, SOHH Atlanta can exclusively reveal that the other "King Of The South" has just upped the ante by securing the creme de la creme of rap music. The song is called  "I Do It For Hip-Hop" and its F-I-Y-A-H! [Goose, drop a bomb on that!] Now you already know that if my hatin' ass co-signs a tune, then it's got to be ill.

It's easily the song of the year. OMG!

But it gets better because for anyone who thinks that Ludacirs isn't a real MC anymore, or that he's fallen off - needs to get this album. No matter what your hip-hop level is, Ludacris' got you.

T.O.T.M. truly has something on it for everybody. There's hard rap records like "MVP" and "I Do It For Hip-Hop". Then you got ya *cough* [you get that, right] records like "Southern Gangsta" and "Last of A Dying Breed".

The only song that I really couldn't fux with is his record with Plies. The song is called "Nasty Girl"  and when I heard: 'I knew this chick named Keisha', I turned my brain off. And Plies is horrible to me. I just dont like that hobbit! [No, seriously I think he's shorter then Weezy.] But I'm sure the ladies will go ape sh*t and seeing as though they made it for them anyway my opinion on it is moot.

All in all Ludacris and his DTP/Def Jam team put together a really tight album that will appease everyone. Though some of you may look at all the featured artists and form an uneducated opinion on this album, the project isn't overworked or overly produced. Ludacris is shutting all the haterz up with this one, present company included.

I guess Chris is proving that you can come from the streets and go to Hollywood...just make sure you take your mic with you. [Pre-Order Your Copy Here]

Big shoutout to Chaka Zulu for taking the time out his busy day to walk me through the project. And I also got to shoutout to Lauren for following up with a brutha.

I also got to give major luv to Ivory, Jamal and Ludacris for constantly hooking SOHH.com, up with the exclusives.

Talk to y'all lata,

--SOHH Gyant

Jome

OMG y'all, what a lameass writer, lolz, chill. Hugz and kizzes, no homo.  ::)

Sohh is so lame.. and these "Come review my album before it drops" sessions can never be trusted, the reviewers think they won't be invited to the next album listening session if they write a negative review..

'EclipZe

wtf they type like little 14 yr old boys who play online games 24/7

Lunatic

excited for this project..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

WOW at how the review was written, lmfao

I'll be checkin' for the album

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
looks like a 13 yr. old girl wrote that shit.

Matty

i like ludacris a lot but this looks like its gonna be yet another hit and miss lp from him. maybe better than the previous but not the classic he should be dropping given his status/access to producers and talent on the mic. swizz beatz? thats already 1 garbage track...even the overly enthusiastic reviewer wasn't feeling that one...

Retro

• Muthafuckin' OG
luda is cool. His albums sonsist of a few solid songs and the rest r garbage. Not expecting much. But that MVP and the song with Common sound nice.

West Coast Veteran

Ludacris is a clear example of wasted talent. He's one of the best MC's in the mainstream but his ability to make albums is doo-doo. He fills his albums with 20 guest appearances and 20 different producers that have different sounds. He's one of my favorite rappers (2000-present) but I only enjoyed Word Of Mouf out of his whole discography.

Lunatic

yup, luda has a shitty disco for such a good rapper
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: Quick Ludacris "Theater Of The Mind" review (Luda, Jay and Nas on 1 track)
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 12:22:25 AM »
someone post up the cover

westside159

Re: Quick Ludacris "Theater Of The Mind" review (Luda, Jay and Nas on 1 track)
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »
Man you WACK T.I FANS go some where else wit that bullshit . Luda is Dope and the album is gonna be fire a new Classic ... Besides the song with Plies - Nasty girls = weak ...   he should have never put that song on the album ...