Author Topic: Trade Rivers or P. Manning?  (Read 99 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Trade Rivers or P. Manning?
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:58:04 PM »
If you had both on your fantasy team, who would you trade? Right now Rivers leads the league in passing TDs and is slightly ahead in passing yards. Manning on the other hand has hit his stride in the second half of the season. Keeping Manning would be a no brainer to me because of the upswing, but I haven't been really following the Colts since they started out so terribly this season. Is there team healthy? Is there pass offense as dynamic as it traditionally has been?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:01:22 PM by Sir Ted de La Mancha »

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Trade Rivers or Manning?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 12:59:45 PM »
Rivers, because Eli's got the #1 running attack and Rivers needs to throw it more

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Trade Rivers or Manning?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 01:00:49 PM »
Rivers, because Eli's got the #1 running attack and Rivers needs to throw it more
Oops. Wrong Manning.

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Trade Rivers or P. Manning?
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 04:04:25 PM »
oh ok

start Peyton
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 07:41:49 PM »
i say start rivers, and trade manning for a really quality back or a WR like Boldin.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 08:20:59 PM »
The Colts O still isn't clicking. People are starting to jump on thier bandwagon again, but They aren't winning by blowing out opponents, we are winning with gritty, lucky situations. I have mad respect for Peyton, but with Marvin losing a major step, and the colts run game being an absolute nightmare STILL at this point in the season, I'd have a hard time trading Rivers. On the flip side of that, the colts have 0 chance of getting the bid in thier division, so they will be playing for a wild card, meaning they will likely be fighting all the way to the end for a spot, so you don't have to worry about them sitting him the last couple games.

Tough decision. I'd keep Manning, but I also was born and raised in Indiana, and am a major homer for the colts :)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 07:39:11 AM »
Both are having great individual years (Peyton looks bad by his standards but any QB on pace to hit 25TDs and 4000 would be happy). Rivers is doing better as of now but I think the Colts have an easier Pass D schedule. Either way, trade who ever can get you more because by years end I'd imagine both have similar numbers (but River may end up with a few more TDs, unless the Colts start running up the score on teams like Cinci).