Poll

which team is the most recognizable world wide?

Lakers
11 (64.7%)
Chicago bulls
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: most popular basketball franchise world wide?  (Read 1257 times)

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: most popular basketball franchise world wide?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 04:36:41 PM »
LOL...Ali, remember last night how everyone was acting like the Bulls are clearly more popular? what did I say, son?

Jordan is obviously the most popular athlete in the world...but ask some 60 year old man in Iran what sounds more familiar, the Bulls or the Lakers. the answer will 9 times out of 10 be the Lakers.

LOS ANGELES LAKERS, young'n...it's not just the most popular basketball team in the world, it's the most popular FRANCHISE in the world. LOL@James and Emad acting like they know something regarding this topic...PeACe
lol...I just read that part...wtf?r u serious dawg?lol...basketball isn't even the number 1 sport in the world...how can it have the most popular franchise?

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 04:36:51 PM »
It's between the Lakers and the Bulls. But i think the Lakers are more popular, cause Kobe's jersey is the most sold in Europe, in China, worldwide.. Back in the days people used to wear Jordan's jersey here, but now nobody gives a fuck about the Bulls no more, they just disappeared. If someone mentions them, it's just because of Jordan. The Lakers were the most popular team before Jordan, and they are the most popular team now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 04:39:34 PM »
LOL...Ali, remember last night how everyone was acting like the Bulls are clearly more popular? what did I say, son?

Jordan is obviously the most popular athlete in the world...but ask some 60 year old man in Iran what sounds more familiar, the Bulls or the Lakers. the answer will 9 times out of 10 be the Lakers.

LOS ANGELES LAKERS, young'n...it's not just the most popular basketball team in the world, it's the most popular FRANCHISE in the world. LOL@James and Emad acting like they know something regarding this topic...PeACe
lol...I just read that part...wtf?r u serious dawg?lol...basketball isn't even the number 1 sport in the world...how can it have the most popular franchise?

What sports team has a bigger name globally than the Lakers? Honestly? Don't give me some soccer club, I said GLOBALLY...no one out here can name even ONE soccer player from Manchester United.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »
Basketball is the ONLY sport who's followed all over the world, and people from all over the world knows Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaq..
NIK got a point.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 04:46:29 PM »

What sports team has a bigger name globally than the Lakers? Honestly? Don't give me some soccer club, I said GLOBALLY...no one out here can name even ONE soccer player from Manchester United.
lol...ever heard of david beckham?he was on man u,lol...just google the shit and c which sports team is the most recognizable... 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 04:51:40 PM »

lol...ever heard of david beckham?he was on man u,lol...just google the shit and c which sports team is the most recognizable... 8)

Beckham is the exception, but he's mostly known around here for his relationship with the Spice Girl as opposed to playing soccer. Dude is in tabloids way more than he is in sport magazines...and anyways, he's on the LA Galaxy LOL. Don't try telling me that the LA Galaxy have a bigger name than the Lakers...Honestly, homie, who gives a fuck about Manchester United where we live? Most people out here would probably think that's a city in England or some shit, LOL. You go to England and talk about the Lakers and everyone knows what's up...People wear Laker jerseys in every country. Who do you know wearing soccer jerseys out here, besides Mexicans who mow lawns?

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 04:53:54 PM »
Basketball is the ONLY sport who's followed all over the world, and people from all over the world knows Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaq..
NIK got a point.
IMO basketball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any other sport
but its not like that cud...
1 ) Football. 3.3-3.5 Billion Fans. (Europe, Africa, Asia, Americas,etc)
2 ) Cricket 2-3. Billion Fans. (India,U.K,Pakistan,Asia,Australia,etc)
3 ) Field Hockey. 2-2.2 Bilion Fans. (Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia)
4 ) Tennis. Around 1 Billion Fans. (Europe, Americas, Asia)
5 ) Volleyball Around 900 Million Fans. (Asia, Erope, Americas, Australia)
6 ) Table Tennis Around 900 Million Fans. (Asia, Europe, Africa, Americas)
7 ) Baseball Around 500 Million Fans. (U.S, Japan, Cuba, Dom rep)
8 ) Golf Around 400 Million Fans. (U.S, Canada, Europe)
9 ) Gridiron (american football) 390-410 Million Fans. (U.S mainly)
10 ) Basketball Not more than 400M Fans. (U.S, Canada mainly)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Q
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »
^we're talking about which name is more recognizable, not which sport has more fans...just because one product has more fans doesn't mean another product can't be more recognizable. Cam'ron has more fans than Soulja Boy, but does that mean he's more recognizable to the public? Lakers are a bigger name than any soccer team, believe that.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Q
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »
^we're talking about which name is more recognizable, not which sport has more fans...just because one product has more fans doesn't mean another product can't be more recognizable. Cam'ron has more fans than Soulja Boy, but does that mean he's more recognizable to the public? Lakers are a bigger name than any soccer team, believe that.
lol...i was replying to antonio's post...and "Most recognizabe" is tied together with "Most popular", "most watched", "most played" or "most revenue-generating."u can't say its the most recognizable without them being the most watched or most played...if they get played more...they're gonna get rocognized more...

based on the number and size of stadiums around the world, the number of people who wear soccer merchandise, number of people who are aware of soccer, and the number of leagues/tournaments worldwide (The WORLD CUP, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THE SOUTH AMERICAN CUP, THE AMERICAN CUP, THE ASIAN CUP, 70 English league teams, 40 Italian league teams, 40 Spanish league teams) football ranks at the top of the list regardless the definition of "most popular" or "most recognizable"...

don't u think the most popular sports franchise in the world would belong to the most popular sport?how can this not make sense to u?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 05:15:03 PM by Ali Tha Great »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 05:19:01 PM »
lol...i was replying to antonio's post...and "Most popular" could mean "most watched", "most played" or "most revenue-generating."

based on the number and size of stadiums around the world, the number of people who wear soccer merchandise, number of people who are aware of soccer, and the number of leagues/tournaments worldwide (The WORLD CUP, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THE SOUTH AMERICAN CUP, THE AMERICAN CUP, THE ASIAN CUP, 70 English league teams, 40 Italian league teams, 40 Spanish league teams) football ranks at the top of the list regardless the definition of "most popular" or "most recognizable"...

don't u think the most popular sports franchise in the world would belong to the most popular sport?how can this not make sense to u?

Once again, more people in the world will recognize a Laker jersey over a Manchester United jersey...more people in the world will recognize Kobe Bryant's name over any player on Manchester United. Cricket has far more fans than basketball. Cricket is STILL not a more recognizable sport...not by a long shot. How can this not make sense to you?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 05:23:34 PM »
and no, most popular based on fans and most popular based on recognition is not one in the same...think about it, people who dont give a fuck about sports and don't consider themselves a fan of either sport have a right to recognition too. LOL.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »
lol...i was replying to antonio's post...and "Most popular" could mean "most watched", "most played" or "most revenue-generating."

Once again, more people in the world will recognize a Laker jersey over a Manchester United jersey...more people in the world will recognize Kobe Bryant's name over any player on Manchester United. Cricket has far more fans than basketball. Cricket is STILL not a more recognizable sport...not by a long shot. How can this not make sense to you?
I've been to more countries in the middle east AND europe than u and i can tell u that anybody can recognize a man u jersey from a mile away in those regions...and the only reason they might recognize a laker jersey from a mile away would b the color giving it away...what ur saying only applies to the u.s.,not the whole world...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 05:27:15 PM »

I've been to more countries in the middle east AND europe than u and i can tell u that anybody can recognize a man u jersey from a mile away in those regions...and the only reason they might recognize a laker jersey from a mile away would b the color giving it away...what ur saying only applies to the u.s.,not the whole world...

i dunno any place that wouldn't recognize a Laker jersey...however, i do know of places that wouldnt recognize a Man U jersey. Lakers are a global symbol for basketball, ya feel me? also, who is more recognizable from Man U than Kobe Bryant?

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 05:27:50 PM »
and no, most popular based on fans and most popular based on recognition is not one in the same...think about it, people who dont give a fuck about sports and don't consider themselves a fan of either sport have a right to recognition too. LOL.
i didn't say there the same...i said they're tied together...if they have more fans=more recognition,thats common sense ...i didn't say they have to b a fan to know about the team...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 05:30:35 PM »
i didn't say there the same...i said they're tied together...if they have more fans=more recognition,thats common sense ...i didn't say they have to b a fan to know about the team...

you can recognize something without being a fan...don't you get that? all im saying is that it doesnt mean they're more recognizable because they have more fans, which is 100% true. you can't deny that, dawg...PeACe

if they have more fans=more recognition,thats common sense ...

=100% false. go read my Cam'ron/Soulja Boy analogy again so you can see where I'm comin from.