Author Topic: Looking For A New TV, Which Make Is The Best?  (Read 233 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Looking For A New TV, Which Make Is The Best?
« on: November 02, 2008, 06:13:04 PM »
I haven't purchased a television in 5 years so I'm looking for some advice on today televisions.
I'm thinking of a 40-50" LCD with HDTV.

I love JVC but I don't see many JVCs for what I'm looking for.  Which brands are the better ones and what do I stay clear of?

COMPTONRIDA1

Re: Looking For A New TV, Which Make Is The Best?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 08:52:04 PM »
I haven't purchased a television in 5 years so I'm looking for some advice on today televisions.

I love JVC but I don't see many JVCs for what I'm looking for.  Which brands are the better ones and what do I stay clear of?

sony..

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:56:02 PM »
samsung is the best right now

JAZ

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »
panasonic

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 03:27:01 PM »
I would get a plasma or lcd. I would stay away from dlp or any rear projector tv.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Jome

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 04:05:06 PM »
It depends on your price range, but Pioneer been making the best TV's the last couple of years.

The best TV in the world, no arguments allowed, seems to be Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090, it just launched. 50 inches, but it's hella expensive. Tests here, or here.
Reviews are siiiiick.  :o But prices start at $3500.. can get a 42 inch from $2500 though..

Alternatively the SONY BRAVIA series seems to kick some ass in reviews as well, not just quite up there with the Pioneer plasmas..

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 05:15:08 PM »
i like samsung, check c-net for reviews

OchoCinco

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 05:47:08 PM »
samsung

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 06:10:14 PM »
Price isn't much of a factor but I'm not spending $3500 in a television alone.  I'd like to spend less than $2k for a television and receiver/home theater.  I'll keep my eye out for Pioneers, Sonys and Samsungs. 
I'm thinking of getting it after Christmas but I'll start pricing and researching now.   

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »

sony..
hell naw..

samsung.. best in quality...  sony is expensive...mainly because of the name brand.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

samsung. look for 3 or more av slots and hdmi..
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

OchoCinco

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 07:01:21 PM »
Price isn't much of a factor but I'm not spending $3500 in a television alone.  I'd like to spend less than $2k for a television and receiver/home theater.  I'll keep my eye out for Pioneers, Sonys and Samsungs. 
I'm thinking of getting it after Christmas but I'll start pricing and researching now.   

do u live in the states..i dont know but in canada we have boxing day sale after xmas and you can get shit way cheaper especially tvs. i unno if you guys have that in the states but if your not in a hurry id definetly wait till then to get mad deals if your lookin to get a full home entertainment type of deal

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »
I have the Toshiba Regza 42' HDTV and it's a real solid TV, especially for the price, it also has 3 hdmi inputs also which is nice, I would say Samsung is the best though

DIP DIP SET SET

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 08:56:08 PM »
if you're going with an LCD.........Sony then Samsung.

if you're going with Plasma ........go Panasonic or Pioneer.

DLP is complete shit and should be avoided at all costs.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 08:57:06 PM »

do u live in the states..i dont know but in canada we have boxing day sale after xmas and you can get shit way cheaper especially tvs. i unno if you guys have that in the states but if your not in a hurry id definetly wait till then to get mad deals if your lookin to get a full home entertainment type of deal

same thing except it's not called Boxing Day.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09