Author Topic: Kids  (Read 657 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kids
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 02:06:59 PM »
casper is the same stoner guy in the next friday movie.

yep

he is actualy gone now.

GENERIK

• 'G'
  • THE DARK TRAIL
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »
casper is the same stoner guy in the next friday movie.

yep

he is actualy gone now.

dude you're right he did die, he commited suicide in a hotel room in las vegas and left 2 suicide notes...wonder what they said...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »
now that i think of it, this movie isn't really as realistic as they tried to make it... HIV is actually much harder to transmit than having sex once. they say that even if you fuck someone HIV positive bareback, the transmittal rate is less than 5%. :o

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
now that i think of it, this movie isn't really as realistic as they tried to make it... HIV is actually much harder to transmit than having sex once. they say that even if you fuck someone HIV positive bareback, the transmittal rate is less than 5%. :o

ya ive heard that too i dont know about the percentage exacly but i remember even seing that a nurse could stab her self with a needle and not catch it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »

I don't know about the science of aids (though I'm sure it has happened that a person got it by only doing it once somewhere in the world). The realism of the film wasn't the transmission of aids, it was the gritty shots mixed with the realistic dialogue. I wasn't in New York in 95, I was in Toronto, but the way those kids acted and talked was very similar to many kids I grew up with. Obviously most of my friends at 13 weren't sex crazed weed heads, but the ones I did know were very much like those kids. The really rang true to me.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 10:51:51 PM »

I don't know about the science of aids (though I'm sure it has happened that a person got it by only doing it once somewhere in the world). The realism of the film wasn't the transmission of aids, it was the gritty shots mixed with the realistic dialogue. I wasn't in New York in 95, I was in Toronto, but the way those kids acted and talked was very similar to many kids I grew up with. Obviously most of my friends at 13 weren't sex crazed weed heads, but the ones I did know were very much like those kids. The really rang true to me.

well i was 14 in Montreal and the sex was starting and the weed was def all over the place and the skateboard culture was big. The slang used was also very common which is why we related to this movie big time.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »

I feel ya to the fullest...it's realistic in that sense, but not in the way the story unfolds...PeACe