Author Topic: Talking about Andrew Bynum...  (Read 294 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Talking about Andrew Bynum...
« on: November 06, 2008, 01:29:29 AM »
9 points, 17 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 assists, 1 turnover against the Clippers.

Dude is back with the right mentality. He's grabbing rebounds, he's defending extremely well, and he's not asking the ball too much. If Bynum continues to play this way...........

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Talking about Andrew Bynum...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 01:44:31 AM »
Bynum is the shit...nobody can fuck with him. I also love his mentality- he brings forth whatever the team needs from him in order to win...dude could average at least 20 points a game on any other team, but he's still crashing the glass and blocking shots, despite the lack of touches. 8)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 02:22:01 AM »
Yeah, i'm not comparing them in terms of who's the best player (obviously Shaq in his prime was 10x better than Bynum now), but i remember Shaq was the opposite. He was a hell of a defender, but he just didn't want to defend, and teammates had to give him the ball in offence in almost every single possession in order for him to defend. Bynum - at the moment - is not like that. He's playing for the team, he's doing his dirty job on defence and he looks more mature and intelligent than Shaq.

PS Again: i'm not saying he's better than Shaq in his prime.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 02:25:09 AM »
he's definitely one of my favorite players right now, he's got a couple of loose screws that i think he needs tightening on, but that will come with time.

on a side note, this is a whack schedule the lakers are on, i know joel and stu touched on it but maaaan it still feels like preseason.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:37:48 AM »
Did they rob him of a basket? Joel Meyers said he had a double double after one of those put-back dunks. Then again...it was Joel Meyers that said it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 11:45:43 AM »
those 8 points per game are amazing too
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 12:01:55 PM »
Did they rob him of a basket? Joel Meyers said he had a double double after one of those put-back dunks. Then again...it was Joel Meyers that said it.
you don't like Joe ? I like the way he describes the action and his enthusiasm , of course he's not Chick and no expert but I don't understand why he gets criticized so much

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »
GREAT Defensive game by Drew today .. he's slowly back to his last season shape , obviously at 100% he's a BEAST on the boards, block AND Alter a lot of shots ...  man I can't wait to be November 21st and I got great tickets vs the Raptors aswell ( Section 119 Row A  :o)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 12:32:25 PM »
those 8 points per game are amazing too

do you get the point of this thread, or do you really smoke that much crack? Bynum's averaging 6 shot attempts per game and is STILL crashing the glass and showing up on defense...no way he'd average 6 attempts on ANY OTHER TEAM.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 12:33:46 PM »
you don't like Joe ? I like the way he describes the action and his enthusiasm , of course he's not Chick and no expert but I don't understand why he gets criticized so much

Joel Myers is a good commentator and he definitely knows his shit... try watching other commentators on NBA TV. :-X

wcsoldier

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 12:45:52 PM »

Joel Myers is a good commentator and he definitely knows his shit... try watching other commentators on NBA TV. :-X
Yep most of them are horrible (with a special mention to the Celtics and TrailBlazers who like bashing the Lakers , how professional is that ? )  even on National TV a lot are meh, I like Brown comments , the ex-Grizzlies coach a lot though

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »

Yep most of them are horrible (with a special mention to the Celtics and TrailBlazers who like bashing the Lakers , how professional is that ? )  even on National TV a lot are meh, I like Brown comments , the ex-Grizzlies coach a lot though

Mike Rice is the shit! lol But shit, what do you expect from rival teams' home announcers?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
^I expect class...us Laker fans grew up with Chick Hearn, so listening to Mike Rice is like bumpin Soulja Boy after just finishing up "The Chronic"...dude is as homer and unprofessional as it gets. when you're watching a game, it's nice to have partial announcers with respectable opinion, not over the top homers who start crying when their players get fouled.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 01:36:57 PM »
i hope bill walton comes back and does some work again, he's like the John Madden of the NBA.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 01:49:49 PM »

Nah. He's boring and his info is always wrong. Sometimes I wish I had a tivo just to comprise footage of all his silly mistakes.

But yes, he does look like God compared to the Celtics and Blazers home announcers.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"