Author Topic: If you want to open up for Jim Jones in OC get at me...  (Read 218 times)

MASHALOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
If you want to open up for Jim Jones in OC get at me...
« on: November 10, 2008, 11:42:10 AM »
hit me at my myspace at myspace.com/MASH714. If you have no paper don't even bother cuz my people are looking to make some bread. Business never personal.

MarshColin

Re: If you want to open up for Jim Jones in OC get at me...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »
No offense to you or your people but in my personal opinion I think paying to open for a big act is lame. You could get a decent act with a little buzz going to open and not have to pay them much at all or they would do it for free in some cases. Then you get their fanbase to the show as well. Most acts that are willing to pay aren't good enough to share that stage in the first place so it just makes your show look bad in the end. Again this is just my opinion, I can respect the hustle here but I don't think it's a good look to do that.

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 12:22:55 PM »
Most acts that are willing to pay aren't good enough to share that stage in the first place so it just makes your show look bad in the end.
This is exactly what's wrong with the concert business, along with acts selling tickets to everyone at their high school and getting a better slot than a pro band.. At most the club/promoter gives $1 a ticket, if that. You got some shitty group playing before the popular headliner, and people wonder why the local music scenes are dying. Who's gonna take a chance going to a club if they think it's gonna be a bunch of green retards slapping each other with hot mops for 40 minutes?

FUCK!!!

EDIT: Tell Jim Jones & his people to suck my dick!

Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »
wow. alot of crying in this bitch.

mash, i see you homie! let me know what's good with your release party  8)

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 03:08:55 PM »
wow. alot of crying in this bitch.

mash, i see you homie! let me know what's good with your release party  8)

I just calls them like I sees them.  I've lived it. No way can you think this is a positive look for the scene.

Maybe telling them to suck my dick is harsh, considering the disclamer in Mash's post. Nobody in their right mind should pay to play... It isn't going to get you further ahead. It just helps pay the promoter's car payment...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:12:39 PM by Allpaul »

MASHALOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 04:05:19 PM »
yeah I feel your point but.... this is what alot of people are already doing though. I didnt invent it. Im just a man with a plan and an oppurtunity. I'm just saying if this is what you do. And you want a good look performing in front of a crowd of people that have never heard of you. This is a good oppurtunity for exposure for you. And trust me balling ass nicca aint even tripping they just up the bread amd do what they do. They come thru and rock of crowd of folks who have probably never heard of them that they would never have an oppurtunity to be in from of again. And at the same time it's a chance to prove that your are just as good if not better than the feature. Like I said the balling ass artist have no problem with paying for it. And if you do you have a right to feel the way you feel to. So with that said if you interested. Go ahead and holler. We just filled 2 spots and have 2 spots left to open on. Hit me

MYSPACE.COM/MASH714

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 05:27:35 PM »
Like I said the balling ass artist have no problem with paying for it. And if you do you have a right to feel the way you feel to. So with that said if you interested. Go ahead and holler. We just filled 2 spots and have 2 spots left to open on. Hit me

MYSPACE.COM/MASH714

How many unsigned artists are "balling ass artist"? Matter of fact, how many signed artists are "balling ass artists"?

Your logic here makes no sense. Coma is right, you're going to get subpar at best openers for Jim Jones. There's plenty of artists out in LA that would rock it at a show like that, but nobody (with any legitimacy) is going to pay to open up for Jim Jones in LA. Good luck though.

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 05:52:24 PM »
school these fags cal/enigma

fuck mashpotato.

Jim jones is wack

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
Jones Is Horrible Yo

MASHALOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 06:02:35 PM »
Fuck you fuck boy. I dont know Jim Jones nor dor I represent him. If you got issues with him take it up with that man. I'm just trying to grind and to stay away from hating ass bitches like yourself. Fuck me nigga? You dont even know me and I aint never did nothing to you. Fuck you and everything you going thru. I'll be at the club on that day to. It's whatever. Hating ass pink pussy nigga.