Author Topic: SA Spurs are Done  (Read 959 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: SA Spurs are Done
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 12:58:31 PM »
the rockets and clippers are pathetic, i can't believe they lost to an injured spurs team....

the rockets had a 14 point lead in the 4th quareter, i stop watching the game thinking it was over and when i go back to the game they are down by 2 points with 2 seconds left..lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »
^I thought both the Rockets and Clippers would be much better this season.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »
the rockets and clippers are pathetic, i can't believe they lost to an injured spurs team....

the rockets had a 14 point lead in the 4th quareter, i stop watching the game thinking it was over and when i go back to the game they are down by 2 points with 2 seconds left..lol
lol your avatar is jokes...+1

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 10:49:24 PM »
 :sombrero:

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »
Yeah yeah. Manu being out didnt help, and having our core 3 miss so many games together this year didnt either. But the biggest thing was the defense not being what is usually is. We could get away with not scoring +100 points a game if our team D was as good as it normally is.  Oh well, we're gearing up for some big pickups anyways. Maybe only one or two small pieces during this off season, but in 2010 we'll have a good amount of cap space.  The last 2 years have been down years (as in, no title). If our down years = 50+ wins...im sure theres a lot of teams wishing for down years like that lol.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 11:19:44 AM »
Yeah yeah. Manu being out didnt help, and having our core 3 miss so many games together this year didnt either. But the biggest thing was the defense not being what is usually is. We could get away with not scoring +100 points a game if our team D was as good as it normally is.  Oh well, we're gearing up for some big pickups anyways. Maybe only one or two small pieces during this off season, but in 2010 we'll have a good amount of cap space.  The last 2 years have been down years (as in, no title). If our down years = 50+ wins...im sure theres a lot of teams wishing for down years like that lol.

LOL....the last two years were the end of the Spurs' years as being known as a threat..and quit making excuses, you're one of the main people who talks shit when people bring up injuries. Spurs reign as being contenders=over. It's back to the mid-90's for yall. 8)

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 11:31:24 AM »

LOL....the last two years were the end of the Spurs' years as being known as a threat..and quit making excuses, you're one of the main people who talks shit when people bring up injuries. Spurs reign as being contenders=over. It's back to the mid-90's for yall. 8)

the injuries WERE a problem this year, obviously. But its not an excuse cus I think the main problem was our defense.  We've always been one of the top 2 or 3 defenses in the league, and could usually shut down opponents. So any lack of scoring wasnt an issue. This year, our defense hasnt been anywhere NEAR as good. And no, we arent done lol. No NBA "Expert" would make that claim. The Spurs organization is one of the most respected in sports, they can draw free agents on that. Like I said, our down year(s) are better then 90% of teams good years lol. You should focus on your team, cus wouldnt it suck to watch Kobe fail (AGAIN) to win a title as the leader of the Lakers lol. You guys have lost in your last 2 finals appearances...and it hasnt been pretty. Way to rep the Western Conference  :grumpy:
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 11:36:15 AM »

the injuries WERE a problem this year, obviously. But its not an excuse cus I think the main problem was our defense.  We've always been one of the top 2 or 3 defenses in the league, and could usually shut down opponents. So any lack of scoring wasnt an issue. This year, our defense hasnt been anywhere NEAR as good. And no, we arent done lol. No NBA "Expert" would make that claim. The Spurs organization is one of the most respected in sports, they can draw free agents on that. Like I said, our down year(s) are better then 90% of teams good years lol. You should focus on your team, cus wouldnt it suck to watch Kobe fail (AGAIN) to win a title as the leader of the Lakers lol. You guys have lost in your last 2 finals appearances...and it hasnt been pretty. Way to rep the Western Conference  :grumpy:

no, muthafucka, the main problem is that yall are old and have an ancient core...it's time to destroy and rebuild. good luck taking 3 years to rebuild a contender ala the Lakers. :laugh:

it's better to lose in the Finals than to loser in the first round, but this topic is about the dying Spurs, not the rising Lakers. 8)

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 12:01:57 PM »

no, muthafucka, the main problem is that yall are old and have an ancient core...it's time to destroy and rebuild. good luck taking 3 years to rebuild a contender ala the Lakers. :laugh:

it's better to lose in the Finals than to loser in the first round, but this topic is about the dying Spurs, not the rising Lakers. 8)

WTF are u talkin about? Out of our core players, only Manu's age is an issue. And its not really his age, its his health. He's just worn his body down too much over the years. Parker is in his prime, and Duncan still has a few good years left. The only other players that are old, are all role/ bench players. Bowen, Finley, Vaughn, etc. They come and go.  We arent rebuilding lol. Rebuilding would typically cause you to see a huge hit to your record (ala Lakers post Shaq).  How many teams are in rebuilding mode winning 50+ games? lol. And no, the Lakers arent rising. The Lakers are at the peak of where this current team CAN be. So its championship or bust. Hopefully Kobe doesnt fuck up another chance lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »

WTF are u talkin about? Out of our core players, only Manu's age is an issue. And its not really his age, its his health. He's just worn his body down too much over the years. Parker is in his prime, and Duncan still has a few good years left. The only other players that are old, are all role/ bench players. Bowen, Finley, Vaughn, etc. They come and go.  We arent rebuilding lol. Rebuilding would typically cause you to see a huge hit to your record (ala Lakers post Shaq).  How many teams are in rebuilding mode winning 50+ games? lol. And no, the Lakers arent rising. The Lakers are at the peak of where this current team CAN be. So its championship or bust. Hopefully Kobe doesnt fuck up another chance lol

rigggghttt...duncan just keeps getting younger, yea? the best player on your team currently is Tony Parker, and I'd say he's more of a second option on a championship than a franchise player. building around parker is guna be extremely tough, and building around an aging duncan is out of the question. i'm not saying you guys already started rebuilding, i'm saying that's what's cookin for your future...just dont say i didnt warn ya, homie...PeACe

PS...LMAO@"the Lakers aren't rising"...Bynum=21, Gasol=1st full year with team, Kobe=maturing his game with each season. 2nd youngest team in the league, genius. step it up...foreal.

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 02:20:14 PM »

rigggghttt...duncan just keeps getting younger, yea? the best player on your team currently is Tony Parker, and I'd say he's more of a second option on a championship than a franchise player. building around parker is guna be extremely tough, and building around an aging duncan is out of the question. i'm not saying you guys already started rebuilding, i'm saying that's what's cookin for your future...just dont say i didnt warn ya, homie...PeACe

PS...LMAO@"the Lakers aren't rising"...Bynum=21, Gasol=1st full year with team, Kobe=maturing his game with each season. 2nd youngest team in the league, genius. step it up...foreal.

Naw, Duncan isnt getting younger. As a matter of fact, no one on Earth is. Tony Parker has really emerged and all, but even he knows that the Spurs success goes through Duncan. Duncan just doesnt have the flashy numbers and big games. But opposing defenses (and offenses) have to prepare for everything Duncan sets up, not just his scoring. I dont see the team necesarily getting to the point where they will build AROUND Parker the way they built around Duncan. But they will usher in new players gradually as playersl ike Manu, and eventually Duncan fade.  This keeps them from having those big drops recordwise. Believe me, dont be surprised to see the Spurs in the finals again within the next 2-3 yrs.  Next year is a possibility, but due to cap space I dont think theyll make that big splash in free agency. They can go after Carter still (even tho I dont think he's the answer), and I know theres the whole Rasheed rumors goin on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Spurs-090429

Once again, this current Laker squad has met its full potential this year. Lets hope for your sake, it ends with a championship lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »

Naw, Duncan isnt getting younger. As a matter of fact, no one on Earth is. Tony Parker has really emerged and all, but even he knows that the Spurs success goes through Duncan. Duncan just doesnt have the flashy numbers and big games. But opposing defenses (and offenses) have to prepare for everything Duncan sets up, not just his scoring. I dont see the team necesarily getting to the point where they will build AROUND Parker the way they built around Duncan. But they will usher in new players gradually as playersl ike Manu, and eventually Duncan fade.  This keeps them from having those big drops recordwise. Believe me, dont be surprised to see the Spurs in the finals again within the next 2-3 yrs.  Next year is a possibility, but due to cap space I dont think theyll make that big splash in free agency. They can go after Carter still (even tho I dont think he's the answer), and I know theres the whole Rasheed rumors goin on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Spurs-090429

Once again, this current Laker squad has met its full potential this year. Lets hope for your sake, it ends with a championship lol.

alright, whatever helps you feel better about your team deemed done...and since your team is done, i'm also done with any discussion about 'em...but, really now, how have the Lakers met their full potential when they havent even had bynum for a full season yet? how have we met our full potential when shannon brown just recently has emerged as our 2nd string point guard ahead of farmar? how have we reached our full potential when we have the 2nd youngest team in the league and havent even had our core playing together for a full year? LMAO damn, homie, it's so fucking obvious you'd be saying the exact opposite of what you're saying if you were a Laker fan......HORRIBLE.

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 04:07:52 PM »

alright, whatever helps you feel better about your team deemed done...and since your team is done, i'm also done with any discussion about 'em...but, really now, how have the Lakers met their full potential when they havent even had bynum for a full season yet? how have we met our full potential when shannon brown just recently has emerged as our 2nd string point guard ahead of farmar? how have we reached our full potential when we have the 2nd youngest team in the league and havent even had our core playing together for a full year? LMAO damn, homie, it's so fucking obvious you'd be saying the exact opposite of what you're saying if you were a Laker fan......HORRIBLE.

they have.  This is it man, soak it up lol. They arent going to top this seasons record. They have some players who MIGHT improve their game. Kobe's game will not get any better tho, obviously. 2 guards dont tend to become better when they get older.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 08:19:33 AM »

they have.  This is it man, soak it up lol. They arent going to top this seasons record. They have some players who MIGHT improve their game. Kobe's game will not get any better tho, obviously. 2 guards dont tend to become better when they get older.

tell that to Michael Jordan.......Kobe has been getting better with age. I don't expect him to go downhill any time soon.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »
not to interrupt the argument, but I gotta chip in and say that Ginobili is NOT their only problem for the future

watching Duncan this year he looked really weak... he's naturally so good that he still could put up numbers

but in reality, even if he gets rest this offseason, he'll be a year older and probably on a team no better than this year

his days of carrying the load are over, Parker has proven to be the guy who can score every time down the floor

unfortunately I have a feeling Ginobili will continue to be nagged by this injury since it has posed a problem for a while now

watching the Spurs in the first round, some of the games they lost with only Parker running around trying to score with Duncan helping was pathetic

they need to make a lot more changes than adding Drew Gooden...