Author Topic: Why did Artest change his number so many times?  (Read 221 times)

GangstaBoogy

Why did Artest change his number so many times?
« on: November 11, 2008, 11:25:02 AM »
Better yet...how was he able to do that?

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Why did Artest change his number so many times?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 11:26:29 AM »
It's Ron artest, he doesn't really make that much sense.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

'EclipZe

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 12:01:58 PM »
^ nuff said. Still surprises me how many different numbers he had lol

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »
91 is a cool number but for him it's stupid... "haha I'll wear Dennis Rodman's 91, get it?"

96 is what he has now, not bad

Kool Beenz

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »
the dude is mentally insane literally...
thats why hes my favorite player lol
Ron Artest is proof they let crazy people play sports

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »
Fuck the other 2 pics didn't show up. There's one of him wearing #23 with the Pacers, one of him wearing #15 with the Pacers (and Larry Bird), and one of him wearing #91  - that one is still up.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 01:04:03 PM »
Fuck the other 2 pics didn't show up. There's one of him wearing #23 with the Pacers, one of him wearing #15 with the Pacers (and Larry Bird), and one of him wearing #91  - that one is still up.
I can see all 3 pics.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 01:38:54 PM »
cuz he's confused and insane...is it really that susprising?

number 15 in Chicago:

wore 93 in sac-town:

wearing 96 now:

herpes

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 02:49:10 PM »
Every number has a reason to.  15 was from high school and college.  23 was in tribute to Jordan.  91 was in tribute to rodman.  The other numbers I have no clue

herpes

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »
At the start of the 2004-05 season, Artest changed his uniform number. In past seasons with Indiana, he had worn the number 23 in tribute to NBA legend Michael Jordan. For the 2004-05 season, he wore the number 91; a tribute to former multiple Defensive Player of the Year Award winner Dennis Rodman, another controversial basketball player from the late 1980s and 1990s. After being suspended for the remainder of the season due to his involvement in the Pacers-Pistons brawl, Artest reverted his number back to the original he wore for the majority of his basketball life, number 15, though he switched to number 93 after being traded to the Sacramento Kings. He wore number 93 with Sacramento because he said it represented the Queensbridge projects where he grew up, with the “9” representing the “Q” in Queens and the “3” representing the “B” in Bridge.[15] Also, the inspiration for Artest choosing 93 as his number was inspired by Souls of Mischief's 1993 album 93 'til Infinity.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 04:13:13 PM »
At the start of the 2004-05 season, Artest changed his uniform number. In past seasons with Indiana, he had worn the number 23 in tribute to NBA legend Michael Jordan. For the 2004-05 season, he wore the number 91; a tribute to former multiple Defensive Player of the Year Award winner Dennis Rodman, another controversial basketball player from the late 1980s and 1990s. After being suspended for the remainder of the season due to his involvement in the Pacers-Pistons brawl, Artest reverted his number back to the original he wore for the majority of his basketball life, number 15, though he switched to number 93 after being traded to the Sacramento Kings. He wore number 93 with Sacramento because he said it represented the Queensbridge projects where he grew up, with the “9” representing the “Q” in Queens and the “3” representing the “B” in Bridge.[15] Also, the inspiration for Artest choosing 93 as his number was inspired by Souls of Mischief's 1993 album 93 'til Infinity.

lol wikipedia

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 04:27:59 PM »
I think ya'll missed the question. I know Artest is insane, but how as he allowed to change his number that many times? He was only with the Pacers for like 6 years, the NBA has a 3 season rule for players changing their number with the same team.

herpes

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »
I think ya'll missed the question. I know Artest is insane, but how as he allowed to change his number that many times? He was only with the Pacers for like 6 years, the NBA has a 3 season rule for players changing their number with the same team.

Ron got the association shook thats why.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »

Naah, it's a 2 season rule...I think you can do it even sooner with a petition.