Author Topic: With the way the Lakers are playing, I'm ready to say Kobe>MJ.  (Read 1038 times)

PLANT

Re: With the way the Lakers are playing, I'm ready to say Kobe>MJ.
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »
iunno if this been posted yet, but....

Seasons
MJ 13 (of eligibility) Kobe 11

NBA Championships
MJ 6 (in 6 Finals) Kobe 3 (in 5 Finals)

NBA Finals MVPs
MJ 6 (in 6 Finals) Kobe 0 (in 5 Finals)

Season MVPs
MJ 5 Kobe 1

Defensive Player of the Year
MJ 1 Kobe 0

All-NBA First Team
MJ 10 Kobe 5

All-Defensive First Team
MJ 9 Kobe 5

Rookie of the Year
MJ YES Kobe NO

All-Rookie First Team
MJ YES Kobe NO

All-Star
MJ 14 Kobe 10

All-Star Game MVPs
MJ 3 Kobe 2

Scoring Titles
MJ 10 Kobe 2

Steals Titles
MJ 3 Kobe 0

Top 10 in League in Assists
MJ 1 Kobe 0

NBA records held alone
MJ 61 Kobe 0

NBA records held (may be shared)
MJ 69 Kobe 5

Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year
MJ 1 Kobe 0

Olympic Gold Medals
MJ 2 Kobe 1

Michael Jordan is #1 all-time in points per game and #3 all-time in points. Kobe Bryant is not in the top 10 all-time in points per game.

Michael Jordan is #34 all-time in assists and #74 all-time in assists per game. Kobe Bryant is not in the top 100 all-time in assists per game.

Michael Jordan is #3 all-time in rebounds and rebounds per game by a guard (behind Magic Johnson and Oscar Robertson). Kobe Bryant is not remotely close.

Michael Jordan is #2 all-time in steals and #4 all-time in steals per game. Kobe Bryant is not in the top 50 all-time in steals per game.

Michael Jordan is #1 all-time in blocks and blocks per game by a guard. Kobe Bryant is not remotely close

Nonetheless, Kobe is still a work in progress and he can catch or surpass Jordan in some of the categories i.e allstar games played/mvp. But Kobe won't come close to Jordan in Rebounding, Steals, Assists, the other 'team' components beside just scoring.
'nuff said  ;)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 07:27:57 PM »
"I hate to break it to you but numbers ALWAYS lie" - Joe Budden
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2008, 07:38:25 PM »
"Numbers don't lie, unless we do Bush and Gore over" - Immortal Technique
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2008, 10:36:51 PM »
Those numbers do lie. Theres a lot of shit you have to factor in, mainly that Kobe is still playing and in his prime...

herpes

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »
Those numbers do lie. Theres a lot of shit you have to factor in, mainly that Kobe is still playing and in his prime...

Jordan >>> the rapist

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2008, 11:24:58 PM »

Jordan >>> the rapist

Call me back when that joke is done dying...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2008, 06:06:09 AM »
LMAO, Jordan never got molested in the finals like Kobe.  How quickly people forget recent history.  Jordan's first 3 rings were with a FAR less talented supporting staff than anything Kobe ever won a ship with. 

This debate is so retarded...Jordan is so much more highly decorated than Kobe at this point.  MAYBE Kobe will win 4 more ships, rack up a bunch of MVP's, etc.  Then you could have a legit debate.

WTF are you talking about? Jordan's teammates never let him down in the Finals...What if Paxson and Kerr woulda missed those big shots? Jordan would be nowhere without his role players on top of their game. Also, he was never forced to play without the 2nd best player on the team and best defensive stopper. Make sense. :-*

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2008, 06:08:50 AM »
But at least LBJ showed up in the elimination game, instead of allowing his team to get beat by 30 or whatever.  Kobe, like that one game 7 against the SUns, merely gave up...............which is why HE IS NOT JORDAN.  Is he as talented as Jordan?  DEFINITELY----------but fact is, Jordan never went out in finals game like that. 

Kobe still has ALOT to do to get on Jordan's level as far as acoomplishments go, and isn't that what sports is all about?  Not potential or ability, but RESULTS.  6 finals MVP's, 6 championships as leader means Jordan is still WAY ahead.

The comparisons do hold weight, but its still not that close..........

Jordan woulda never even been in the Finals with his 2nd best player injured!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2008, 06:12:38 AM »
iunno if this been posted yet, but....

Seasons
MJ 13 (of eligibility) Kobe 11

NBA Championships
MJ 6 (in 6 Finals) Kobe 3 (in 5 Finals)

NBA Finals MVPs
MJ 6 (in 6 Finals) Kobe 0 (in 5 Finals)

Season MVPs
MJ 5 Kobe 1

Defensive Player of the Year
MJ 1 Kobe 0

All-NBA First Team
MJ 10 Kobe 5

All-Defensive First Team
MJ 9 Kobe 5

Rookie of the Year
MJ YES Kobe NO

All-Rookie First Team
MJ YES Kobe NO

All-Star
MJ 14 Kobe 10

All-Star Game MVPs
MJ 3 Kobe 2

Scoring Titles
MJ 10 Kobe 2

Steals Titles
MJ 3 Kobe 0

Top 10 in League in Assists
MJ 1 Kobe 0

NBA records held alone
MJ 61 Kobe 0

NBA records held (may be shared)
MJ 69 Kobe 5

Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year
MJ 1 Kobe 0

Olympic Gold Medals
MJ 2 Kobe 1

Michael Jordan is #1 all-time in points per game and #3 all-time in points. Kobe Bryant is not in the top 10 all-time in points per game.

Michael Jordan is #34 all-time in assists and #74 all-time in assists per game. Kobe Bryant is not in the top 100 all-time in assists per game.

Michael Jordan is #3 all-time in rebounds and rebounds per game by a guard (behind Magic Johnson and Oscar Robertson). Kobe Bryant is not remotely close.

Michael Jordan is #2 all-time in steals and #4 all-time in steals per game. Kobe Bryant is not in the top 50 all-time in steals per game.

Michael Jordan is #1 all-time in blocks and blocks per game by a guard. Kobe Bryant is not remotely close

Nonetheless, Kobe is still a work in progress and he can catch or surpass Jordan in some of the categories i.e allstar games played/mvp. But Kobe won't come close to Jordan in Rebounding, Steals, Assists, the other 'team' components beside just scoring.

what do these numbers have ANYTHING to do with how good these players play in their prime? LOL.

teecee

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2008, 11:58:02 AM »
NI<K, don't use the second best player argument, because it was you who was guaranteeing a win in the finals, right? 

And accomplishments DO matter, numbers do matter.........

look at things objectively, and you can see its Jordan way ahead of Kobe for now.  Kobe at his very best is close to Jordan, but it will be damn near impossible for Kobe to reach Jordan's level for his career.  And really, when players are done, we look at them at how they played over their career......not for the so-called "prime" seasons.  Of course, take Jordan's four best seasons and put them against Kobe's, and its still not close......

Of course, Kobe's prime is still TBA...............last year's finals loss was not a great way to start his case for greatest ever.  Of course, I don't think even Kobe is as concerned about his legace as his fans are........

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2008, 01:08:37 PM »
MJ over Kobe any day
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2008, 01:09:46 PM »
NI<K, don't use the second best player argument, because it was you who was guaranteeing a win in the finals, right? 

And accomplishments DO matter, numbers do matter.........

look at things objectively, and you can see its Jordan way ahead of Kobe for now.  Kobe at his very best is close to Jordan, but it will be damn near impossible for Kobe to reach Jordan's level for his career.  And really, when players are done, we look at them at how they played over their career......not for the so-called "prime" seasons.  Of course, take Jordan's four best seasons and put them against Kobe's, and its still not close......

Of course, Kobe's prime is still TBA...............last year's finals loss was not a great way to start his case for greatest ever.  Of course, I don't think even Kobe is as concerned about his legace as his fans are........

You're right...Kobe's not concerned because he already knows he's better than Jordan. He knows there's nothing he can't do on the basketball court, so he aint trippin. Sure, I said the Lakers would beat Boston based on how poorly Boston played and how great the Lakers looked...that doesn't take away from us playing without our starting center and 2nd most important guy on the squad, does it? Lets make sense of shit...Jordan has lost big games, even in his prime. While it may not have looked as bad as last year in the Finals, Jordan ALWAYS had his partner, Scottie Pippen, by his side. If accomplishments were what was used to determin GOAT, then Bill Russell is the GOAT...you get my drift? Kobe's career is not even close to being finished...at this age, Kobe has collected more rings than Jordan. We'll see what's up when Kobe's career comes to an end...PeACe

herpes

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »

Jordan >>> the rapist

I wish I was joking but if he wasn't Kobe Bryant he would be locked up right now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »

Jordan >>> the rapist

I wish I was joking but if he wasn't Kobe Bryant he would be locked up right now.

if he wasn't kobe bryant he woulda never been accused...i swear, all you damn hicks think the same.

herpes

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2008, 01:44:11 PM »

Jordan >>> the rapist

if he wasn't kobe bryant he woulda never been accused...i swear, all you damn hicks think the same.

Yea your probably right.  He would of never been in Colorado and would of raped some other poor girl that would of been too afraid to say anything.