Author Topic: Yanks off CC a deal...(also have interest in others)  (Read 135 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Yanks off CC a deal...(also have interest in others)
« on: November 15, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081114&content_id=3680177&vkey=hotstove2008&fext=.jsp

6 years, 140 million! 8) BACK YOUR BAGS CC!

Yanks also might go after Lowe & Burnett.  8)

herpes

Re: Yanks off CC a deal...(also have interest in others)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 11:27:53 AM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081114&content_id=3680177&vkey=hotstove2008&fext=.jsp

I hope the Yanks do sign him and Lowe and Burnett b/c you guys sitll won't win with a team of hired guns.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 12:51:45 PM »

I hope the Yanks do sign him and Lowe and Burnett b/c you guys sitll won't win with a team of hired guns.

i beg to differ. ;)

herpes

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »

i beg to differ. ;)

I know plenty of Yankee fans that feel the same.  You guys need the Steinbrenners to get suspended from baseball again so you can properly build a winner.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 03:04:51 PM »

i beg to differ. ;)

I know plenty of Yankee fans that feel the same.  You guys need the Steinbrenners to get suspended from baseball again so you can properly build a winner.

im tellin you right now, if we get all three of them were winning a ring & ill bet anything on that...

Joba, CC, Lowe, Burnett, Wang...name a better starting 5.

herpes

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »

i beg to differ. ;)

im tellin you right now, if we get all three of them were winning a ring & ill bet anything on that...

Joba, CC, Lowe, Burnett, Wang...name a better starting 5.

I dont think Joba can last a full season as a starter his future is in the bullpen as Mariano's successor.  And Burnett had a great season but lets see him stay healthy two seasons in a row.  And plus reports say with his personality it's a bad mix for playing in NY.  I think dude is Carl Pavano part two.  And I like CC but I have a feeling in a couple of years he'll be another Bartolo Colon.  Every season the Yankees say they are signing this guy and that guy and it will put them over the top.  And every year they do even less on the field.  But I say hey sign everyone you can lol.

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
I was hoping Burnett would stay in Toronto but its looking doubtfull >:(  Once again, the Yanks will be throwing millions around however they want trying to build their roster  :-\

herpes

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »
I was hoping Burnett would stay in Toronto but its looking doubtfull >:(  Once again, the Yanks will be throwing millions around however they want trying to build their roster  :-\

They may be building a roster but they aren't building a team that is all that matters.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »
fuck all the haters! :)

i will stand behind the decisions my team decides to make & root my ass off.

i mean, they only offered CC so far. they only stated they have interest in the other two. we'll see how it plays out...

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 08:00:20 PM »
no diss to anyone in particular but lol at thinkin' they can land all 3 of these guys..1 most likely, 2 at best/if lucky..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 08:03:13 PM »
no diss to anyone in particular but lol at thinkin' they can land all 3 of these guys..1 most likely, 2 at best/if lucky..

if they wanted them bad enough, they could have anybody. ;D