Author Topic: Evidence & Alchemist To Drop Six Projects In A Year  (Read 53 times)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Evidence & Alchemist To Drop Six Projects In A Year
« on: November 15, 2008, 02:12:53 PM »
2nd paragraph, is that Better Living Through Chemistry album new title for Chemical Warfare?

Alchemist and Evidence are eager to get to work on their project as the newly-formed duo Stepbrothers, but they've got other business to handle first.

In an exclusive interview with HipHopDX, the two emcee/producers talked about their respective impending projects. Evidence's The Layover Mixtape [click to listen] hit the Internet earlier this month, and the official Layover EP hits shelves November 25. Alchemist has the Alchemist's Cookbook EP, his long-awaited Better Living Through Chemistry album, and a full-length with Stones Throw Records artist Oh No coming soon.

"We're basically planting the seed for Stepbrothers with [the Layover EP]. And with my project and my EP, Ev is going to be on two joints as well," Alchemist said. "So we're just pushing each others' shit and building the buzz."

Evidence said that Layover has an expansive guest list, because he wanted to get those records out of the way and save most of the solo material for his upcoming album. The two songs with big features were previously solo songs for his solo sophomore disc Cats & Dogs, but he subtracted two of his verses to tack on cameos. "For Whom The Bell Tolls" [click to listen] which features Phonte of Little Brother, Blu and will.i.am has already leaked. But another track, "To Be Determined," features Elzhi and Aloe Blacc.

"He bodied me so hard, it's fucking crazy! … But that's exactly what I want," Evidence said of the Slum Village emcee's verse on the song. "Sometimes I'm really hard on myself, but fuck, he's so good, man."

"They're not industry records, they're just real," he continued. "I called these people directly, hooked up with them, and it just happened naturally."

Alchemist has been keeping busy as well. What started as casual music bartering and recording with Oh No became the two forming the duo of Gangrene and completing an entire album. Alchemist says that the project should get released by the end of the year.

"The reason why I think that was so dope is because I didn't know him really well. We had just thrown together what we had," Alchemist says. "I've known Madlib for years, not crazily, be we always respect each other. But (me and Oh No) just clicked. He smokes as much as I do, which is amazing. [Laughs]"

He says the Alchemist's Cookbook EP is a precursor to Better Living Through Chemistry, and that the former will have several of the same records as the latter. He also talked about why the release has been delayed so much.

"I'm in a business, you know? I got down with a company and broke bread, so when they want to put hot shit out, they can. That's why I went and did Gang Green and other things, because they can't stop me as an artist," Alchemist explained. "Look at the industry; numbers aren't really what they used to be. We moved 200,000 the last go-round, on the independent. So they really want to come correct this time. They feel like they've got the records; they just want to time it right."

To read the rest of DX's Producer's Corner interview with The Stepbrothers, [click to read].

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.8091/title.evidence-alchemist-to-drop-six-projects-in-a-year

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets