Author Topic: DPG would be way better now if Soopafly would have replaced Kurupt....  (Read 882 times)

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: DPG would be way better now if Soopafly would have replaced Kurupt....
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 04:20:13 AM »
i hear ya there......that was def the last decent music they put out.....in my opinion they need to hook back up with mike dean, the beats were fire on that album...If Kurupt found something to rap about and the DPG hooked back up with Mike Dean they might make some decent music again.....we can all live in hope.....everything else they have done since sounds rushed or filler tracks...

Guys, let's face it, that whole Dogg Pound movement is kinda dead. When was the last time they released a REAL good, consistent album?... I'll tell you - 2001 with the first Dillinger and Gotti album. The rest was mediocre at best (including Dogg Chit)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 05:30:45 AM »
Yeah, it's true Daz and Soopa have great chemistry together. Soopafly hasn't really been makin any solo shit lately, anybody know what's up with him?
Snoop, Daz and Soopafly was supposed to be releasin this:

Yeah, i believe that was the "New" Dogg Pound album that was supposed to be released.  I think Death Row still owned the rights to the "Dogg Pound" name, which is why they were calling it DPGC.  I think it would have been a dope album.  I know "Number One", and "Dogg Pound 4 Life" from Daz's So So Def album were going to be on it, and both songs were dope.  I bet they had a bunch of awesome kurupt disses too that will probably never see the light of day.  I heard it was nearly complete, I wish I could get a hold of that album.  Fly has still got it, it's just hard when you got someone paying you to stay out of the rap game like Snoop is.  Snoop is paying Soopafly to be part of his camp and not wanting Fly to do anything, for fear of him stealing Snoop's album sales if he released something.  You guys would do the same thing, even if you loved making the music, if you have someone telling you "i'll give you xx amount of dollars to just come to the studio and smoke weed with me and do nothing, or, you can go somewhere else, and make no money and struggle like crazy to get an album out with shitty distribution".  That's what it boils down to, so I don't blame him there.  I just hope he's done with that Westurn Union crap, Damani and Lucc just couldn't hang with Soopafly, it was so evident listening to that album.  I hope he kicked those two bums to the curb.  Why couldn't Snoop have let him make a different "Westurn Union" with him, daz and kurupt? 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 05:32:43 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 11:54:25 AM »
This Mutha FuckkaZ Trippin...

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 12:04:08 PM »
real shit!!!!!
bring that no vaseline back, shit is crazy!!!!

I was just listening to some older stuff back when Daz and Kurupt were dissing each other.  They were all making great songs around that time, Kurupt had "No Vaseline 2", "Eat A Dicc Daz", "I Didn't Change", Daz had "U Ain't Shit" and a bunch of other funny disses. 

Around that time Daz announced the formation of the "New" Dogg Pound with Soopafly replacing Kurupt.  My understanding was that the album was nearly done when Kurupt came crawling back begging to be accepted back into DPG and Daz and Soopafly beat him back into the gang.  Some of those songs ended up being released on other projects, such as "Number One" and stuff like that.  Daz and Soopafly have great chemistry together.  I haven't been real impressed with the stuff Daz and Kurupt have been releasing these days, it just sounds too repetitive and they've really flooded the market with their stuff.  I think if Daz and Soopafly would have continued with the "New" Dogg Pound, we would have been blessed with some real classic albums.  Kurupt had more fire when he was dissing too, it's like now they don't have anything to rap about and Kurupt doesn't have much time to write rhymes because part of the agreement in letting him back in the DPG was that he had to do Soopafly's laundry for five years.  Of course, now that the agreement is up, Kurupt is starting to release some dope stuff again, and Soopafly just has one of his hoes do his laundry now.

But still, I can't help but think how much the future of Westcoast rap would have been altered if Soopafly and Daz would have become the "New" Dogg Pound.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

midwestryder

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 02:17:43 PM »
Yeah, it's true Daz and Soopa have great chemistry together. Soopafly hasn't really been makin any solo shit lately, anybody know what's up with him?

Yeah, i believe that was the "New" Dogg Pound album that was supposed to be released.  I think Death Row still owned the rights to the "Dogg Pound" name, which is why they were calling it DPGC.  I think it would have been a dope album.  I know "Number One", and "Dogg Pound 4 Life" from Daz's So So Def album were going to be on it, and both songs were dope.  I bet they had a bunch of awesome kurupt disses too that will probably never see the light of day.  I heard it was nearly complete, I wish I could get a hold of that album.  Fly has still got it, it's just hard when you got someone paying you to stay out of the rap game like Snoop is.  Snoop is paying Soopafly to be part of his camp and not wanting Fly to do anything, for fear of him stealing Snoop's album sales if he released something.  You guys would do the same thing, even if you loved making the music, if you have someone telling you "i'll give you xx amount of dollars to just come to the studio and smoke weed with me and do nothing, or, you can go somewhere else, and make no money and struggle like crazy to get an album out with shitty distribution".  That's what it boils down to, so I don't blame him there.  I just hope he's done with that Westurn Union crap, Damani and Lucc just couldn't hang with Soopafly, it was so evident listening to that album.  I hope he kicked those two bums to the curb.  Why couldn't Snoop have let him make a different "Westurn Union" with him, daz and kurupt? 
because snoop dogg did not make westurn union ever . wester union was a group before snoop dogg ever met them or put them on so you can't have a westurn Union without bad luc & Damani . bad luc & Damani onw the name westurn union . snoop dogg forced snoopafly into the group . man know waht you talking about befre you talk or you look like you are stupid like know because it just shows you don't know waht you are even talking about .also get off snoopafly dick because he ain't that good . what are you snoopafly's but buddy . alos snoopafly could never out sell snoop dogg ever .snoop is not scared of snoopafly out selling him.  also without snoop dogg there would be no snoopafly.everything you just saiud was bullcrap . i don't mess with stupid opinions at all. i am just speaking facts .also bad lucc is better then snoopafly .

Rick McCrank

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 02:59:47 PM »
Soopafly made Daz

the best shit Daz ever did had a "co-produced by Soopafly" next to it

he was the key ingredient, if not the inventor of the Dogg Pound sound

Johnny B

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »
not another DPG related thread.  ::)

u can do better than that, Soopafly DPGC.

IIDANNYII

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 05:58:03 PM »
Naw, it aint Dogg Pound wit out Kurupt.

EFFeX

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 06:13:09 PM »
Guys, let's face it, that whole Dogg Pound movement is kinda dead. When was the last time they released a REAL good, consistent album?... I'll tell you - 2001 with the first Dillinger and Gotti album. The rest was mediocre at best (including Dogg Chit)

I actually think Dillinger & Gotti 2 is a very quality release.

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 01:44:45 AM »
soopafly is snoops bitch.....if snoop was to ask soopafly to jump he would ask ' how high '.........

Okka

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 01:53:14 AM »

I actually think Dillinger & Gotti 2 is a very quality release.

Hell yeah, i consider it the second best Dogg Pound album.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

2euce 7even

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 03:47:09 AM »
soopa is dope but he cant see kurupt lyrically.IMO

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 06:13:22 AM »
Soopafly made Daz

the best shit Daz ever did had a "co-produced by Soopafly" next to it

he was the key ingredient, if not the inventor of the Dogg Pound sound

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Tons of Daz's hit songs that he produced always say "co-produced by Soopafly" or Soopafly was on keys or something like that.  Soopafly just loves to stay out of the limelight, he let Daz take all the credit, that's cool, he's a nice guy.  If you notice, Daz is really hit and miss on his production, and I think Soopafly is the "it" factor that Daz misses when he creates a shitty beat.

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 09:12:22 AM »
of course Soopfly DPGC, keep on telling yourself that son..........Soopafly ain't got shit on Daz......he makes the odd good beat and plays some nice keys from time to time but his work ethic is shit, he just polishes snopps shoes and runs erands.....he's an erand boy...thats all he'll ever be...

[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Tons of Daz's hit songs that he produced always say "co-produced by Soopafly" or Soopafly was on keys or something like that.  Soopafly just loves to stay out of the limelight, he let Daz take all the credit, that's cool, he's a nice guy.  If you notice, Daz is really hit and miss on his production, and I think Soopafly is the "it" factor that Daz misses when he creates a shitty beat.
[/quote]