Author Topic: With an All-Pro apology, Vick deserves to play in the NFL again  (Read 287 times)

Elano

With an All-Pro apology, Vick deserves to play in the NFL again
« on: November 28, 2008, 09:02:39 AM »

Forget the uniform. The correctional grey suit Michael Vick wore into a courtroom today in Sussex, Va. Forget it. Forget even the Falcons' red, black and white uni.

The former uniform should not ultimately define Vick, not if all goes as he, his attorneys and family plan. And the latter, he'll never wear again.

Michael Vick will play in the National Football League again, maybe as early as next season; more likely no later than 2010. Yes, he will.

After pleading guilty to a state dogfighting charge on Tuesday, moments after being led into the courtroom in shackles, the former quarterback cleared the way for his potential freedom. His 23-month federal sentence for bankrolling a dogfighting enterprise at a Virginia home he owned is scheduled to end on July 20, 2009. Now, with all of the charges against him resolved, he might even be released to a halfway facility sooner than that.

I don't know if Vick is sorry for what he did. Oh, I know he's "sorry," seeing that it cost him his freedom, his rep (at least with those of us who did not attend his doggie deathtrap) and every last cent of his $130 million contract. Yeah, he's "sorry."

But true remorse and, more important, a full understanding of the absolute depravity of his crimes? We'll see.

I'm willing to bet that he is, and if that's the case, then he not only will play in the NFL again, but he deserves the opportunity to do – having paid for his crimes in every which way.

But I'm not the one he'll have to convince. Or the ones. In fact, not long after visiting his family and friends upon his release, Vick must stand before us all and tell us how he feels. Tell us how much he understands. Tell us that he's sorry.

Then he must hightail it to Roger Goodell and look the NFL commissioner straight in the eye and tell him that he's sorry, and explain why he should be allowed to practice his craft again in the NFL. Goodell will likely implement some sort of additional suspension. If Vick is lucky, it won't be for the entire 2009 season.

Finally, Vick will have to face his must vociferous tormentors – those People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals folk. They're not my favorite group. I hate their tactics and often think they're more interested in attention than their cause. But this is the truth: If Michael Vick does not make peace with PETA, they will be his worst nightmare.

They will picket his every move (they were outside the courthouse Tuesday). They will hassle any franchise that dares sign him. They will make fans squirm and give owners ulcers. So upon leaving Goodell's office, Vick must take a trek to PETA and at least make an effort to get them to call off the (ahem) dogs.

They've actually given him an out. On Tuesday. PETA's assistant director, Dan Shannon, told the Associated Press: “If [Vick] chooses to [speak out against dogfighting], that’s the only way I think he could ever be seen as any kind of a positive public figure."

Take that ball and run with it, Michael. It's the only way you'll be able to shed the grey uniform you wore into the courtoom today, and the only way get the opportunity to run in another NFL uniform again.

Hey Ma

Re: With an All-Pro apology, Vick deserves to play in the NFL again
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »
Fuck working with PETA.
He should deploy a couple pits after Dan Shannon and return back to the NFL with an air of confidence and ruthlessness.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 03:28:38 PM »
He can take a all pro apology and shove it up his ass, we should tie him up and let some vicious pit bulls chew him to death

DIP DIP SET SET

OchoCinco

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 04:10:34 PM »
such a big deal about dog fighting..i dont agree with it but really, go put away some killers and rapists.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 04:20:30 PM »
such a big deal about dog fighting..i dont agree with it but really, go put away some killers and rapists.

he had devices where female pits would get raped against there will from male pits for breeding purposes

OchoCinco

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »

he had devices where female pits would get raped against there will from male pits for breeding purposes

i got that for woman to, its called date rape....

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 05:00:23 PM »
word.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
what a jerk
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 10:44:24 PM »
He can take a all pro apology and shove it up his ass, we should tie him up and let some vicious pit bulls chew him to death

yo shut the fuck up and stop acting like a bitch. eye hope your dog gets run over by a car. you dog lovers make me fuckin sick. its ridiculous.

yea it was fucked up.........but you crackers didnt have to crucify him like that. uncalled for.

they should start locking you white honkies that hunt down bears, and all that shit and hang it in your walls.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 01:15:19 AM »
he'll be in the NFL again, Lions, Chiefs, 49ers, and perhaps the Jets (once brett retires) , or the vikings will try to nab him up.

at the very least he'll be another project for Jerry Jones in Dallas

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Kool Beenz

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 02:02:04 AM »
^^ im hoping for him to be another project  :D

if he went to the Cowboys i think alot of people would look past it... plus Jerry Jones is a down ass nigga

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 02:45:20 PM »
cant wait til hes back in uniform! 8)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 02:58:58 PM »
word.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.