Author Topic: why didnt Xzibit blow up ?  (Read 954 times)

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
Re: why didnt Xzibit blow up ?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 11:02:13 AM »
I just think he should have kept the style he used on "at the speed of life" album fucker went hard on every track.

changing his style sold 1.5 mill in the US alone, At the Speed of Life didn't seel that many units..... changing his style got him paid and I personally am not made at him....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 12:54:57 PM »
double platinum aint blowing up????? wtf is blowing up then??? he didnt have to 'sell out' to shift those units either, x was a hard ass single, get your walk on, been a long time, front 2 back them shits was hardcore.

BIGWORM

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 08:04:49 PM »
I just think he should have kept the style he used on "at the speed of life" album fucker went hard on every track.

changing his style sold 1.5 mill in the US alone, At the Speed of Life didn't seel that many units..... changing his style got him paid and I personally am not made at him....

The jonas brother sell alot of albums does that mean I should like them? I ain't mad at him either but "at the speed of life" is the only album I bought and kept because it's fire. I bought "restless" and can't remember if I still have it or if I swaped it at the used cd store. It only had 3 tracks I liked 2. Front 2 Back  6. Alkaholik (featuring Erick Sermon, J-Ro &Tash of Tha Liks) (Explicit) & 14. Get Your Walk On (Explicit).

I doubt I will ever buy anothe X album again.... But I'll still bump "AT THE SPEED OF LIFE" & those 3 tracks.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 10:08:53 AM »

The jonas brother sell alot of albums does that mean I should like them? I ain't mad at him either but "at the speed of life" is the only album I bought and kept because it's fire. I bought "restless" and can't remember if I still have it or if I swaped it at the used cd store. It only had 3 tracks I liked 2. Front 2 Back  6. Alkaholik (featuring Erick Sermon, J-Ro &Tash of Tha Liks) (Explicit) & 14. Get Your Walk On (Explicit).

I doubt I will ever buy anothe X album again.... But I'll still bump "AT THE SPEED OF LIFE" & those 3 tracks.

LOL, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one...

But honestly dude, you listened to Restless all the way through, and those were the only 3 songs you liked? really?? and those 3???? wow....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Kool Beenz

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 12:37:31 PM »
only great album he dropped was restless and M Vs M was ok

EFFeX

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 01:28:05 PM »

LOL, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one...

But honestly dude, you listened to Restless all the way through, and those were the only 3 songs you liked? really?? and those 3???? wow....

Album was a banger, it still gets rotation today, there's a lot more than 3 hot tracks on there...

Best Of Things is still my shit!  8)

GottiValentino

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »
was bumping Restless this weekend and this def should have done more than 1.5 million

Get Your Walk On still is the muthafuckin shit 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »
only great album he dropped was restless and M Vs M was ok

What about 40 Dayz N 40 Nightz?

To be honest I felt like this album and Tha Last Meal should and could have sold more. But to say X as not blown up is crazy though.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 09:45:08 PM »
FUCKIN INDUSTRY!!!!!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 03:51:15 AM »
lol what a bunch of Xzibit stans..  so an artist has blown up if he sells an album in 2000 and still sells less then what artists were selling in a single week at that time !!

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 04:00:23 AM »
lol what a bunch of Xzibit stans..  so an artist has blown up if he sells an album in 2000 and still sells less then what artists were selling in a single week at that time !!

he's finacially comfortable

internationally known

gets tv and movie work and tours worldwide

so yes he has blown up...the thread title wasnt "why didnt xzibit sell more copies than everyone else in 2000??"..for me blowin up is everyone knowing who you are and being fincially stable for the rest of your life...sales is just a part of that...shit if he bring out an album with some t-pain,akon,timberlake and sells a bunch will he have then blown up in your eyes??

cus in my eyes he will have just sold out when it wasnt necessary