Author Topic: What do i need to do to improve  (Read 417 times)

HBKid_Jr

What do i need to do to improve
« on: February 04, 2002, 01:37:59 PM »
ight have been k.o'ed in each of my last 4-6 battles,  i dont mind losin but when im gettin K.O'ed it gets real discourging,  tha only vote i got was sympathy vote.  For tha people that  actually read my rhymes what should i do to improve in order to receive votes an by tha way in my battle against tone jus give him tha KO cuz he deserved it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: What do i need to do to improve
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2002, 01:41:14 PM »
nah man u tight, keep spittin, challange ppl on your level, analyze ure rhymes, and the votes against you, and try to improve upon that,  like expand more in your barz, add more shit to describe what your trying to say numsayin.  Holla at a few rhymers on AIM, u hardly come online, thaz wht i did, i talked to gud rhymers, who helped me improve, even if you lose, dont get discouraged, try learning from your mistakes, and improving upon what u lack, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2002, 01:54:07 PM »
nah man u tight, keep spittin, challange ppl on your level, analyze ure rhymes, and the votes against you, and try to improve upon that,  like expand more in your barz, add more shit to describe what your trying to say numsayin.  Holla at a few rhymers on AIM, u hardly come online, thaz wht i did, i talked to gud rhymers, who helped me improve, even if you lose, dont get discouraged, try learning from your mistakes, and improving upon what u lack, peace

-{bLaDe}

he talked to me ;)

ToNe1904

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2002, 02:08:15 PM »

he talked to me ;)

he said "good" rhymers lol

jus keep at it Tom. Find a style that suits u best, n jus work on it. N try to be as creative as possible. Yur gettin better by tha day, jus keep expanding different aspects of yur rhyming. Metaphors, Multis....things like that. Rememba, so many people rhyme on here...that a simple "suck my dick" wont win anything, but if u bring it about in a creative way like:

"Blade "suckz" and tries to spit "sick-shit", givin head while my dick shot crabs thru his trick-lips" LOL

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2002, 03:47:39 PM »
lol see, there r homo rhymers on the board too ^^

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

ToNe1904

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2002, 04:06:44 PM »
lol see, there r homo rhymers on the board too ^^

-{bLaDe}

lol shut tha fuk up! n go respond to our battle lightweight! lol

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2002, 05:09:11 PM »
1. Metaphors- and try to use more metaphors that have to do with death, gay bashing, guns, bombs, military, etc.... so your shit comes with a lil more intensity.

2.  Dictionary, thesarus.. improve your vocab, it wouldn't hurt for you to read and learn more, knowledge is key, even if it's knowledge on drug trade, you can turn that into some ill shit

3.  Your illest shit was when you were rhyming about killing yourself, well flip it around, and take it out on them dog.. peace

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2002, 06:28:06 PM »
yo tom creativity is huge!, try to come up with new shit that no one has said before, ya know? be original, and reading and all really helps, cause the more knowledge you got, the more shit u can talk about, bring up everyday shit that people can feel and relate too, i think thats all i can say for now....peace

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2002, 10:46:59 PM »
1. Metaphors

When you're battelin someboby, try to imagine how you will defeat/kill him... ex: "like a dragon im blastin fire, removing your derire"

2. Punches.

you gotta have punches  .. punches is like a very hard uppercut, when the target is open.... currently you only have funny punches, but you also need to write sum hardcore and iller kind of them

3. Vocabulary

like infinite said, you gotta start rhyming with iller vocabs. try to have longer rhyming words and use sum multis too

i hope it helped

infinite59

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2002, 02:35:00 AM »
1. Metaphors

When you're battelin someboby, try to imagine how you will defeat/kill him... ex: "like a dragon im blastin fire, removing your derire"

2. Punches.

you gotta have punches  .. punches is like a very hard uppercut, when the target is open.... currently you only have funny punches, but you also need to write sum hardcore and iller kind of them

3. Vocabulary

like infinite said, you gotta start rhyming with iller vocabs. try to have longer rhyming words and use sum multis too

i hope it helped

Word... and MULTI'S... a great example of that is Eminem's Slim Shady LP, try to rhyme 3 or even 4 words in one sentence, and even try to rhyme the last word in the sentence for like 5 straight bars or more, Kane is a good example of that.

min0rity

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2002, 04:02:30 AM »
yo tom187um don't worry about it for real.....its NOT like if you get better at keystyling you get a present..lol....its so funny how people take these keystyling so fucking seriously.....i mean everybody's battling for number one for what??? so what happens if you are #1???? nothing...just cuz you might be in the top 10 DOESN'T make you a better rapper/keystyer in REAL LIFE especially if you can't even rap the shit

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2002, 05:04:11 AM »
so minority is that the reason you had such a fit over that one little point?I mean geez..........:)
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

BL7

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2002, 05:05:17 AM »
I gave up on keystylin'. It took a lot out of me after awhile, plus it just got boring. Anyways, I wouldn't know what the best way is to improve. I just make a verse real quik, then think up ANYTHING that could rhyme wit' it. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't.

BL7 is so-mad, trying to improve his vocab/
so I can come back and put some hurt on yo-ass/

^^ Stuff like that. I just thought that up in a few seconds. I ain't never been good with meta's. I've had a couple of multi's in my shit tho'.

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2002, 04:20:17 PM »
yo tom187um don't worry about it for real.....its NOT like if you get better at keystyling you get a present..lol....its so funny how people take these keystyling so fucking seriously.....i mean everybody's battling for number one for what??? so what happens if you are #1???? nothing...just cuz you might be in the top 10 DOESN'T make you a better rapper/keystyer in REAL LIFE especially if you can't even rap the shit

Yo dogg.... is that why you begged me to text-battle you???? And you wanted to win real bad??? Because it doesn't matter, right.... It's competition dog... I didn't get shit as a kid when I played ball against muthafucka's but I still played and loved the sport.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2002, 04:49:00 PM »
every1 thanks for your advice,  about using a more advanced vocab that suptin ive been workin on a lot lately.  An to infinite that said my best stuff was tha stuff about killin myself,  i gotta agree cuz thats me be real wit myself