Author Topic: anyone tried windows 7 on their pcs yet?  (Read 185 times)

Matty

anyone tried windows 7 on their pcs yet?
« on: December 18, 2008, 06:01:25 PM »
downloading the latest pre-beta right now it has pretty good write-ups even for people coming up from xp systems (like me). gonna make a dual-boot and try it out. wanted to get some real opinions on it. hit me on the low if you wanna try it too.

Al Bundy

Re: anyone tried windows 7 on their pcs yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 06:52:18 PM »
nah i haven't. would like to try it but i'd somewhat wary of using a beta of a operating system. seems pretty hypocritical of myself since I used vista SP1 beta for months before it officially came out.

Matty

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 07:05:12 PM »
yeah i wouldn't do it as my main os but to run alongside xp is easy enough and i dont have any concerns about reformating my system drive completely if things mess up at all.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »
Yeah I advise you should wait until it officialy drops because you will just download some crappy beta that will probably crash all the time.

Matty

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 08:52:17 AM »
i got some friends running the pre-beta and they all say its a LOT better than vista performance wise. runs more like xp but with all the nice added graphical features and advantages that vista brought to the table as well as some new shit. i'm so glad i stuck on xp as i'll end up skipping vista altogether.

the proper beta drops in a few weeks so when that leaks i'm definitely going to try it out on a seperate boot partition 8)

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »
does it look diff at all???

Matty

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 07:12:24 PM »
looks pretty much the same as vista mostly...

GottiValentino

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 04:56:28 AM »
looks pretty much the same as vista mostly...

yeah I got Vista with my new comp and it looks the same probably some minor changes