Author Topic: King Tee 'The Future' (from Thy Kindom Come?)  (Read 704 times)

Don Seer

King Tee 'The Future' (from Thy Kindom Come?)
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:15:47 AM »
I'm reading the new Ronin Ro Dr.Dre biogrpaphy right now.. and in the part where he talks about Thy Kingdom Come theres a track mentioned that I'm not sure has ever been released / or leaked.. as the subject says.. its called 'The Future'. The wiki page and the book claim it uses the xxplosive beat.

The wiki page says that "got it locked" and "thats drama" were also left off the "bootleg" released.. however its kind of obvious why for "got it locked", but for "thats drama" it doesnt make sense.

I have the promo single and sampler EP for the album..

1) "got it locked" was released as a single (have it ion 12" and CD) and also had a music video..
2) 'thats drama' was also on the promo 12" EP (but the other tracks on the promo EP _are_ on the bootleg+ruthless chronicles)

(Ronin do you read dubcc? Cheers for shouting out dubcnn in the book! says whuttup if you do!)

Whats odd is.. we had the original tracklist for the album way back didnt we? (wasnt it in "The Source" with the review?).. I don't remember anything from that tracklist being missing after the bootleg was released..

this track list i found in an old post is what i think is the 'real' original list we had
note: no mention of "the future" and all those tracks have been released.

1. Speak on It   (the version on the sampler has an intro)
2. Got It Locked   (not rereleased since the single)
3. Stay Down
4. Squeeze Yo Balls
5. Money
6. The Chron
7. Big Boyz
8. Let's Make a "V"
9. It's Ruff
10. That's Drama (only on the sampler 12")
11. Real Raw
12. It's Where Ya From  (aka 2 gz from compton feat mc ren)
13. Shake da Spot

I cant ever remember any mention of this track "the future" before now.

These are the releases. the first basically regarded as a bootleg..

1 Intro
2 Speak On It
3 Stay Down
4 Skweez Ya Ballz
5 Monay (ft dr. dre)
6 The Chron
7 Big Boyz (ft too short)
8 Let's Make A V (ft dj quik,frost & el debarge)
9 Tha Game (It's Ruff)(ft playa hamm)
10 Real Raw (ft killa ben)
11 2g's From Compton
12 Shake Da Spot
13 6 N 'na Moe'nin
14 Step On By
15 Big Ballin' (Playin' 2 Win)
16 Where's T (ft dr. dre)
17 Nuthin Has Changed (ft kool g. rap & tray dee)
18 The Original(the original)

and second, and more official "ruthless chronicles" (some are later tracks though)

01. Squeeze Ya Balls       
02. Money       
03. Speak on It       
04. As Life Goes By       
05. Ghetto       
06. Sucka Free       
07. Let It Go       
08. Twist a Corner       
09. The V       
10. Put Yo Hand In       
11. Step on It       
12. Blow Treez     

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:40:44 AM by Don Seer »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: King Tee 'The Future' (from Thy Kindom Come?)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 04:29:00 AM »
interesting; i've read the book a while ago, but i can't remember reading anything about the future  ;)

anyway, i've never heard of the track until now.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 05:41:03 AM »
I've only heard the same; it uses the Xxplosive beat. I wouldn't be surprised if King T's verses got recycled tho...

Btw, although it is a fairly good book, I remember there being a few inaccuracies and hearsay reported as fact, so take some things with a pinch of salt.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 06:09:11 AM »
Btw, although it is a fairly good book, I remember there being a few inaccuracies and hearsay reported as fact, so take some things with a pinch of salt.

yup same thoughts here too.. there are definitely some thing thats that stood out in that way..  and some stuff repeated from his other book "have gun will travel"

also interesting is the book by dre's former "right-hand man" which gives a different version/slant on events..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:27:08 AM by Don Seer »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »

yup same thoughts here too.. there are definitely some thing thats that stood out in that way..  and some stuff repeated from his other book "have gun will travel"

also interesting is the book by dre's former "right-hand man" which gives a different version/slant on events..

yeah, that's another great book

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »
Can you up "Twist A Corner" from The Ruthless Chronicles???

Okka

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 12:56:50 PM »
If i remember right Hittman talked about "The Future" in one of his old interviews, he said it was King T rappin over the "Xxplosive" beat.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 12:45:32 AM »
ahh.. found it now.. its in those formula.com interviews...

Whats hilarious is.. IF this is the only source.. it doesnt say it was ever on the final version of "Thy Kingdom Come".. just a leftover from those sessions.

Like said above unforunately the Ronin Ro book isnt always that accurate.. especially surrounding early aftermath..its obvious a lot of stuff is taken from interviews and articles online etc... they should send me a copy to proof read first!

"ThaFormula.com - One of the reasons why I liked your style was because you reminded me a lot of a young King Tee?

Hittman - Yeah he was the fuckin' man. That's another thing. Had his album come out the West Coast would be different right now. He would have set my album up perfect cause we do sound similar and he's a Compton nigga, and I'm a West Side nigga.

ThaFormula.com - Was he still there when you got there?

Hittman - He was on his way out I think. I think I seen him a couple of times and then I didn't see him no more, but I happened to hear this cat I know named Major. He's got a song called "Concrete Nigga" and shit. Big up to him. He was fuckin' with King Tee at the time and "Xplosive" was really this song called "The Future" and man that shit was ridiculous man. That was just one song I heard and I was like aww man!

ThaFormula.com - So your tellin' me the "Explosive" beat from "2001" was really supposed to be a King Tee track?

Hittman - Yeah the "Xplosive" beat was really for King Tee at first. This was back in '98 and shit and that shit was very hot. It was dope shit I can't even describe it. I mean I got at least 7 songs that I recorded with Dre that didn't make "2001." It's just countless material man. That nigga really don't even gotta do no more music to be honest with you."

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 01:32:44 AM »
ahh.. found it now.. its in those formula.com interviews...

Whats hilarious is.. IF this is the only source.. it doesnt say it was ever on the final version of "Thy Kingdom Come".. just a leftover from those sessions.

Like said above unforunately the Ronin Ro book isnt always that accurate.. especially surrounding early aftermath..its obvious a lot of stuff is taken from interviews and articles online etc... they should send me a copy to proof read first!

"ThaFormula.com - One of the reasons why I liked your style was because you reminded me a lot of a young King Tee?

Hittman - Yeah he was the fuckin' man. That's another thing. Had his album come out the West Coast would be different right now. He would have set my album up perfect cause we do sound similar and he's a Compton nigga, and I'm a West Side nigga.

ThaFormula.com - Was he still there when you got there?

Hittman - He was on his way out I think. I think I seen him a couple of times and then I didn't see him no more, but I happened to hear this cat I know named Major. He's got a song called "Concrete Nigga" and shit. Big up to him. He was fuckin' with King Tee at the time and "Xplosive" was really this song called "The Future" and man that shit was ridiculous man. That was just one song I heard and I was like aww man!

ThaFormula.com - So your tellin' me the "Explosive" beat from "2001" was really supposed to be a King Tee track?

Hittman - Yeah the "Xplosive" beat was really for King Tee at first. This was back in '98 and shit and that shit was very hot. It was dope shit I can't even describe it. I mean I got at least 7 songs that I recorded with Dre that didn't make "2001." It's just countless material man. That nigga really don't even gotta do no more music to be honest with you."

yep i remember readin that shit too. King Tee's THY KINGDOM COME coulda been a super hit
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »
Anyone got "Twist A Corner" from the Ruthless Chronicles?? Can someone up it???