Author Topic: The Beatles - Come together  (Read 431 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
The Beatles - Come together
« on: December 26, 2008, 04:37:48 PM »
I don't care for too much Rock n Roll, but damn, this song goes hard.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: The Beatles - Come together
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 05:56:30 PM »
Good tune.

It's all Rock and Roll to me.

Public Enemy No. 1 by PE isn't any less of a rock and roll song to me than Come Together is.

Malcolm McLaren was the manager for th New York Dolls and the Sex Pistols and was a key factor in the conception of Punk. In the early 80s he was releasing solo albums that sounded like this;

He's Rock and Roll and so is that track. I'm not saying he created that sound. I'm saying that the sound belongs to the Rock and Roll spectrum as much as the sounds of the Sex Pistols, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Depeche Mode do.

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 09:55:30 PM »
a classic

Retro

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:45:27 PM »
beatles are the shit. Nobody else has more good songs than the beatles.

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 01:20:40 AM »
Elvis Presley

2euce 7even

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 03:25:53 AM »
Classic.One Of My Fav. Songs Ever.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 07:50:52 AM »
Elvis Presley

Maybe, but Beatles usually win that one out for writing their own songs. I'm not THAT big a Beatles fan to always praise them like some do, but I generally don't prefer experimental music, and their less experimental music is either too soft or too poppy. Not that I don't love their music. I just don't have them on a pedestal.

Jaydc555

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »
Elvis is the most overrated arist of all time.He was basically a pop artist like britney spears that had his songs written and everything done for him he just provided the voice.

Retro

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 11:57:09 AM »
I think that Elvis was just the first pop icon, thats why he is soo big. He was the first big artist to dance and i guess was the first sex symbol. 

wardy

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »
The MJ version was dope as fuck aswell

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 08:52:34 PM »
Elvis is the most overrated arist of all time.He was basically a pop artist like britney spears that had his songs written and everything done for him he just provided the voice.

Comparing Elvis to Spears is just wrong. Firstly the early Sun Sessions Elvis was hugely respected in the black music community and to this day those records are placed very high. Second, he started something completely new in the mainstream music world. Spears was someone in an established field who got popular. Elvis was the catalyst for a new field to become established. Thirdly, saying he just provided the voice is like saying Hendrix just provided the guitar. The voice is an instrument and you can compose for an instrument and be considered a genius or you can just play the fuck out of it and achieve the same status. Some of Jimi's most creative work were covers of other songs. Watchtower's melody was written by Dylan but Jimi gave it life. Listen to some of the original tracks Elvis redid. The songs are given new life with Elvis and he pretty much produced them all.

Little Richard had most of his songs written for him, but he was still a musical genius.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
I don't agree.  Hound Dog sounds better with Big Momma.  Additionally, Chuck Berry was dancing before the King.  He's white so he's got the credit.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 10:07:49 PM »
I don't agree.  Hound Dog sounds better with Big Momma.  Additionally, Chuck Berry was dancing before the King.  He's white so he's got the credit.

Big Momma didn't write it either. I never said it was given better life. I said new live. The versions are very different. It's a new song with Elvis. He did something new with it. That's the point.

You talk like Chuck Berry invented dance moves and Elvis stole them. They didn't even dance the same. Elvis danced like the people in his neighborhood danced. He was from a black area and liked the black clubs. He danced like he learned to dance. He was given credit because he became popular with it. Michael Jackson was very black when he was given all the credit for the Moonwalk, and a bunch of other things. He didn't invent any of them. But he became popular doing them and he gets the credit. Yes if Chuck Berry was white and Elvis was black Chuck Berry would have been bigger than a black Elvis (not having sex with 14 year old native American girls would have helped to). It's a white country, what do you expect? If Nas was white and Eminem was black the ghettos would call Em better, because the ghettos are black areas. It's natural to gravitate towards your own and identify with those who look like you. Not everyone is like that, but the majority is.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 10:10:23 PM »
elvis went to war, he didnt dodge the draft or try to use his status against it.  random fact.

who was ya'll's fav artist from the 1950s?

any perry como fans?

or Hoagy carmichael?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 10:14:45 PM by Hack Wilson »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 11:02:29 PM »
elvis went to war, he didnt dodge the draft or try to use his status against it.  random fact.

who was ya'll's fav artist from the 1950s?

any perry como fans?

or Hoagy carmichael?

Perry Como wore a bow tie. You could never convict a man with bow tie.

Or was it a cardigan?

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:06:05 PM by Shallow »