Author Topic: Should the bball foul limit be raised?  (Read 346 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Should the bball foul limit be raised?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 12:47:27 AM »
refs should just stop calling pussy fouls...that's about it.

if you have a problem with it, you have a problem with the rules more so then the refs. Its like holding in the NFL. Referees could call it on EVERY play if they wanted. According to the rules in the NBA, you could call a foul on almost EVERY possession. The refs actually call less fouls then what the rules dictate.  Unfortunately, when they changed the rules to help out the offenses, they not only took away great defense, but they created games with less rhythm cus of so many foul calls.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »
College should stay at 5 and NBA should stay at 6.  It's perfect how it is IMO

DIP DIP SET SET

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »

if you have a problem with it, you have a problem with the rules more so then the refs. Its like holding in the NFL. Referees could call it on EVERY play if they wanted. According to the rules in the NBA, you could call a foul on almost EVERY possession. The refs actually call less fouls then what the rules dictate.  Unfortunately, when they changed the rules to help out the offenses, they not only took away great defense, but they created games with less rhythm cus of so many foul calls.

the rules should definitely change...contact should only be ruled a foul if it's judged to genuinely interfere with and/or changes the play. a little ticky-tac tap should not be ruled a foul, IMO. I've seen refs refereeing whole games like this and it flows much better...thats why i also put partial blame on some of the refs with sticks up their ass...some refs are definitely more lenient than others.

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »

the rules should definitely change...contact should only be ruled a foul if it's judged to genuinely interfere with and/or changes the play. a little ticky-tac tap should not be ruled a foul, IMO. I've seen refs refereeing whole games like this and it flows much better...thats why i also put partial blame on some of the refs with sticks up their ass...some refs are definitely more lenient than others.

holy shit, i KIND OF agree with u on something.  I mean, IMO if you make rules...the refs should enforce the rules for the league.  That is their job. Not to have their own interpretation of the rules, but to enforce the actual rule.  So when the rule says, a light tap on the shoulder AFTER the ball is released is a foul...then the refs are supposed to call it.  But I do think the rules themselves need to change. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 03:33:54 AM »
+1 Especially when it comes to the Clippers.  Since the mid 90's they breathe on someone that's a foul.  And when opponents do flagrants & other stuff that's suspension worthy, refs don't do jack >:( or call nothin.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »

holy shit, i KIND OF agree with u on something.  

good shit, you're steppin up.

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 09:51:37 PM »

naw, definetely a step down... :grumpy:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 10:03:27 AM »

naw, definetely a step down... :grumpy:

^yup...there's your step down. your step up lasted for 1 reply...damn shame.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 06:07:34 PM »
nah
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens