Author Topic: So LeBron finally gets called on a travel play (+ LeBron speaks out on it)  (Read 902 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: So LeBron finally gets called on a travel play (+ LeBron speaks out on it)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 03:14:51 PM »
i think you guys have look at the situation...

10 seconds left down by two & you get that call, its pretty ridiculous.

they do travel, but they have this pro-hop excuse & they can do what they want.

BAD CALL!

How is it ridiculous if he DID travel? LOL.

LeBron needs to stop bitching.. his signature moves are illegal in the rulebook and he has to accept that. D-Wade is the same. Maybe not as bad as LeBron, but these 2 players get away with traveling at least a couple times a game. In fact, LeBron traveled twice in those very highlights vs Washington without getting called. LOL.

well if its not traveling since the day he stepped foot in the league & theres a 80% chance it would not have been traveling in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd quarters & probably the start of the 4th too, lmao; it shouldnt be traveling with 10 seconds left & the game on the line.

i swear refs try to change the outcomes of games.

actually, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters are when they DO call traveling on lebron. they usually let him go in the 4th though.

OchoCinco

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 03:38:49 PM »

BAD CALL!

LeBron needs to stop bitching.. his signature moves are illegal in the rulebook and he has to accept that. D-Wade is the same. Maybe not as bad as LeBron, but these 2 players get away with traveling at least a couple times a game. In fact, LeBron traveled twice in those very highlights vs Washington without getting called. LOL.

well if its not traveling since the day he stepped foot in the league & theres a 80% chance it would not have been traveling in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd quarters & probably the start of the 4th too, lmao; it shouldnt be traveling with 10 seconds left & the game on the line.

i swear refs try to change the outcomes of games.

it was always traveling...LOL. refs are just retarded.

true that

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »

I do agree. That is an European type of call, where they use to call everything they see on the court. But in the States they don't call this shit, so to do it on the last possession is just ridiculous.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 04:14:18 PM »

BAD CALL!

You said it. He traveled twice in the highlights without getting called...... BUT THEY CALLED IT ON THE LAST POSSESSION.

That's just wrong. If he's allowed to make that move he should be allowed for 48 minutes, not for 47 and 50 seconds.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 04:17:09 PM »
I disagree.

He got away with it enough, it was bound to get called eventually. Its his fault for not thinking like that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 04:20:32 PM »
Its his fault for not thinking like that.

How can a guy who makes the same play for 47 minutes and they don't call it a travel suddenly think it is a travel on the last possession of the game? It just doesn't make sense. If it is travel, it is travel from the very first time to the last. And if they want to "educate" LeBron, they should call it from the first possession to the last one. That way, he has no excuses but to change his style of play and to learn how do dribble properly. But to call only the last possession a travel play is just ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:22:20 PM by Antonio »

teecee

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »
Since we all watch the NBA, we all know that every player (especially the elite ones) get away with travels on the way to the hoop.  I've always hated that about the NBA, and I wished they callled this shit more. 

Having said the above, I agree with the guys who said that its BS to not call this shit and then call it on such a crucial play. 

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 04:39:43 PM »
Well, i'm italian, european, and my father was an Euroleague ref, so nobody more than me can be happy if they start to call travel plays in the NBA. The fact is that they shouldn't call "more" travel plays. "More" means nothing. They should start calling EVERY travel play, in every game, and from the first minute to the last one. Otherwise they'll just remain hypocrities, and the bigs will continue to think the call was something personal, and not tecnical. The rule is clear: 3 steps = travels. Just apply it, or continue to ignore it on the last possession too.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
lol chamill refs are always on brons side so this was a  GOOD CALL  for tht baby...sum1 pass him a few tissues

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 05:52:52 PM »
A call should be made the same, whether it's the first or last play of the game...just because the refs mess up for 47 minutes doesn't mean they should mess up even more in the last minute. i never got that whole "refs should let it go on the final play" philosophy. if it's a travel, CALL IT. this was a good call. 2 bad calls and 1 good call is better than 3 bad calls.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 07:07:06 PM »
thank you Antonio for not being biased because of the man this is about.

if Kobe traveled (dont act like hes never or at least carried :-X) and it was called with the game on the line vs. the Celtics (just to spice it up lol), this board would be going nuts saying "THE REFS ARE GAMBLING AGAIN!"

but the number two man does it, who is often compared to Kobe (sometimes regarded as better), its the greatest call the leagues ever seen right? :) ;) ::)

OchoCinco

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »

if Kobe traveled (dont act like hes never or at least carried :-X) and it was called with the game on the line vs. the Celtics (just to spice it up lol), this board would be going nuts saying "THE REFS ARE GAMBLING AGAIN!"

but the number two man does it, who is often compared to Kobe (sometimes regarded as better), its the greatest call the leagues ever seen right? :) ;) ::)

i like u cham but u r just sounding dumb in this thread bro. sorry

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 07:37:40 PM »

cmon man, you know im right! ;)

Antonio knows whats up. cuz like NIK said, he travled already before that. so why wasnt it called until it was on the play that mattered? the difference between a win & a loss?

its just wrong, it cant be inconsistant. i expect it to be called everytime he does something like this now...

just cant be on and off. :nawty:

OchoCinco

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »

cmon man, you know im right! ;)

Antonio knows whats up. cuz like NIK said, he travled already before that. so why wasnt it called until it was on the play that mattered? the difference between a win & a loss?

its just wrong, it cant be inconsistant. i expect it to be called everytime he does something like this now...

just cant be on and off. :nawty:

lmao so they should just go around not calling travels anymore?and it was only a key play for the cavs to win the game? what about the wizards. If its a violation and they see it then fucking call it. this is the dumbest argument ive seen on here. and turning it onto nik cause hes biased was the easy move to so maybe ill do it.

So lets say this lebron goes and hits the game winner against ur 76s but he traveled and it gets called back. you gunna go and write the nba a letter about ' o lebron should get away with those, hes the greatest bllah blah'. i mean come on man.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 05:24:25 AM by OchoCinco »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 11:20:48 PM »
dude, a travel is a fuckin travel. when kobe travels, they need to call that shit. when lebron travels, they need to call that shit. nobody is exempt. yes, bron has gotten away with that same travel move for years (in the clutch, at least). yes, the refs are stupid for not calling it back then. doesn't mean they should permanently change the rules just because bron is used to getting away with traveling. any time they miss a call like that, ESPECIALLY a game-deciding one, they're going to look more and more retarded