Author Topic: So LeBron finally gets called on a travel play (+ LeBron speaks out on it)  (Read 894 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Although refs have been getting on Bron for travels a lot more often nowadays, it is extremely rare for them to call him out during last minute action. It was slightly justifying that it was against the Wizards, since his two most infamous traveling no-calls occurred twice against Washington during the 2006 play-offs.

Here's the re-cap of the game to see the play (it starts at 1:58).
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/CgfPp36EvHI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/CgfPp36EvHI</a>

Last minute of the game from a camera in the stands.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WVzxLAlTkzM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WVzxLAlTkzM</a>

"Bad call," said James, who compiled 30 points, 10 assists and six rebounds. "We all make mistakes, and I think I got the wrong end of the bargain. I watched it 10 times after the game, and it was clearly a good play."

Without raising his voice or getting particularly animated, James dissected the game's key sequence in extensive detail -- even pointing out that he felt he was fouled as he released the shot, which went in.

His biggest beef, though, was with what he considered a misunderstanding of the way he moved to the basket.

"You have your trademark play, and that's one of my plays. It kind of looks like a travel because it's slow, and it's kind of a high-step, but it's a one-two just as fluent as any other one-two in this league. I got the wrong end of it, but I think they need to look at it -- and they need to understand that's not a travel," James said. "It's a perfectly legal play, something I've always done."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290104027

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
NBA players travel all the time without getting called on it. Especially superstars. Many historic bigs even had travels in their signature moves that were never, ever called. Then there is also this unwritten rule that the refs don't call smaller things on last plays because they want the players to decide the game, that's why you can basically foul someone on the last play without him getting free-throws, so it is kind of natural that a tiny travel by a superstar is not to be called. A travel as blatant as this one can be called, don't get me wrong, I just dislike how Kobe-Fans act like LeBron is unique in that regard.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elano

wtf is a travel play ?

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
NBA players travel all the time without getting called on it. Especially superstars. Many historic bigs even had travels in their signature moves that were never, ever called. Then there is also this unwritten rule that the refs don't call smaller things on last plays because they want the players to decide the game, that's why you can basically foul someone on the last play without him getting free-throws, so it is kind of natural that a tiny travel by a superstar is not to be called. A travel as blatant as this one can be called, don't get me wrong, I just dislike how Kobe-Fans act like LeBron is unique in that regard.

I agree with what you said, up til the last sentence. LeBron isn't the only person who gets away with traveling, but out of any current superstar, he is the one person who typically gets pointed out for it the most by fans and analysts alike, as he was involved in the most infamous instance of a no-call for a travel, which is why I gave the thread this title. And what's this about Kobe fans? As far as I know, LeBron has never traveled against the Lakers on a last second play. Lakers haven't been fucked over in that regard... and I'm pretty sure Kobe fans are in the minority when you compare them to the fans of the teams who HAVE been fucked over. You're kidding yourself if you think it's some personal vendetta against LeBron that started in LA.

And yes, I realize NiK disses LeBron a lot. He's not the sole representative of Kobe fans.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:51:38 AM by Halu Sination »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
wtf is a travel play ?

in this case, a last minute drive to the basket, a play in which lebron has traveled on numerous times. not exactly hard to figure out.

'EclipZe

shits different here in europe lol, you get called everytime when you make a traveling violation

OG Hack Wilson

shits different here in europe lol, you get called everytime when you make a traveling violation

and you guys also have inferior talent too :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Elano

wtf is a travel play ?

in this case, a last minute drive to the basket, a play in which lebron has traveled on numerous times. not exactly hard to figure out.
i don't watch a lot of basket so its HARD to figure out for me  :P

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
wtf is a travel play ?

i don't watch a lot of basket so its HARD to figure out for me  :P

lol, my mistake. well, now you know

GangstaBoogy

He got away with that exact same "trademark play" a few years ago in the playoffs vs Washington. Stop cryin Bron, you got away with it when it mattered the most.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

'EclipZe

Re: So LeBron finally gets called on a travel play (+ LeBron speaks out on it)
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 01:22:18 PM »

and you guys also have inferior talent too :D

just wait in 10 years lol :P

and the rules are kinda different over here then the NBA. FIBA rules huh.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »
i think you guys have look at the situation...

10 seconds left down by two & you get that call, its pretty ridiculous.

they do travel, but they have this pro-hop excuse & they can do what they want.

BAD CALL!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 02:29:25 PM »

BAD CALL!

How is it ridiculous if he DID travel? LOL.

LeBron needs to stop bitching.. his signature moves are illegal in the rulebook and he has to accept that. D-Wade is the same. Maybe not as bad as LeBron, but these 2 players get away with traveling at least a couple times a game. In fact, LeBron traveled twice in those very highlights vs Washington without getting called. LOL.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »

BAD CALL!

LeBron needs to stop bitching.. his signature moves are illegal in the rulebook and he has to accept that. D-Wade is the same. Maybe not as bad as LeBron, but these 2 players get away with traveling at least a couple times a game. In fact, LeBron traveled twice in those very highlights vs Washington without getting called. LOL.

well if its not traveling since the day he stepped foot in the league & theres a 80% chance it would not have been traveling in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd quarters & probably the start of the 4th too, lmao; it shouldnt be traveling with 10 seconds left & the game on the line.

i swear refs try to change the outcomes of games.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 03:04:35 PM »

BAD CALL!

well if its not traveling since the day he stepped foot in the league & theres a 80% chance it would not have been traveling in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd quarters & probably the start of the 4th too, lmao; it shouldnt be traveling with 10 seconds left & the game on the line.

i swear refs try to change the outcomes of games.

it was always traveling...LOL. refs are just retarded.