Author Topic: Anyone Catch This Slick Line By Puffy?  (Read 614 times)

dizell21

• Lil Geezy
Anyone Catch This Slick Line By Puffy?
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:47:02 PM »
I had this conversation with a prominent rapper on the West Coast a couple days ago. How come no one responded to the line Puffy said on "Swagger like Puff".

"What other nigga you know went to War with a Coast and got a Star for it?"

And for those who don't think that's a diss you must of thought that line from the Watcher 2 Jay-z said wasn't a diss either

"We give Dre his props, but that's where it stops." 

And many West Coast rappers I know, talk about Jay-z bitch smacked the West Coast with that line, but no one responded.
I'm definitely not talking about an East coast West Coast war, but it's true the biggest east Coast Rappers, with an exception of a few like "Nas & WU - TANG", who lived for that East/West war don't like for respect the West Coast, especially the wets coast culture and rappers. Now like I said the East PROMINENT RAPPERS, THAT CAME UP DURING THE EAST/WEST WAR. SO don't point out how Dipset and others want to be like LA and gang bang. They didn't come up during that time.

And notice that Biggie movie coming out, they have Pac looking crazy and probably, gonna make look like an East Coast Bias.

Just a question since someone brought up the DMX comments, it's just something I notice and have noticed. I think it;s funny Puffy, still take shots at the West, you know most the East Coast OLD HEADS, and Label Execs still blame the West for fucking up the rap game, because of how Biggie got killed out here. Trust me it may not look like that publicly, but I know fro a fact some Label heads said str8 up they won't let any movements that look like "Deathrow" in the Industry again. Just wondered some of you guys thought on that is, or if you caught Puff's slick talking.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:56:29 PM by dizell21 »

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Anyone Catch This Slick Line By Puffy?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »
who cares what you and 40 glocc think

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »
yeah I mean its crazy but thats what im sayin the muffuccaz that gotta voice and a name dont say shit
but crooked says something and only 2009 fans listen to him!
FUCK THA INDUSTRY AND THAT PUFFY THA VAMPIRE!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

D Breezy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:57:01 PM »
jayz had snoop on a couple tracks, quik produced a track where he said he was only working with the best producers in the game, did that track with dpg and kickd it with dogg pound, worked a lot with dre, and b4 the beef started had that track with game. i think that line was just a line, nuthin more...
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:04:32 PM »
yeah but thats to a certain degree typa situation
its jus a line but when you have legends like
dre
2pac (rip)
snoop
kurupt
nate dogg
ice cube
wc
and others
they might take it more serious, but not say shit?
they also might take it light also and say its jus a line

but overall a line like that that the world will hear isnt jus a line!
your pretty much tryna to say something, but at the end of the day you think your a big shot and the big dogs wont respond cuz youve been in the game forever!

its jus like the dark man x comments!

jayz had snoop on a couple tracks, quik produced a track where he said he was only working with the best producers in the game, did that track with dpg and kickd it with dogg pound, worked a lot with dre, and b4 the beef started had that track with game. i think that line was just a line, nuthin more...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »
hope shyne throws him under the bus
Cube

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:14 PM »
It just bothers me cuz I feel like, why are the top niggas in the game kicking us while we're down? No new West Coast artist can even get a release date. We have Game and Snoop...thats it. Why throw shots at us?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 09:46:25 PM »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:12 PM »
I feel what you sayin!
not suprised game didnt bark at crack man x, he fuckin put him on his album, thats his homie, but still he should have went at him

It just bothers me cuz I feel like, why are the top niggas in the game kicking us while we're down? No new West Coast artist can even get a release date. We have Game and Snoop...thats it. Why throw shots at us?
Cube

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »
Lmao shyne should throw buffy I mean puffy under a bus,when is shyne getting out preety soon I think.
Bullets aint got no names

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »
yeah thats what im sayin all the reasons
1.for bein a snitch
2.for bein a fake fuck
3.for bein buffy
4.for bein puffy
5.for bein
6.for killin pac
7.for killin hip hop
8.for signin danity kane
9.for givin a chance to day 26
10.for bringin out dumb shit like yung joc, b5,
11.for ego trippin
12.for bein a bitch and fuckin shyne up like that (x2)

Lmao shyne should throw buffy I mean puffy under a bus,when is shyne getting out preety soon I think.
Cube

dizell21

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 10:52:46 PM »
yeah but thats to a certain degree typa situation
its jus a line but when you have legends like
dre
2pac (rip)
snoop
kurupt
nate dogg
ice cube
wc
and others
they might take it more serious, but not say shit?
they also might take it light also and say its jus a line

but overall a line like that that the world will hear isnt jus a line!
your pretty much tryna to say something, but at the end of the day you think your a big shot and the big dogs wont respond cuz youve been in the game forever!

its jus like the dark man x comments!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:59:34 PM by dizell21 »

dizell21

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
That's what I'm saying why would you throw such a line out there like that, when you know the West is full of Legends. That's the problem about the West we too busy attacking one another to have any SELF PRIDE. DID You see every NY NIGGA head fro Soulja boy's neck when he said that shit about Nas killing Hip hop? Of course we know Soulja Boy just stupid for that. All I'm saying if we gonna attack each other cool, but shit shouldn't we come at a NIGGA WHO ATTACKS THE WHOLE COAST? And seriously think about it Jay-z is the "KING" of subliminals, he knew that wasn't a line. jay way too smart for that, he just letting niggas know what his feelings on the West it. I mean look at the line in the Aaliyah remix to missing you "Big, NY gang banging now" basically saying Big would roll over in his grave if he saw NY doing that shit. Because the "OLD HEADS" from Jay and BIG'S period, "With the exception of the Nas and WU TANG, Etc", so you gotta see they just thought and looked at the West as idiots. And yes he did songs with Snoop, etc, but that was at a time when everyone had to make it look like peace, so The Corporate Sponsors, and Execs would let money back into Hip Hop. Remember most sponsors/ RICH PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PESPI having someone from COCA COLA KILLED OVER COMPETITION, or Steve Jobbs having someone form Bill Gates camp killed. Sponsors and etcs., were about to pull out of hip hop if niggas didn't straighten up, that's  why Snoop and Jay-z and etc. all played nice. If not the rap game would have been like it is now, "NO MONEY". And most but not least, NIGGAS FROM THE EAST have to come here still, if you want to do a movie, shoot a video, or just enjoy Hollywood you gotta come to the West. Niggas like Jay-z knew that.

Did you think about how Roc A- FELLA, never had a West coast artist. And yes I know the Rumours of DPG signing to the Roc, guess what? It never happened. And don't name some whack WEST coast dude, that the Roc signed that was a singer or someone that never came out.  Remember the HIP HOP SUMMIT when Dame Dash came to LA, and GRAPE STREET CRIPS, was about to get in his ass over not signing no niggas from the West, luckily Crooked I was there and calmed that down, and saved Dame life. Basically what I'm saying is Puffy definitely never makes that statement "Went to war with a Coast and got a star from it" if there was a Suge Knight or Deathrow type label around. I feel as that line from puffy, especially coming from Puff , even more disrespectful that Jay-z's. Though don't get me wrong West Coast artists have admitted to me and others privately, that Jay-z line he bitch slapped the whole Coast with. And I know someone gonna ask why didn't people you talked to respond, to be honest they all pretty much said it's hard for one person to ride on someone that powerful in the game, especially when no one in your region even the "OG Legeds" would back you up because they West and got power now. And these are niggas with Albums in stores and known names who admitted this, and I don't blame them the only one who I could see backing a nigga for responding to 'Puffy" who has a "BIG NAME" would probably be Ice cube.

Trust me the East Coast is heavily powerful in the music Industry, major Radio, TV Promo, and Media comes from NY. Remember they wasn't playing Pac and Deathrow rarely at the height of the beef. That's how Puffy also was able to skew the media and make it seem like Bad Boy, didn't wnat any beef with DEATHROW and they was just trying to make records. Even though behind the scenes Bad Boy put bounties on Deathrow Chains, and other shady shit. Remember Bad Boy's Motto "Bad Boy's Move in silence". They lived up to that. Trust, if a nigga Like Pac or Suge was still around who repped the West to death, Puff would've never have spit that line 10 years later. he did it because he knew no one would say shit about it. Like I said I ain't talking kill a nigga, but you point out how Crooked was on DMX's ass for that shit he said. A gang of niggas should've been on Jay-z and Puffy's ass for the line they each said. Which was way more disrespectful. Honestly I expected at least Ice Cube or someone of that nature to call out puff for that slick talk. They definitely kicking us while we down. and still keeping the West Culture out the game. Snoop did say something on point, they want to shoot the videos, here, steal the lifestyle "gang banging" but they don't want that atmosphere our culture form the West Coast in the Game ever again. Deathrow had a lot of negatives, but they don't want to put the West on, they made the West so big, that just being a rapper from the West coast made labels want to give you a deal. The only West Coast Label is Interscope.  Jimmy Iovine the only exec from the "Five Families" in the music biz willing to get behind a West Coast nigga from that kind of enviroment, because Interscope was built on that West Coast G shit, and Iovine don't give a fuck what anyone say. Remember 50 was blackballed out the game when he came in. Iovine didn't give a fuck he let Em & Dre sign 50. He wasn't gonna be told what to do. Remember before you say Dre and Em signed 50, not Iovine. Yes, but "The Boss" has to give a release date, I.E. Iovine. Nothing happens as you can see without his okay. So for anyone who says leave that shit in the past I can agree, but how can you when two of the most powerful men in hip hop, obviously don't let it go and feel bitter still. Say what you want Puffy meant line, if not why spit it, when that was 10 years ago? Because he can and he still semi likes to shit on the Coast he feels he went to war with, and lost "THE BATTLE". In Puff's eyes he won the "WAR", because look at Bad Boy and the EAST the past 10 years (maybe Bad Boy don't do rap, but they making millions) and his enemy Deathrow? They gone, Suge out the game. It won't shock me, if he made the Ultimate chess move and bought Deathrow from the Auction.  To close the casket in his eyes on the West most prized and powerful label ever.
[/quote]

[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:12:31 PM by dizell21 »

smp4life

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 12:12:55 AM »
Crooked I went hard on DMX in one of his hip-hop weeklys.

Psychotik

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 12:50:52 AM »
All I know is someone needs to get 'em in the most blunt way possible...TMZ style, confront them and diss em up front then and there.
I knew about the Jayz line but not this puffy line. Anyways, those lines were both cheap shots and uncalled for. Its like saying something and biting their tongue at the same time.