Author Topic: Dre's Lost It  (Read 556 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Dre's Lost It
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 06:29:32 PM »
here we go again...

slim thug - bitch im back
bishop lamont - no stoppin carson & grow up
snoop - imagine, round here, boss life
nas - hustlers feat. game

fuck u mean dre lost it?? those beats r better than anything out

lol. it's all a matter of opinion. i think half of the beats you put up were lame.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »
yeah some are gon say they were dope, some will say them say traxx are weak
but overall dre bein the dope producer that he is (he is rite???) he could have made more heat
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 06:55:20 PM »
I think Imagine was on some ill shit, everything flowed well together.  Grow Up comes second but the beat could have been better.

love33

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 10:41:08 PM »
Lets face it, Dre let the West Coast down with this hype and he completely hid from this generation.  No King Tee, Knoc Turnal got Dre's garbage beat and his mixtape was better, Truth Hurtz was a flop, The Big Bang from Busta didn't work, Game went elsewhere for beats, Hittman and Dre broke up because Dre thought Hittman was lazy, Eminem has been out of the scene forever, 50's newer material isn't that hot, the Jay-Z tracks were sub-par, the track he did for Mack 10 was garbage, "Put It On Me" was garbage, "The Wash" was garbage, most of the new Snoop beats were below average except for "Boss' Life."

Since these guys like Storch, Khalil, Mel Man, have been producing behind their own name, we ain't been hearin from Dre.  Go listen to that Storch track "Money On My Mind" that's Dre's old sound right there.

I think right now he's trying to get the right ghostproducers togther and be low-key enough so that he can keep them paid and happy and drop one more platinum album.  "It Could Have Been You" = "That's That" ft. R Kelly and Blue Carpet Treatment didn't sell like it should have with that style (but still better than "Ego Trippin").

And I also predict that this album isn't coming out until 4th quarter 2009 if it does.  Dre will not drop an album for Spring Break.  He is looking for those Christmas dollars and he's gonna wait until the week before Thanksgiving to drop it.  Mark it down, this album ain't dropping til then at the very least.

Think about it and use a little common sense.  There are no major promotion outlets to use right now, people are downloadin like a mo-fo, and they ain't feelin these leaked tracks.  We're in a different game now.  Besides the Internet, a few old school fans coast to coast, and the westcoast, nobody is waiting for this album.  The South is surely not waiting nor do they care their sound is evolved in such a different direction and they are dominating the rap game.  You can't just put 100k behind a video anywhere, tell MTV to rotate it hard, and send it to the radio and expect to do platinum.  Many people are not listening to the radio anymore and they are choosing their own music and MTV has completely fallen off.  People watch videos on You Tube.

I say Dre goes the Kanye direction and he's gonna flirt with making tracks like "Love Lock Down" and "Heartless" to pull that mainstream crowd back.  Then he can move units with the pop crowd, a couple eminem appearances, and a soft trendy dance beat and then he can throw his middle finger up at the hardcore fans, pack his bags, and say he finished strong he's just going to produce.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 10:46:35 PM »
goin in on the dr.!!
haha go at it

Lets face it, Dre let the West Coast down with this hype and he completely hid from this generation.  No King Tee, Knoc Turnal got Dre's garbage beat and his mixtape was better, Truth Hurtz was a flop, The Big Bang from Busta didn't work, Game went elsewhere for beats, Hittman and Dre broke up because Dre thought Hittman was lazy, Eminem has been out of the scene forever, 50's newer material isn't that hot, the Jay-Z tracks were sub-par, the track he did for Mack 10 was garbage, "Put It On Me" was garbage, "The Wash" was garbage, most of the new Snoop beats were below average except for "Boss' Life."

Since these guys like Storch, Khalil, Mel Man, have been producing behind their own name, we ain't been hearin from Dre.  Go listen to that Storch track "Money On My Mind" that's Dre's old sound right there.

I think right now he's trying to get the right ghostproducers togther and be low-key enough so that he can keep them paid and happy and drop one more platinum album.  "It Could Have Been You" = "That's That" ft. R Kelly and Blue Carpet Treatment didn't sell like it should have with that style (but still better than "Ego Trippin").

And I also predict that this album isn't coming out until 4th quarter 2009 if it does.  Dre will not drop an album for Spring Break.  He is looking for those Christmas dollars and he's gonna wait until the week before Thanksgiving to drop it.  Mark it down, this album ain't dropping til then at the very least.

Think about it and use a little common sense.  There are no major promotion outlets to use right now, people are downloadin like a mo-fo, and they ain't feelin these leaked tracks.  We're in a different game now.  Besides the Internet, a few old school fans coast to coast, and the westcoast, nobody is waiting for this album.  The South is surely not waiting nor do they care their sound is evolved in such a different direction and they are dominating the rap game.  You can't just put 100k behind a video anywhere, tell MTV to rotate it hard, and send it to the radio and expect to do platinum.  Many people are not listening to the radio anymore and they are choosing their own music and MTV has completely fallen off.  People watch videos on You Tube.

I say Dre goes the Kanye direction and he's gonna flirt with making tracks like "Love Lock Down" and "Heartless" to pull that mainstream crowd back.  Then he can move units with the pop crowd, a couple eminem appearances, and a soft trendy dance beat and then he can throw his middle finger up at the hardcore fans, pack his bags, and say he finished strong he's just going to produce.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

wcsoldier

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 01:33:31 AM »
It's more and more obvious than Dre musicians/co - producers  have more impact/importance  on the overall quality of the beat than a lot (including me) thought ... Dre has dropped a lot of wack beats since Elizondo and Storch left his team .. Batson is wack and Parker is below average .. Focus is supposed to be involved in Detox a lot aswell which is a bad thing ... he show potential at the beginning but he dropped a lot of beats which sound the same and are just ok (especially for Bishop) .. the only people Dre should fuck with are J.R , Khalil and Hi-Tek ....
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 01:39:01 AM by wcsoldier »

wcsoldier

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 01:37:47 AM »
i thought put it on me was dre and boss life too...are the credits lying or something?

Nottz sampled the same song than Dre used in B. Life for a Busta song but he has nothing to do with Boss Life

Mietek23

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 02:03:09 AM »
The last good beat from Dre was "Imagine" and his last real major hit mas "How We Do". I know all you Dre-groupies can't stand it but the truth is his last beats were just wack and those last couples that have leaked were just garbage! If they were really from Detox sessions, than I'm gonna have a real big ass  L O L  when the infamous Detox will finally arrive in 2015 :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 02:06:56 AM »
Production wise i dont think he's made a good beat or a real banger in the last 5 years i was listening to still dre and that shit really stood out to me i think scott stroch made it but if dre made it that shit is really a great beat when it breaks down at the end its tight. I think the last good beats he made were the massacre and the documentary other then that nothing. the new beats that are coming out this year sound why too flat and plain dre's great and im sure he''l get back up there but as of right now i think he's trying to find a new sound or is just struggling.

The beat is tight man dre still the king

emo  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:09:45 AM by Dre-Day »

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 03:09:07 AM »
His last bangin production that made me go  :o was from 06 called "Get You Some". His productions after that sound like they were made by a depressed man with no inspiration.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.