Author Topic: BATTLECAT is by far the BEST producer on the westcoast  (Read 1011 times)

NEMIISSICK

• Lil Geezy
  • QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
Re: BATTLECAT is by far the BEST producer on the westcoast
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 06:54:11 PM »
BATTLECAT DEF PUTZ IT DOWN NO DOUBT, HES ONE OF THE MANY GREATS 4M THE WEST.  HES BEEN A BIG INFLUENCE ON HOW I PRODUCE MY TRAX. 8)
BANGN WESTCOAST BEATZ & MORE.......

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 07:07:05 PM »
None of these guys have done anything big or mind blowing in 2 or 3 years. Lets hope they pick their game up this year!

Quik > Dre > Battlecat, overall. Mainly because Quik is a one man show, while Dre has been very spotty when not working with Storch, or Elizondo or Mel-Man. Battlecat has some tight beats, but his catalog can't compare to the other two. Plus if I'm not mistaken Battlecat has never done an entire album, at least not a major album. Of the stuff released in the last 2 years, I'd put Rick Rock above them all. He's been producing some heat lately.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
rick rock can make heat and might have made more heat in recent times but he cant touch them three IMO
hes dope but not dre dope, not quik dope or bc dope, not fred dope

None of these guys have done anything big or mind blowing in 2 or 3 years. Lets hope they pick their game up this year!

Quik > Dre > Battlecat, overall. Mainly because Quik is a one man show, while Dre has been very spotty when not working with Storch, or Elizondo or Mel-Man. Battlecat has some tight beats, but his catalog can't compare to the other two. Plus if I'm not mistaken Battlecat has never done an entire album, at least not a major album. Of the stuff released in the last 2 years, I'd put Rick Rock above them all. He's been producing some heat lately.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BIGWORM

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
Fuck Dre is way 2 overrated. Quik and Battlecat have produced triple the amount of tracks then dre has. Quik has been fallen off with his beats compared to the shit he used to do. Battlecat is amazing. But I'm gonna go with Muggs.

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 07:19:49 PM »
I love "Get Your Walk On"
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 08:04:36 PM »
One of the best ever no doubt!!! Westcoast Legend!!

Flixx

gfunkin2

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 09:26:32 PM »
Quik and BC Powda are one and two for me.

Recently, I've been bumping:

Let's Go Play (ft. Nate Dogg)
Friday
Neva Change
As If

Funkstradamus

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 11:03:01 PM »
are ya'll serious???!!  Dre is severely over-rated and he needs a sidekick to make heat...(anybody notice how his sound changed after Daz or Mel-Man or Scott Scorch stopped working with him?)

... i can make the same argument for Quik (he made his tightest shit with G-1 and Rob Bacon..check the credits...i own all the cds..and again when they left so did the trademark "Quik" sound...listen to his last few albums...production dont hold a candle to the shit he did with G-1)

Battlecat go at his shit solo and drop fuckin' masterpieces...layered, articulately crafted, funk laced treasures that never grow old...i never heard anybody going at Battlecat saying they secretly produed his shit (like Dre and Quik)...not to mention Battlecat has consistantly kept it West Coast meaning no matter who he works with he lacing them with some West Coast G-Shit...whether he doing R&B, Gospel etc...

...this ain't even a contest...Battlecat is the best hands down...fuck whether he did a solo album or not...what the fuck that gotta do with his production skills?!! 

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 01:02:26 AM »
Musically:

Quik > Dre > BattleCat

How I Enjoy it

Dre > Quik > BattleCat

no doubts BC is 1 of the best..

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 01:55:17 AM »
Id Have to Say DJ Quik > Battlecat > Cold187um > Dr Dre > Rhythm D

Dj Quik in his prime 1994-2000 Was producing some of the best sounding shit ever. Battlecat STILL got it though after how many years? 16 i think. When i heard Cali was active i was like Dooooopeeee. The I Smooth 7 Album produced by battlecat has some dope joints aswell as Gumbo Roots Which was entirely produced by him (you guys saying he hasnt fully produced an album??). Get Ya walk On = Classic. The stuff he did for tha Eastsidaz was incredibly dope. As far as keeping it westcoast on all his tracks Battlecat got that. His mixtape is droppin soon btw
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

Elano

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 02:01:35 AM »
To me BC is the one that embodies the best the signature West Coast sound

FRED WRECK,not battlecat

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 02:29:41 AM »
are ya'll serious???!!  Dre is severely over-rated and he needs a sidekick to make heat...(anybody notice how his sound changed after Daz or Mel-Man or Scott Scorch stopped working with him?)

... i can make the same argument for Quik (he made his tightest shit with G-1 and Rob Bacon..check the credits...i own all the cds..and again when they left so did the trademark "Quik" sound...listen to his last few albums...production dont hold a candle to the shit he did with G-1)

Battlecat go at his shit solo and drop fuckin' masterpieces...layered, articulately crafted, funk laced treasures that never grow old...i never heard anybody going at Battlecat saying they secretly produed his shit (like Dre and Quik)...not to mention Battlecat has consistantly kept it West Coast meaning no matter who he works with he lacing them with some West Coast G-Shit...whether he doing R&B, Gospel etc...

...this ain't even a contest...Battlecat is the best hands down...fuck whether he did a solo album or not...what the fuck that gotta do with his production skills?!! 

Thats the thing!! Battlecat is a fuckin' Westcoast Patriot! I like his style and it is so incredible how he plays the synths and basslines for his production. I think that Battlecat has the flashiest music style in the rap buisness.

The West Coast has the dopest producer. I mean look at Dre, Quik, Battlecat, Fredwreck, Daz, Rhythm D, Soopafly, Ant Banks and so on....The problem is that these producers havent got the interest to make a new "All Eyez On Me" (especially Dre) for the West Coast..... You know, there is no Death Row or Ruthless to pay them rightly

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Elano

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 02:34:01 AM »
...this ain't even a contest...Battlecat is the best hands down...

you can't be serious  :D  :laugh:

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 02:34:59 AM »

Thats the thing!! Battlecat is a fuckin' Westcoast Patriot! I like his style and it is so incredible how he plays the synths and basslines for his production. I think that Battlecat has the flashiest music style in the rap buisness.

The West Coast has the dopest producer. I mean look at Dre, Quik, Battlecat, Fredwreck, Daz, Rhythm D, Soopafly, Ant Banks and so on....The problem is that these producers havent got the interest to make a new "All Eyez On Me" (especially Dre) for the West Coast..... You know, there is no Death Row or Ruthless to pay them rightly

He uses many old school synths used in the old funk songs which i think is tight. DJ Quik also uses them. As for basslines Battlecat got the dopest shit ever
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 03:46:58 AM »
cat is definitely one of the best producers on the west. i have to hear somethin' current. the beat on the young maylay mixtape that cat did was sick though.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.