Author Topic: Sooners vs. Gators (BCS National Championship Game)  (Read 315 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Sooners vs. Gators (BCS National Championship Game)
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 07:22:16 PM »
1st half was boring 2nd half was way better

yeah.

i HATE Tim Tebow.

he is in the same class as Joakim Noah & Tyler Hansborough.

all three are RIDICULOUSLY overrated for how they play & they will suck when they hit the pros.

unless Tebow is drafted by the Dolphins & stays in the wildcat offense, he is going to be awful lol.

he is only good due to how much the team runs.

leadership is so overrated; its good to have, but it doesnt make you a better player. :-X

Percy Harvin & Sam Bradford will be great in the NFL though. ;) 8)

Tebow isn't overrated. No one even thinks he'll be drafted in the first round. But he is the best college player out today. The only chance I see of him doing well in the NFL right away is if next year the worst team in the league has a great D and no coach and Meyer takes the job and Tebow in the draft then uses the established D mixed with his own style of offense to win games.

only if the Dolphins release Chad Pennington for some strange reason & draft Tebow so he can be in his wildcat offense; he will be okay at most lol.

A lot can happen in the next NFL season to see who'll need a running QB. Unless he shows a hell of a lot of NFL style play next year in college he isn't going to go early in the draft so just about any will be able to grab him. You put Tebow on Dungy's Bucs or the early 2000s Ravens and he'd have at least two SB rings on his hand. If a high octane offensive team drafts him they won't win much but a team with a strong D can do wonders with an unpredictable offense. Of course that's if he stays at QB exclusively. He's enough of an athlete to play a lot of positions.

he isnt a good QB though; sure he can run; but his arm is too overrated, imo.

You mean his arm isn't that great? It would have to be highly rated to be over rated and it isn't highly rated. No one calls the guy Peyton Manning or Dan Marino. Worse QBs than Tim Tebow have Superbowl rings. You talk about him like he has no business even making the XFL.

lmao, he is a left handed Vince Young, who isnt depressed & thinks run before pass.

the fact Florida was so good with the run, made him look like a decent throwing QB, but put a real NFL defense out there & this guy will fold up.

I think they said that exact same thing about Steve Young when he was drafted by Tampa, and look how he turned out. Young admitted it took him years on the bench to understand what it means to be quarterback. You're already counting him out in his junior year of college. I'm not even expecting him to be great in the NFL. He could very easily start off like Troy Smith and end up being as remembered as Ryan Leif. But he's still going to go down as one of the greatest college has ever and will ever see and that's more than can be said for most.