Author Topic: Manchester City launch £91m bid for Kaka  (Read 1829 times)

Elano

Manchester City launch £91m bid for Kaka
« on: January 14, 2009, 12:58:26 AM »
Manchester City blew the January transfer window wide open last night when they launched a world-record bid of €100 million (£91 million) for Kaká, the AC Milan forward.

Officials from the Barclays Premier League club met their counterparts from the Serie A team in Milan yesterday and, according to reports, were armed with a salary offer from Sheikh Mansour, their billionaire owner from Abu Dhabi, that would result in the 2007 Fifa World Player of the Year earning £13.6 million a year after tax.

On a day of frantic transfer activity, Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham Hotspur manager, was also spotted at the San Siro watching Adriano, Inter Milan’s out-of-favour striker, in a 3-1 Coppa Italia victory over Genoa.

Tottenham are prepared to offer Gareth Bale as part of any deal, which could pave the way for Inter to let Adriano go and allow them to pursue their interest in signing Carlos Tévez, the Argentina forward, from Manchester United.

Garry Cook, the City chief executive, met Ariedo Braida, the Milan sporting director, and Adriano Galliani, the Italian club’s executive vicepresident, to discuss the offer for Kaká. Two agents were also present: Ernesto Bronzetti, who advises Milan on transfer activity, and Kia Joorabchian, who has strong links with Brazilian players and acted on behalf of City in the deals that brought Robinho — a British-record signing at £34.2 million — and Jô to the City of Manchester Stadium last summer. Kaká’s agent, Gaetano Paolillo, and the player’s father, who is involved in his son’s business affairs, were not present.

Milan tried to explain the arrival of the City delegation by saying they were there to discuss Dida, the 35-year-old Brazil goalkeeper, but it is unlikely that it would take the top brass of both clubs to discuss the transfer of an ageing reserve. Silvio Berlusconi, the Milan owner, said: “I don’t know anything about any offer, but I do hope Kaká is not for sale and that he stays.”

Unlike Juventus, who parted with Zinédine Zidane for a world-record fee of £48 million in 2001, Milan have never sold any of their star players while still in their prime. Moving Kaká, 26, would be quite a departure and a blow to the ego of Berlusconi, Italy’s Prime Minister and one of the wealthiest men in Europe. However, when faced with Sheikh Mansour’s chequebook and an offer that would just about cover Milan’s wage bill for an entire season, even an ego as big as Berlusconi’s might be ready to concede.

KURUPTION-81

Re: Manchester City launch £91m bid for Kaka
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:56:59 AM »
Failed in there attempt.

As the chant goes "Citys going down with a billion in the bank, a billion in the bank."

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:14:10 AM »
Failed in there attempt.

As the chant goes "Citys going down with a billion in the bank, a billion in the bank."

but remember.....everytime you make fuel  ;D

It'll be nice to know that every gallon of petrol a Manchester United fan buys is going into our transfer kitty."

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:17:53 AM »
Failed in there attempt.

It'll be nice to know that every gallon of petrol a Manchester United fan buys is going into our transfer kitty."

Maybe so but the oil is gonna run out .

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
Failed in there attempt.

c'mon,for once don't you like to have a great derby with the City full of great players ?

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »
Not happening.

Elano

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 11:35:33 AM »
Not happening.
non ne sarei cosi sicuro.
io spero di no,perchè con quei soldi si rifanno mezza squadra

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 11:45:25 AM »
Failed in there attempt.

c'mon,for once don't you like to have a great derby with the City full of great players ?

Not really i remember when we got whopped 5-1 by them, i prefer reminding them they have not won a trophy in over 30 years.

Elano

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 11:47:09 AM »
Failed in there attempt.

Not really i remember when we got whopped 5-1 by them, i prefer reminding them they have not won a trophy in over 30 years.

a real derby must be between two strong teams imo

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »
Failed in there attempt.

I see what you are saying but spurs and arsenal have had some great matches these last few years and arseanl are always higher than spurs

Elano

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 11:56:41 AM »
Failed in there attempt.

I see what you are saying but spurs and arsenal have had some great matches these last few years and arseanl are always higher than spurs

spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>city

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »
Failed in there attempt.

spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>city

probably not at the mo unfortunatly

'EclipZe

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 12:07:51 PM »
fucking idiots throwing around with ridiculous amounts of money.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 02:14:19 PM »
Kuruption u sad RAG Had a bit more respect for u, but not bin on here 4 a while.

Stop getting jealous just because u lot cant afford Hermon Munster AKA Teves.
WILL BUY YA CLUB AND BURN IT DOWN, WILL BUY YA CLUB AND BURN IT DOWN

M.C.F.C FOOTBALL KILLERS muhahahaha

All this hate by the media is making me laugh, do u think if United had the money they would not want to buy him????
United have bin buying the league for years, but no mention of that.
Now it's our fuckin turn

Elano

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 04:00:44 AM »
Manchester City assistant manager Mark Bowen says Brazilian superstar Kaka is "very close" to a world record-breaking transfer from Italian giants AC Milan.

A City delegation travelled to Italy and reportedly bid about 100m euros for the 26-year-old attacking midfielder.

Kaka has said he intends to stay at Milan but Bowen told BBC Sport Wales: "We believe the deal is very close.

"We are selling the future plans of the club to the player."

Kaka's adviser Diogo Kotscho said the 2007 Fifa World Player of the Year would be open to a move to City if Milan wanted to sell.

And Mark Hughes' right-hand-man Bowen revealed: "I've read a lot about his love of AC Milan - and that goes without saying - but even when people said the deal was dead, that was not our understanding.

"We are still hopeful of still signing Kaka.

"The situation has been a surprise to everyone but obviously negotiations have been going on for a fair while.

"How close we are I don't know but our understanding is that it is very much a strong possibility that Kaka will be coming to Manchester City."

Some media outlets reported that the deal was off because Man City had decided to withdraw their offer to Milan.

But Hughes told a news conference on Thursday that the club were continuing their pursuit of the player, insisting that "negotiations are still taking place".

Hughes also said he was very much part of discussions to bring Kaka to Eastlands.

"It would be naive to think I have not been involved in discussions over this transfer. I have had meetings about it and have had an input," said the Welshman.

"It is impossible to say whether it will go through or not but we will let everyone know when there is something to say."

An AC Milan spokesman told BBC Sport on Thursday that they would not be making any further comment on the "special situation".

Kaka's representative insists any move to Manchester City would be done for the right reasons and not just for the reported £500,000-a-week wages.

"It is not impossible, if Milan let us talk, then we will see what City have to offer," Kotscho told BBC 5 Live.

"Kaka knows about the offer but the club did not give authorisation for talks, so we did not meet.

"It was a great proposal but it's not about only money.

"We have to see if Manchester City have a project to become a Champions League team and become one of the top teams in the world, and to stay there long term."

"Kaka wouldn't do anything based on money," Kotscho earlier told Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

Previously Kaka had told the website of Mediaset, a TV company owned by Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi how he wanted to stay at the club for life.

"I want to grow old at Milan," he said.

"I repeat what I have always said. Other clubs can make all the offers they want but it all depends on Milan.

"As I have said before, as long as Milan share my goals, I would like to stay here. Then if one day the club wants to sell me, than that would be a different matter altogether.

"My aim is to become at some point in the future the captain of this team."

With Paolo Maldini currently holding the AC Milan skipper's armband, Kaka added: "I know there is a hierarchy and Maldini and (Massimo) Ambrosini are before me, but after..."

AC Milan confirmed that their chief executive Adriano Galliani had met officials from City on Tuesday to discuss Kaka's future.

In a statement, the Serie A club said: "Galliani received a delegation from Manchester City yesterday in Milan as a gesture of courtesy like always in these cases. There are no talks at the moment."

The current record for a player's signature is £46m when France's Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid in 2001.

Kaka joined Serie A giants Milan from Sao Paulo in 2003 and has since won the league title, Champions League and Club World Cup.

The attacking midfielder has scored 86 goals in 244 appearances for Milan. He has also picked up 62 caps for Brazil and scored 23 goals.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, estimated to be worth £15bn, took over as City owner in September 2008 and extensive funds have been made available to Hughes.

However, he has only secured the services of Wayne Bridge in January's transfer window, with bids rejected for West Ham forward Craig Bellamy and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.

The four-man delegation that travelled to Italy to initiate talks with the Milan officials is believed to have AC Milan confirmed that their chief executive Adriano Galliani had met officials from City on Tuesday to discuss Kaka's future.

In a statement, the Serie A club said: "Galliani received a delegation from Manchester City yesterday in Milan as a gesture of courtesy like always in these cases. There are no talks at the moment."

The current record for a player's signature is £46m when France's Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid in 2001.

Kaka joined Serie A giants Milan from Sao Paulo in 2003 and has since won the league title, Champions League and Club World Cup.

The attacking midfielder has scored 86 goals in 244 appearances for Milan. He has also picked up 62 caps for Brazil and scored 23 goals.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, estimated to be worth £15bn, took over as City owner in September 2008 and extensive funds have been made available to Hughes.

However, he has only secured the services of Wayne Bridge in January's transfer window, with bids rejected for West Ham forward Craig Bellamy and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.

The four-man delegation that travelled to Italy to initiate talks with the Milan officials is believed to have included executive chairman Garry Cook and two representatives of the Sheikh.

BBC Radio 5 Live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis says the move underlines Sheikh Mansour's "desire to transform Manchester City", although he added "actually pulling off what would be an incredible coup is another matter entirely".

With the club struggling in 15th position in the Premier League, it would give City an incredible boost if they were to seal the deal for one of the world's best players.

However, it is thought the move to target Kaka is being driven by the club's top officials rather than Hughes himself.

Kaka is under contract at the San Siro until 2013, and although he stated last February that he wanted to remain at Milan for the rest of his career, he did hint at a desire to play in the Premier League - which he has described as the "best championship in the world".

Italian football expert Gabrielle Marcotti told BBC Radio 5 Live he believed the City delegation had begun conversations with Milan representatives talking about signing goalkeeper Nelson Dida.

"As I understand it, they went to Milan supposedly under the ruse of talking about another player and in the course of the conversation they brought up Kaka and said they would be prepared to spend this much," Marcotti said.

(bbc)