Author Topic: No Sleep Til NYC Appreciation Thread  (Read 155 times)

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
No Sleep Til NYC Appreciation Thread
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:35:41 PM »
One of my favorite mixtapes ever frill Budden Mood Music 2,Royce Da 5'9 Bar Exam 2,joell who the fuck is ortiz some of my other favorites I think this mixtape proved that West Coast rappers could be lyrical too Jay Roc surprised me the most I thought he was coo until this came out I had no more doubts about dude infact when people from other places asks me about the west this is the actual mixtape I tell them about it K Dot is an acquired taste I did not like dude at all when I first heard him thought he was whacc but once I got use to dude meng here is my breakdown of one of my favorite mixtapes

the show (K Dot/Jay Roc): damn they killed this shit could not tell you who came off on this tracc more it was straight murder perfect song to set it off the undertone was of a serious one like we are here this shit will be what it is even with K Dot talking at the end of it about the blue line (what you know bout the blue line) but both lyrically came with it on here

i aint no joke (Jay Roc/K Dot) K Dot lyrically went off on this one his delivery on this was crazy (like 95% of the time) this is where the claim Of Jay Roc voice being something special is shown I think voice is important for a rapper because it can turn away some people but this beat fits Jay Roc well that nelson line from K dot was funny as fucc,and witty as hell I never would have thought of that

enjoy life (K Dot/Jay Roc/Ab-Soul)- this sets a different tone which is dope shows versatility the first two were aggressive this was laid bac once again K Dot delivery is shown to be one of the best in the game (he needs to be mentioned with Royce in that department real talk) Jay Roc story was pretty dope about the shooting soulful tracs also seem to fit jay he is one of the best rappers with using visuals,and I think he does not even know that I loved the way Ab flowed over the tracc I did not expect him to flow like that over the beat when he was spitting that break shit

cream (Jay Roc/K Dot/Ab-Soul) when I heard this on hiphopdx I called Ab told him shit is on there,and they spelled his name wrong he said pay attention as he willbe poopin up more. Jay flipped Raekwon classic verse do not like the alligator part but verse was solid he created a nice vibe k dot without a doubt stole this shit that steve harvery line mixed with the method man rendition was astounding plus once again dude delivery as an mc was perfect ab verse was coo the land slide/land scape line may have went over some people's heads some nice slic shit

the real hip-hop (Ab-soul) I thought this was a nice tracc show cased more of his flow than anything the old heads part was the truth he spit some of the same things I felt

dead presidents III (K Dot/Ab-Soul Jay Roc On The Hook) I think this was more of Ab showcasing his flow,K dot went into in something nasty his delivery once again was top notch nothing else but flawless and his lyrics were the shit,when they went into the splitting the bars thought they were dope they make a dope combo

aint hard to tell (Jay Roc/K Dot) Nas killed this trac something on another level so I will try to speak on this with no bias Jay rode the beat well K dot went in when he flipped that story like the one on "One Love" by Nas showed alot of depth K Dot listens to alot of music you can tell by what he references

smooth operator (Jay Roc/Glasses Malone) dope song perfect rappers to be on this trac jay roc flipped big daddy kane shit nice rode the shit out this beat it has a jazz vibe like that Tribe "Electric Relaxation" song they rapped over he kills mellow beats like this.Malone dropped a nice verse as well that field trip line is one of the sliccest shit I have ever heard

kic in the door (k dot/punch/jay roc on the hook) K doc kicced the shit out of this beat delivery wise again damn Biggie has the best delivery in the history of hip-hop my opinion,and K Dot sounded like he could have wrote a verse for dude(lol new york mom line) on this shit this is also like the second time I paid attention to punch dude should really rap more he seems or at least comes off as real intelligent

Half Way Crooks (k dot/punch/jay roc) Havoc said this beat is over rated but no dude is wrong this prolly the only song on here where K Dot delivery was out standing but lyrically this dude just said some nice shit proves he is elite in this rap shit he is beyond this coast shit he really is punch spit a dope verse the highlight was the rib part nice imagery real nice visuals in this verse which may get over looked due to k dot perofrmance on this shit Jay Roc had to dig in this as well was tailor made for dude flow,and delivery on this were exceptional nice visuals from him too

cali's finest (k dot/jay roc/Ab-Soul on the hook) my favorite song on this mixtape K Dot lyrics/delivery with Jay Roc's delivery/flow made for a dealy combination (maybe next time they touch that beat too) k dot wordplay on this was crazy,and Jay sounds like he is an instrument in the beat

topdawg ent (jay roc/bo/ab-soul/k dot): my goodness everybody came off on this song but I think Ab stole the show which is hard to do it starts off with K Dot/Ab-Soul sharing the first part Dot had some filler with the pampers line Ab killed that PE/PC/Shyne part but K Dot nec muscle shit was nice but Ab lyrically got him on this much like how K Dot got him on Cream (I started teethin the day I heard a beat- Ab-Soul) the hook goes in then Jay Roc/Bo split it honestly Bo had the best flow on this dude is under rated Jay Roc had the best delivery on this trac did not like the Jay Roc pamper line but that light candles shit after was a dope ass visual (which people do under rate Jay Roc in this department)

Death Around The Corner (k dot/Jay Roc) K Dot flipped Pac shit nice but in a way of homage second verse he went in lyrically,jay Roc stole the show on this one though lyrically was not great but damn visually I will say it again Jay Roc does not get the props he deserves in that department

Gangsta Party 08 (jay roc/K dot) damn K dot delivery once again is no joke sonicly other than Royce Da 5'9 you can not mention too many others in this department Jay Roc had some amazing mic presence  (which is not mentioned in hip-hop,and mc appreciation as much as it should) K dot lyrics were also the shit on this the button sequence

New Pimpin (jay roc/k dot) really loved jay roc's flow on this he changed it up his cadence was different than it usually is in his first verse,kdot lyrically went in amistad,nicole kidman,talib kidman wordplay was something noticable also his Suga Free impersonation was dope as a mothfucca

Preach (jay roc/k dot) K dot spit some amazing shit on this the jay-z masters shit was like lol that was some random shit he spit some game on this shit really smooth shit Jay Roc had a nice flow over it but K Dot stole this lol @ the phone with her saying "you know I need my masters bac like Jay-Z first album"

can't be faded (jay roc) dude bodied this beat his energy/mic presence/delivery were on point perfect way to end it

never get enough of this not a whacc tracc on the whole mixtape

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: No Sleep Til NYC Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »
no one else likes

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 06:02:21 PM »
I haven't listened to it yet.. wasn't into Jay Rock or K Dot before.. but after listening to Jay Rock's "All My Life" & "Blood Ni**az" & "BloodWalk 08" and K Boy's "Eastside Starz" with Jay Rock & Glasses Malone I've become a fan.

Started recently looking for as much material on Jay Rock, K Boy, K Dot & Glasses that I could.

So yea I'll be downloading this and be giving it a listen.

Really like K Boy's Green Tape.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 07:19:50 PM »
Yeah that whole mixtape is pure fire.

h2k4

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 07:23:14 PM »
Good mixtape indeed.  Heavily underrated.

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 08:57:32 PM »
havnt chckkd it yet h2k4 lov the sig and pic homeboy  8) haha

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »
What are all the tapes TDE has released?

I got
Jay Rocks
Watts Finest 1 and 2

Top Dawg Ent Do it nigga squad

Jay Rock K dot No Sleep til NYC

K Dot- Training day

Ab Sould- Long Term
Is there any other tapes im missing?

TDE is deffiantely got one of the illest crews

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 10:20:44 PM »
What are all the tapes TDE has released?

I got
Jay Rocks
Watts Finest 1 and 2

Top Dawg Ent Do it nigga squad

Jay Rock K dot No Sleep til NYC

K Dot- Training day

Ab Sould- Long Term
Is there any other tapes im missing?

TDE is deffiantely got one of the illest crews

you missing volume three also Ab-Soul put out a mixtape in 05 after he graduated high school that I picced up at his job I would upload it but it is in storage as well as Nipsey Hussle real first cd I got in 06 from a nigga from six owe that I got on 150th western infront of a liquor store when I was going to buy some milk

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 07:57:51 AM »
this is nice...thanks

h2k4

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 04:15:55 PM »
havnt chckkd it yet h2k4 lov the sig and pic homeboy  8) haha

+1 8)

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 07:19:07 PM »
this is nice...thanks

yeah I jus told Ab this was the best mixtape to come out of TDE this shit is beyond alot of other shit,and I have great taste I can not tolerate whac shit

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »
That mixtape was ntn special imo!!!

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »
I respect that

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »
I respect that

Ya i peeped it when it first dropped and i only felt a few songs off of it. My comp got a virus since then and all my songs got erased so i havn't listened to it in a long time. I might like it better if i download it again!!!

thebayinthebildin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 12:59:06 AM »
yo fool im hella baked right now and i just read every word of ur shit.....damn that was a dope review not gonna lie. i hella agree with u on everything i love this cd. i can tell u listen to a lot of music. keep it up bruh. 8)