Author Topic: LMFAO @ Torre saying teammates calling Arod...Afraud  (Read 415 times)

herpes

LMFAO @ Torre saying teammates calling Arod...Afraud
« on: January 25, 2009, 12:30:41 PM »
LMFAO @ the delusional yanks fans thinking they will actually win a World Series with Arod on the team...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9130146/Torre:-Teammates-called-Rodriguez-%27A-Fraud%27

Torre: Teammates called Rodriguez 'A-Fraud'

Scorned skipper Joe Torre is blasting the Yankees - calling many of his former players prima donnas, confessing he stopped trusting the powers that be years before he left the team and charging that general manager Brian Cashman betrayed him.

In an explosive new book called "The Yankee Years," Torre gets most personal in his attacks against Alex Rodriguez, who he says was called "A-Fraud" by his teammates after he developed a "Single White Female"-like obsession with team captain Derek Jeter and asked for a personal clubhouse assistant to run errands for him.

Torre, who left the Yankees and became manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers after the 2007 season, says Cashman never told the brass that the manager wanted a two-year deal and instead remained silent during Torre's tense final sitdown with the bosses.

The book also reveals that, during spring training in 1999, team doctors revealed to owner George Steinbrenner that Torre had prostate cancer - even before informing the manager himself.

The 477-page tell-all, which The Post purchased from a city bookstore last week, is written by co-author Tom Verducci, a longtime Sports Illustrated reporter.

Torre recounts his 12-year career in New York through interviews. It is being published by Doubleday.

A father figure in the dugout, Torre became the second-winningest manager in Yankee history, bringing the team into postseason play every year from 1996 to 2007.

Must-read:

* WhatIfSports: Best Super Bowl champ
    * CFN: Players' stocks after Senior Bowl

Must-see:

* Baldinger previews Super Bowl
    * Marques Johnson's mailbag

View more videos >>
Top headlines:

* N.C. State's Yow dies of cancer
    * UConn ends Irish's home win streak
    * Federer rallies from 2 sets down to win

All of today's top stories >>
Worth a thousand words:

* Top action from Australian Open
    * Action from Rolex 24
    * Mosley-Margarito snapshots

View more photos >>

Torre spent years trying to bring out a winning performance from A-Rod, the highest-paid player in baseball, which from all reported accounts included a lot of hand-holding and battling the insecurities and demons Rodriguez struggles with.

And while the Bombers would win four world championships under Torre's watch by 2000, there were years of tension over management's choice of players and the growing silence between him and Yankee brass.

Torre's exit in the fall of 2007 came after a 20-minute meeting over his contract with Steinbrenner and other Yankee officials at the team's Tampa, Fla., office.

At the time, the skipper was coming off a tough and highly scrutinized season. He was seeking a two-year contract with the possibility of a buyout.

The Yankees - in a leadership crisis as Steinbrenner dealt with health issues and his sons, Hank and Hal, tried to step into the void - would only offer a one-year deal at a 30 percent pay cut.

Torre felt that if he didn't get a multiyear deal, the intense media scrutiny would continue.

When he announced that he was leaving the team, Torre told reporters that he found the offer insulting but that he considered Cashman one of the few officials in the meeting to have his back.

Time has clearly soured those sentiments.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: LMFAO @ Torre saying teammates calling Arod...Afraud
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 02:49:15 PM »
lol @ Torre tryna cause some controversy.

i thought he was better than that. :grumpy:

also lol @ a Mets fan who gets upset at Yankees fans when they use the Mets in a sentence making this thread. :D

herpes

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »
lol @ Torre tryna cause some controversy.

i thought he was better than that. :grumpy:

also lol @ a Mets fan who gets upset at Yankees fans when they use the Mets in a sentence making this thread. :D

LOL @ you guys loved Torre when he was a puppet.  He shows he has his own thoughts and its fuck him.  And LOL @ bringing the Mets up.  You're cool people cham but when it comes to baseball just listen to the God (me).

LoL @ no one respecting Arod.

LMFAO @ he developed a "Single White Female"-like obsession with team captain Derek Jeter

When it came out he was cheating on his wife the NY Daily News said he like brolic women.  LMFAO @ the best player on the Yanks being a homo

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 03:12:10 PM »
cmon, Torre is upset that the Yankees built some MONSTER ass squad this year & wants some controversy in the clubhouse.

i hope we snatch up Manny & then watch him & his Dodgers finish in the cellar of the NL West! :laugh:

herpes

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »
cmon, Torre is upset that the Yankees built some MONSTER ass squad this year & wants some controversy in the clubhouse.

i hope we snatch up Manny & then watch him & his Dodgers finish in the cellar of the NL West! :laugh:

Why would he be upset that the yanks have a monster squad for.  They spent just as much money when Torre was there as this season.  His team made it to the NLCS while the Yanks missed the playoffs.  I don't see why he would be upset.  And all this stuff about Arod people have been saying about him for years.  It's nice to see it come from Torre's mouth.  But this also shows what an overrated manager Torre is that he allowed that climate to build in the clubhouse.  And same for Jeter who is supposed to be the greatest leader in baseball history but he let Afraud out to dry as well.

And Manny ain't signing with the Yanks.  The Yanks said they want to cut payroll from last season.  They are still looking for one more starter.  Signing Manny puts them over last season.  He's going back to LA b/c San Fran doesn't have the money and the Mets are owned by a cheap jew fuck who is too blind to recognize he would make his money back in Manny jerseys sold in Da Heights and Corona alone.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 03:30:45 PM by Tommy Fits is your hero »

Rick McCrank

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 06:14:25 PM »
surprised Torre would comment on the situation...

I said the same fuckin thing since A-Rod was being shopped around years ago

he's a loser, he'll win the MVP but he won't get a single in the playoffs

he's one of those "all business" type of tools, never shows his true personality

a clubhouse is going to suffer with a guy like that mixed with tons of other lames who the Yankees gave monster contracts

I'll GUARANTEE the Yankees won't win this year, even with all the new big dollar homos aboard

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 06:19:12 PM »
FUCK WHORE-HAY

HAHA
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »
^see baseball is a team sport.

it cant be done alone. A-Rod takes all the blame when the Yankees lose, when he doesnt perform in the clutch.

i understand with the money we pay him he should; every...single...time lol.

but if the pitching did what we pay them to do, there wouldnt be as many clutch situations.

& if the other Yankees hitters did what we pay them to do we would win 100+ games.

the Yankees dont gel, they are individuals right now.

they hit as individuals, not in bunches.

if everyone plays for there pay this year we should win 90+ games by a margin of 5, no joke.

its ridiculous how Yankee haters make fun of A-Rod alone & even get some Yankee fans to agree.

A-Rod not performing in the clutch is a small factor. it shouldnt have to be him all the time; like i said, its a team sport.

if everyone contributes this year how they should, we'll be in the World Series.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »
I hope we hit the world series
always been a yankee fan and always will be
but fuck whorehay for goin off like that, muthafucka you made your legacy wit that team you mitchbade JOE PESCI lookin muthafucka

shit almost half a billion for what 3 players, damn!!!!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »
The Yankees can all suck one  8), G string wearing mothafuckas

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 06:47:01 PM »
FUCK ALL Y'ALL! 8)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »
The Yankees can all suck one  8), G string wearing mothafuckas
LMFAO

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
AHAHAHA.  go torre!! go torre!!!!!  LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFRAUD!!! LMAOOO!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA

yanks with all their star power will be eliminated in the 1st round...dodgers with one star will be going to the WS.  :bandit:

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 09:02:42 PM »
no comment LOL

makes Torre look bitter but can't blame the guy one bit

he's just mad his team can't afford Manny hahaha
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »
no comment LOL

makes Torre look bitter but can't blame the guy one bit

he's just mad his team can't afford Manny hahaha

Where else is Manny going to go.  No one has offered him a contract.  Only a handful of teams can afford him and none of them have shown any interest.  So Manny will either re-up in LA or say fuck it and retire.  And why would the dodgers not signing Manny make him mad and dish some dirt on the Yanks.  And odds are this book was planned and started on before the dodgers even got Manny.  You Yanks fans crack me up.  When the Yanks fired him it was " the yanks did joe dirty I hope he dishes dirt on this organization for how he was treated blah blah blah".  Now that he does he is a bitter old man lol.  You Yank fans crack me up sometimes.