Author Topic: Death Row’s New Owner Speaks  (Read 1494 times)

EFFeX

Re: Death Row’s New Owner Speaks
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 10:28:34 AM »
Like everybody, I would be down for some unreleased shit as long as they don't fuck around with it at all. But I don't really care for the lesser known guys, I wanna hear some of that Crooked, Snoop, Dre & Pac shit that's been locked up for so long. Also, i'm sure nobody would care for any new artists that they think they can sign. Deathrow is long gone, they shouldn't try and bring that shit back. The only people who still care, are the people who wanna hear the old shit.

True, there is no point in releasing an unknown act with a "Death Row" logo on it. Death Row is gone, Suge has no part of it and the original roster all moved on. It wouldn't mean anything to be on that label. I could release an album myself and put a "Death Row" logo on it and it would have the same effect, LOL.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 05:27:06 AM »
Well, now we can finally here all of this music.

Good news, right!?

As long as they don't fuck around with the music.
Who is that chick in the gif sig you have?  She looks like Svetlana from Real World Key West :P

Mygla

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 05:55:53 AM »
They should do everything digital... Put the whole fucking catalogue in iTunes, or make their own online store... They make that shit available for the fans, and risk loosing alot less if it doesn't sell.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 06:54:26 AM »
I like the way she included Petey Pablo in her favourie death row artists/albums.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

birdman11

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »
i haven't been more excited about the music industry in a long time, this is great news

tavern

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 11:01:13 PM »
interesting. man only if suge could have handled his business properly. he went from having everything to nothing. what a shame.

Efrain

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »
Fuck that, Suge made so many enemies he couldn't even release this material if he wanted to... which he clearly didn't. It's a new day I look forward to seeing what happens. It's encouraging to hear her favorite stuff is the Dre and Snoop material. I could care less about the 2pac stuff at this point he's had his unreleased albums, it's time to air out that g-funk shit  8)

MediumL

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 10:47:40 AM »
this shit finally getting released may allow the west coast to move on cause at the moment death row still dominates the left sides scnee.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

love33

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »
This is great news! I hope she rebuilds the label.  She sounds like she wants to move in a positive direction.  Lets hope she signs Tha Realest and puts his albums out.  Pac passed him the torch at the Tyson fight now it's time for him to run with it.  She should also sign Crooked I, Mac Shawn, Top Dogg, Soopafly, Daz, Roscoe, Eastwood, Nate Dogg, Young Keno, Warren G, Ya Boy, and let Kurupt oversee the projects and come correct.

She is taking this thing in the right direction.  How anyone could possibly be angry about this is just an example how the West coast has a lot of fans that are nothing but negative people and probably never been laid in years.  She is doing the right thing for the company and she wants to put out these unreleased records.  Hopefully she gets some producers, does the paper work the right way this time, and runs with a prime label that we can be proud of.

As far as the old unreleased catalog goes, I would really like to see Kurupt's first solo album he recorded in 1993-1995 with the smash hit "I Just Don't Bang No More."  I would also like to see some of the unreleased Warren G songs.

She should also resign the Top Dogg "YGD" and market him hard.  I would also like to see Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Kanye West, Nas, Lil Wayne, Lloyd, Jagged Edge, Nelly, Justin Timberlake, and Usher work with the label as guest artists.

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
I would also like to see Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Kanye West, Nas, Lil Wayne, Lloyd, Jagged Edge, Nelly, Justin Timberlake, and Usher work with the label as guest artists.

You are joking right? lol

Paul

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 02:08:26 PM »
I would also like to see Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Kanye West, Nas, Lil Wayne, Lloyd, Jagged Edge, Nelly, Justin Timberlake, and Usher work with the label as guest artists.

wtf
funkyfreshintheflesh

love33

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »

wtf

The Game and Snoop work with these artists so why not Death Row and get a more national following but still employ a lot of artists from the West?

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 05:08:33 PM »
Lets hope she signs Tha Realest and puts his albums out.  Pac passed him the torch at the Tyson fight now it's time for him to run with it. 

Let's hope she doesn't.  And seriously, Pac passing the torch to Tha Realest??  He wouldn't even pass pack of matches to that wannabe

love33

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »
Lets hope she signs Tha Realest and puts his albums out.  Pac passed him the torch at the Tyson fight now it's time for him to run with it. 

Let's hope she doesn't.  And seriously, Pac passing the torch to Tha Realest??  He wouldn't even pass pack of matches to that wannabe

I dont know if you know this or not, but he reached agreement for him to be on his Makaveli Records label, a sublabel of Death Row (the logo on the Makaveli The Don album).  Also, Pac's closest roaddogs have recorded with Tha Realest like Richie Rich, Scarface, etc.  They definitely gave him the stamp of approval on that "Gotta Love Gangsta's" track.  Damn, some of you all need to crawl up under the rock.

EFFeX

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »

I dont know if you know this or not, but he reached agreement for him to be on his Makaveli Records label, a sublabel of Death Row (the logo on the Makaveli The Don album).  Also, Pac's closest roaddogs have recorded with Tha Realest like Richie Rich, Scarface, etc.  They definitely gave him the stamp of approval on that "Gotta Love Gangsta's" track.  Damn, some of you all need to crawl up under the rock.

Your wording it like Pac passed him the torch to be the "new" Pac, which he never did anything like that.