Author Topic: Death Row’s New Owner Speaks  (Read 1493 times)

love33

Re: Death Row’s New Owner Speaks
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »
^^^Kurupt was long gone when the album was finally released and I believe the only reason Koch could release it without DR's consent was because of contractual agreements.

That's what I'm saying though, Kurupt already joined back up with DPG. So, the fact that DPG was dropping new music on Koch they were able to manipulate the release and get the diss records removed, so Suge was heated.

Go listen to "Speak On It" man, he's dissing the shit out of Daz on there.  Also, he disses Ja Rule, 50 Cent, and DMX talking about quit trying to be like Tupac.

Some of the Daz diss:

Don't think cause your cool with Snoop
That you can do anything that you wanna do
First it's war next its donation false mediation about situations
Take over conversations nigga stop acting like a bitch
Stand up just like a man get your game together
Before a nigga gotta teach you some table manners

EFFeX

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2009, 04:19:28 PM »
^^^Kurupt was long gone when the album was finally released and I believe the only reason Koch could release it without DR's consent was because of contractual agreements.

That's what I'm saying though, Kurupt already joined back up with DPG. So, the fact that DPG was dropping new music on Koch they were able to manipulate the release and get the diss records removed, so Suge was heated.

Go listen to "Speak On It" man, he's dissing the shit out of Daz on there.  Also, he disses Ja Rule, 50 Cent, and DMX talking about quit trying to be like Tupac.

Some of the Daz diss:

Yeah, this is true and Eastwood takes a jab at Daz on the album too... But it's clear that Kurupt was cool with Snoop and Daz again when this album dropped. Otherwise No Vaseline 2 would have been on it. That's why tracks were replaced with the songs from the Dayton Family album and the Domination album.

Not Likely

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2009, 07:20:04 PM »

Some of the Daz diss:

Yeah, this is true and Eastwood takes a jab at Daz on the album too... But it's clear that Kurupt was cool with Snoop and Daz again when this album dropped. Otherwise No Vaseline 2 would have been on it. That's why tracks were replaced with the songs from the Dayton Family album and the Domination album.

I never knew this. thanks for the information. :)

EFFeX

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2009, 08:57:24 PM »

Some of the Daz diss:

I never knew this. thanks for the information. :)

I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time, but this is just what I always heard.

love33

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »
I'm almost 100% sure he was still on the label when it dropped because a week after the album was dropped, all the promo was pulled off tharow's official site and then replaced with Petey Pablo promos for "Same Eyez On Me".  There ended up being at least two Petey Pablo albums recorded.  Two of the songs that he is featured on are called "I'll Beat Yo Azz" ft. Kurupt and another track called "Too Much" featuring Kurupt & Eastwood.  This proves that Kurupt was still with the label.  Suge left him go on good terms right before the company was getting nailed for bankruptcy.  He is probably one of the few artists that left Suge on good terms.

EFFeX

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »
I'm almost 100% sure he was still on the label when it dropped because a week after the album was dropped, all the promo was pulled off tharow's official site and then replaced with Petey Pablo promos for "Same Eyez On Me".  There ended up being at least two Petey Pablo albums recorded.  Two of the songs that he is featured on are called "I'll Beat Yo Azz" ft. Kurupt and another track called "Too Much" featuring Kurupt & Eastwood.  This proves that Kurupt was still with the label.  Suge left him go on good terms right before the company was getting nailed for bankruptcy.  He is probably one of the few artists that left Suge on good terms.

Don't forget though, Petey was on the label a long time before ATG dropped though. Both those albums ended up leaking later on...

BTW: A couple DPG reunion songs started leaking right before ATG finally hit stores, I remember bumping the album the first day it dropped and talking about with my boys how it was weird how he was back with his crew again, but dissing them on the album.

Also, check out this link I just found... ATG dropped later the same month. Dillinger & Gotti 2 a couple months later.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=84612.0
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:12:34 PM by EFFeX »